Poll
Question: What Would You Consider As A Succesful 2014-2015 Season?
Promotion - 6 (5.2%)
Playoffs - 39 (33.9%)
Top Half - 51 (44.3%)
Above Relegation Zone - 13 (11.3%)
Still Having A Club For 2015 - 2016 - 6 (5.2%)
Total Voters: 102

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Would You Consider As A Succesful 2014-2015 Season?  (Read 13750 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 18:51:00 »

Getting knocked out of the FA cup by someone who isn't Macclesfield... or in the conference.

And a midtable finish.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 22:59:44 »

JPT JPT JPT JPT JPT

Please. It's about time we got some silverware.

Playoffs would be great, but I'd expect us to be milling around the 10-14 spots if we have a similar style of play and player pool as last year. Unless we somehow miraculously pull a Leyton Orient.
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 03:09:06 »

Playoffs would be great, but I'd expect us to be milling around the 10-14 spots if we have a similar style of play and player pool as last year.

The same style of play and players that got us close last season?

The squad is pretty strong, but missing some key players. We need a new defence and a replacement for Ranger. If power and Cooper do well filling these positions then I can see us making a challenge for the playoffs this season. If they manage to get us  a strong defence then we could o on to do better as our defence was a weak spot.

If they don't..... can you say mid-table obscurity?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 06:48:15 »

Top half would be good.

Clems Army!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 08:04:22 »

The same style of play and players that got us close last season?

Yes, except for the fact that unlike last season we've got no proven striker, and our defence is weaker than an osteoperoic pensioner's little finger.

I do think we could get playoffs if we make a couple of important signings though, as you say - Central Defence (and get Stevens back on loan to partner whoever it is) and Center Forward. If Williams is up for playing and comes back like he was at the start of his tenure at Swindon, but with a bit more luck, well we'll have that centre forward position all tied up.
Levi lapper

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 08:13:29 »

We need two decent centre backs who can play together, and a striker. Get it right and maybe we can make the  play offs. Survival would do me as things stand. And a good cup run please.
Barry Scott

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 08:25:38 »

Mid-table
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 08:47:08 »

It's usually at around this time that I allow myself some optimism.  I keep telling myself that it has to be our turn soon.  If Blackpool, Yeovil, Brentford, Millwall etc. can manage the step up to Division Two, then why can't we.  We're better supported and resourced than most Division Three clubs...and sooner or later, that will have to tell.

After sending McCrororororory on his way (if the fucker can't be bothered to spell his own name correctly, then neither can I), Power will have a decent amount of personal capital with the fans.  I hope he uses it wisely, and I think he will.  Upper mid-table, building a squad that will challenge for the play offs this season, or automatic promotion next.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 09:36:50 »

Difficult to predict at the mo'. Last season was way more successful than I thought it would be, so huge credit to Cooper.

All considering, staying in touch with a play-off spot until the last couple of games, and a cup run that includes a full-house at the CG would be great.

A better atmosphere at the CG would be a measure of success too.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 10:05:03 »

As long as we don't go down and have a club to support that'll do me. This season is going to be another one of transition. Hopefully the dust settled on Ged and Power's action against him and Murrell is successful - not only for Power but it would be more evidence of wrongdoing and keep Ged even quieter. I really hope that cunt slithers under a big fucking rock.
On the pitch we've got some decent players and some sellable players. To provide financial stability we may have to accept some will go. Power has articulated quite well that people need to get behind him and I hope they do.
The main thing for me is that we have a good base to build from in 2015-16. I'm prepared to write this one off and anything is a bonus really.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 10:27:45 »

Anything about 21st. I don't mean that to sound negative but given the financial situation staying in this league would be fine. I hope for another upper mid table season again but we will need some decent loans
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 12:44:20 »

My first as a season ticket holder so entertaining, attacking football and ideally somewhere around mid-table would be good.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
kerry red

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 13:17:33 »

Difficult to predict at the mo'. Last season was way more successful than I thought it would be, so huge credit to Cooper.

All considering, staying in touch with a play-off spot until the last couple of games, and a cup run that includes a full-house at the CG would be great.

A better atmosphere at the CG would be a measure of success too.

That pretty well sums up last season.

And, yes, a repeat would do me
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 13:19:07 »

Anything about 21st. I don't mean that to sound negative but given the financial situation staying in this league would be fine. I hope for another upper mid table season again but we will need some decent loans

To be fair, that does sound pretty negative.  But you meant 'above' 21st, so we'll let you off.   Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, July 5, 2014, 13:25:26 »

Some people still seem to be going along with the myth that we have a tiny budget.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: