Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kids League Fraud Charges  (Read 28468 times)
deltaincline

« on: Tuesday, July 8, 2014, 23:32:23 »

Just spotted the following story on the Advertiser site from last week.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11315861.Football_officials_on_major_fraud_charges/

One of the women who's been charged is a former Swindon Advertiser Grass Roots Unsung Hero award winner, Margaret Rivers.

Don Rogers was singing her and the other woman who's been in courts praises last year when the Advertiser ran another story about that league having management rows.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10460248.I_am_disgusted_at_FA___s_treatment__says_legend/

A mate of mine who referees in that Wilts kids league told me that Don resigned as President of the kids league last week - just before the fraud case court appearance (cant see anything online though - so might be bollocks.)

Does anyone know what the fuck is going on?

It all sounds really fucking fishy to me.

Anyone know anything?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 06:51:02 »

Only seen published in the papers. They are very serious allegations aren't they. Not what I thought would end up being incompetence, the article reads as premeditated fraud.

Don wasn't at the league winners presentations on Sunday so maybe he is no longer involved ( but maybe he was not available for the presentation)

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 08:11:12 »

All the dodgy ones are from Shaw fc. Don had a team there and has done very well out of the league via his shop selling kit,trophies,etc.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 9, 2014, 12:47:20 »

I remember Rivers from when I was a kid, she's been around 20 years or so!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
deltaincline

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 00:04:30 »

I see this shitty state of affairs reared it's ugly head again today, this time in Swindon Crown Court.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11366928.Former_youth_football_officials_appear_in_court_over___200k_fraud_claims/?ref=var_0

Whoever these pond-life, skanky fuckers are, they stand accused of fiddling over £200,000 out of kids football between them, which is a scary amount of money.

That's 1/5th of a million fucking quid that's actually been stolen, as at least one of them has entered a guilty plea today.

Doing some digging around on this in the last few weeks and it's fucking fascinating stuff, all happening right on our doorstep!

From what IO'm told, there was a proper pitch-fork and burning-torches posse got together last year to oust the then new Chairman of the league when he and Wembley officials got wind of what was going on. Presumably Don Rogers comments in the paper at the time were aimed at keeping some credibility for him and them, but looking back, it wasn't a good move with £200K going missing and a rake of shit publicity going around with Don's previously good name on it.

A little bird tells me that Don fell out with the same chairman bloke who was also his first team coach at Shaw under 15's as Dons not a qualified coach (that surprised me as well!) Same geezer was hounded out of Shaw with no warning by Don, Rivers and Prictor.

According to the bird, Don stood to lose revenue when the FA started snooping around as he was the league main supplier, so called in someone called Stuart Morgan - a director of Brinkworth Watson Fuels / World Fuel Services Corp according to linkedin - to sort the chairman out as he refused to budge.

Don and the Watson Fuels bloke went to Wembley to complain about the chairman and about one of the FA's rules bods treating their friends (Rivers and Prictor) badly.

The chairman finally went and Watson fuels bloke took the job and told the league that Prictor and Rivers deserved medals for their services to football, publically slated the Wilts FA and the FA, but when the police started poking around, Watson Fuels bloke suddenly dissapeared then mysteriously resigned.

Plod have done a real thorough job of finding out what went on, interviewed a load of people and made dawn arrests when they lifted the cunts currently in the dock.

I'm baffled as to why it's all been kept so fucking quiet to be honest as it sounds like a brilliant soap opera in the making!!!

Some of you fuckers must be able to corroborate whats been going on with this, yeah?

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 07:50:18 »

This "Watson Fuels bloke" is the son of former Swindon player Keith Morgan and him and Keith were the main men behind the very successful Ferndale-Rodbourne youth set up. Stuart  - who I know well - was at one time a Wilts FA councillor and a decent player himself.  I have not spoken to Stuart for a long time now as all my connections with local football finished some years ago.  Stuart - along with Don - was one of the driving forces into forming the league that is now being dragged through the courts when the Swindon and District League were no longer interested in supporting youth football.
deltaincline

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 13:57:11 »

Ahh, some flesh on the bones about one of them then. Thanks for that Ronnie.

Keith Morgan was a bit of a legend in his day I'm told. Reg would probably know better as he's one of the more senior TEF'rs amongst us. Probably why Stuart Morgan stepped in to help The Don then seing as his dad played in the same team.

Doesn't explain why Morgan suddenly dissapeared or resigned though (I'm told he was Vice President as well as the Chairman) or why The Don resigned as the league President a couple of weeks ago?

I'm pretty sure my neighbours kid plays for a Ferndale team so I'll ask him next time I see him, see if he knows anything.

I read the Advertiser this morning and the story is pretty comprehensive. The Prictor woman is going to do a couple of years stretch for a fraud offence on that scale as she's already pleaded guilty. Not sure about the others, but I wouldn't like to be in their shoes.

Don Rogers and his family must be so fucking embarrassed to have been caught up with shit like that. They have a real family based business there that almost certainly relies upon his good name and standing in the town - I have no doubt that anyone else running a dated little shop like that in a shit-hole area wouldn't have lasted for anywhere near as long as he has.

Thinking about it, the whole amateur football scene seems to be a bit dodgy in the Swindon area. Didn't Mike Benson leave the Wilts FA under a dark cloud a couple of years ago?

And I don't think STFC affiliate to Wilts any more, they go straight to the FA - hence no Wilts Premier Shield games.

Tinpot fucking town Wink

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 26, 2014, 20:02:52 »

Unrelated to this but I have a distinct memory of Stuart Morgan and his name stuck with me for it. He reffed a game I played in, must be 18 or so years ago. He totally ruined it to be frank. I've never seen a game reffed that way prior or post that match. Basically he took the putting a name on it rule to extreme. Unless players called their own name for absolutely everything he gave a free kick. By everything I mean everything. No other words could be spoken and it was farcical. At the time he was apparently newly qualified and got absolute pelters from us he was diabolical. I hope he changed after that and fortunately I never saw him officiate a game again.
deltaincline

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 00:04:49 »

BBC saying that those thieving cunts were up in Crown Court again today, well 3 of them anyway.

Margaret Rivers, her old man and Karen Prictor. All 3 plead guilty. Two women to fraud and stealing money from kids league and will be sentenced at a later date, old man for recieving. Total cash gone missing has to be proved by plod and CPS, but between £60-200+K

Kevin Prictor pleads not guilty and will stand trial later.

A bit more digging over the last weeks and months since the last court appearance has turned up a few more bits of the puzzle, as well as revealing that Prictor and Rivers fucked Don Rogers over while they were fiddling the money.

They allegedly sold Don a pup to cover up their thieving, which he was gullible enough to believe and he spoke out against the FA on their behalf, only to find out later that they were actually full of shit and were thieving money from the league while he was the gullible president (who also just happened to be the major ball and trophy supplier and a cheque co-signatory).

By the time Don found out that they'd fucked him over, he'd already done irevocable damage to the his ex-friend who was the Chairman that was at the time leading the stand against the soon-to-be ousted thieving pair of cunts.

I heard that some pretty nasty threats of violence were made towards the chairman - threats to have his legs broken, his house being done over were all bandied about.

This is some serious shit here!

The Don and his family are savage as fuck about it all and there is rumoured to be a finger of blame being waggled in the direction of Stuart Morgan, as he's being blamed for Don being painted in a bad light after Don brought him in to advise him and to help oust the Chairman.

Apparently, as Morgan was a well known local football man - bourne out by the comments earlier about him being a referee etc - he was repeatedly warned when he took over as Chairman that he was out of his depth and was backing the wrong side, but wouldn't have it. He backed Don Rogers and bought into the Rivers and Prictor bullshit, which ended up costing him dearly.

You honestly couldn't make all this shit up. It sounds like the fucking keystone cops, everyone running around with money going missing left right and centre.

A couple of thieving washerwomen, Don Rogers protecting the dollar for his family business and backing a load of fucking criminals and at the same time getting hoodwinked by them.

The son of another ex-Town star gets involved, helps out the Don only to find that he's also been fucked over for his trouble and watches his own credibility exit stage-left.

And this is grass roots kids football. Where the fuck were the FA when all this was going on?

While I despise the thieving cunts that thieved money from kids football, Don Rogers and whoever Stuart Morgan is don't come out of this smelling of roses. It sounds like they haven't got an ounce of fucking integrity between them, have questionable character judgement at best, and really should not be involved in kids football.

Anyone know what the custodial tariff is likely to be for either £60k or £200+K worth of fiddling?

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 06:09:03 »

They'll get a suspended sentence...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 07:04:37 »

They'll get a suspended sentence...
unlikely...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 07:35:51 »

What a mess. Really thought it was going to be a case of local people meaning well but being incompetent.

Was clear this was not true pretty quickly. Fraudulent scum.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 08:52:29 »

It's amazing deltaincline can write all that and yet not link to the story.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 09:52:48 »

Anyone know what the custodial tariff is likely to be for either £60k or £200+K worth of fiddling?

It should be between 3 to 6 years, but the judge has the final say.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 12:51:53 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-29570486

Can remember talk of shenanigans years back.
At the time my eldest was playing for Ferndale Rodbourne and looking back,Shaw fc, whom Margaret Rivers was connected with,had some of the best facilities in the league.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 11, 2014, 12:58:03 by Mother Brown » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: