Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Have you Renewed yet ?  (Read 14949 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 20:08:23 »

just heard the Town are going to play with two up front.

What happened to the intelligent football that the management introduced at the start of last season?

Perhaps losing fourteen hundred season tickets, all the "get it forward" merchants, at a guess. has concentrated the

mind a little.

To late for me to renew. Out of my price range now but maybe next season.  Off course, it'll be very difficult to get back

the fans that DiCanio brought back in his time here.

Myth.

Best season for season ticket sales was the year Fitton dropped the prices to rock bottom, even then they didn't hit the 6k barrier that had been hoped for.

Season ticket prices have now returned to normal but sales are much stronger than the year before that Fitton deal, so all is well in relative terms.  The Di Canio promotion season brought in roughly the same number of fans as the Wise/Sturrock effort.  Maybe you are referring to press passes instead?
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:33:46 »

Myth.

Best season for season ticket sales was the year Fitton dropped the prices to rock bottom, even then they didn't hit the 6k barrier that had been hoped for.

Season ticket prices have now returned to normal but sales are much stronger than the year before that Fitton deal, so all is well in relative terms.  The Di Canio promotion season brought in roughly the same number of fans as the Wise/Sturrock effort.  Maybe you are referring to press passes instead?

My mistake. I thought Power was pleading for the 1,400 season ticket holders that didn't renew to reconsider and to

sweeten the deal he dropped the cost for a week.

I must of imagined it. As for Di Canio, wasn't he a breath of fresh air at the time?  We spent as much time talking about him than the team
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, July 17, 2014, 10:44:09 »

Congratulations on completely missing the fucking point.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, July 17, 2014, 16:01:29 »

There's a clue in his name....

It's All Good..............
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, July 17, 2014, 16:14:16 »

There's a clue in his name....
Cheesy
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, July 18, 2014, 13:20:00 »

Did I really?

I mention losing 1,400 season ticket holders and the feel good mood around Swindon while DiCanio WAS HERE.

Robert T replied with MYTH. Icarus  was a myth

Can't see what I missed.

1,400 isn't an exact figure and a few people would like to rewrite history on the DiCanio years.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, July 18, 2014, 13:28:46 »

You obviously missed the arguments on here when PDC was first appointed.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, July 18, 2014, 13:57:19 »

You obviously missed the arguments on here when PDC was first appointed.

Might of done.

A few people on here kicked off. While the actual attendance at the County Ground went up. Good business for the Town in terms of bums on seats but it's my guess, that goodwill is now over.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, July 18, 2014, 14:47:57 »

had more to do with the fact we had 2 successful seasons, could have been Hart in charge and attendances would have gone up if we were winning. ( however unlikely that scenario would be!)
kerry red

« Reply #84 on: Friday, July 18, 2014, 14:49:56 »

Quite right. People didn't go to see PdC - as amusing as he was - they went to see a winning team
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, July 18, 2014, 15:39:27 »

Quite right. People didn't go to see PdC - as amusing as he was - they went to see a winning team

My GF has been to the CG once, when we lifted the League 2 trophy.

If I'm honest, it was mainly the PDC factor.

Of course, she is a day-tripper and doesn't really count.

I agree that people went to see the team and the good football we played. One thing I miss from that era was the clever free kicks we had, often with Paul Benson profitting.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #86 on: Friday, July 18, 2014, 15:45:42 »

The term is 'plastic' I believe!

Saying that, my wife and daughter in law both went to see the home against Shrewsbury just cos of PdC.

Mrs Audrey still thinks he's great
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, July 18, 2014, 17:02:13 »

Did I really?

I mention losing 1,400 season ticket holders and the feel good mood around Swindon while DiCanio WAS HERE.

Robert T replied with MYTH. Icarus  was a myth

Can't see what I missed.

1,400 isn't an exact figure and a few people would like to rewrite history on the DiCanio years.

No, the Myth was your assertion that we'd struggle to get back the fans Di Canio brought in, like we've lost a glut of them.  I pointed out that we haven't lost any and that Di Canio didn't bring many if any through the turnstiles (backed up by the fact Sturrock's promotion season was as good in attendance terms and previous seasons had far bigger season ticket sales).  I'm not having a pop at Di Canio, merely providing data to assert you talk shit.  Season ticket sales does not equal our attendance.  We've averaged 8,000 + in the past off the back of just over 2k season ticket sales.  Our recent high level of season ticket holder volumes is off the back of Fitton's deal, so was bound to decline over time without a change in fortunes or holding at those crazy low prices.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 13:03:13 »

No, the Myth was your assertion that we'd struggle to get back the fans Di Canio brought in, like we've lost a glut of them.  I pointed out that we haven't lost any and that Di Canio didn't bring many if any through the turnstiles (backed up by the fact Sturrock's promotion season was as good in attendance terms and previous seasons had far bigger season ticket sales).  I'm not having a pop at Di Canio, merely providing data to assert you talk shit.  Season ticket sales does not equal our attendance.  We've averaged 8,000 + in the past off the back of just over 2k season ticket sales.  Our recent high level of season ticket holder volumes is off the back of Fitton's deal, so was bound to decline over time without a change in fortunes or holding at those crazy low prices.

Well, what a cunt I am. I was so convinced that I wasn't going to renew. I even looked at going to the odd Supermarine or Cheltenham game but I've just spent a week with an obnoxious Brentford fan who's forgot about their past. I was so pissed off that on getting back to Swindon I went to the County Ground and bought a season ticket. I still think others have gone and will quickly find other things to do. 
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 13:10:46 »

Well, what a cunt I am. I was so convinced that I wasn't going to renew. I even looked at going to the odd Supermarine or Cheltenham game but I've just spent a week with an obnoxious Brentford fan who's forgot about their past. I was so pissed off that on getting back to Swindon I went to the County Ground and bought a season ticket. I still think others have gone and will quickly find other things to do. 

Oh goody. Hope you're sat behind me. Forward, forward!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: