Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should.....  (Read 4563 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 17:07:44 »

Cheesy oh yes reg you are the enoch powell of the forum with your usage of quotes, come and join us mentalists tomorrow Cool
normy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 22, 2005, 17:28:46 »

If we can beat Notts Forest, anything is possible!   :old:

ust be the oldest
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 18:02:42 »

Mid table finish this year then. Have to say given the £250k off the budget I'm happy with that. Lets hope we can build on that next season.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 18:07:16 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Mid table finish this year then. Have to say given the £250k off the budget I'm happy with that. Lets hope we can build on that next season.

You'd be happy with a point this season!

I wouldn't be happy, I want playoffs, or we've underachieved.  You can't have thew players we have and be satisfied with mid-table obscurity.  If you aim for mid-table, you finish in the relegation zone.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 18:11:11 »

Yep it was a vital 6 points......be encouraging to score an away goal in the next couple of games, but I  can't start to imagine how King will line up at Tranny and Walsall.....today we had 4 loan players, which must be a record.

By my estimate Gurney will have played more games for STFC, when he came on than the rest of the side put together, which may also be a record.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 18:23:35 »

Quote from: "Walrus"

You'd be happy with a point this season!

I wouldn't be happy, I want playoffs, or we've underachieved.  You can't have thew players we have and be satisfied with mid-table obscurity.  If you aim for mid-table, you finish in the relegation zone.

But you have to realise that with our budget mid table wouldn't be underachieving.

Anyway there is actually one game left this season on monday so we do still have a small chance of making the play offs, although it is one of the seasons hardest games. If we made the playoffs this season that would be a miraculous achievement to be honest but I would love it if we did.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 18:28:42 »

A win at Tranmere would be a strong indicator of doing something this season....but sadly it wont happen just by wishing it to.

Think King has to try out the Migs, Whalley axis if its an option to him......Pook can come on when one tires.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 18:31:20 »

We've got another midfielder coming in from Fulham on-loan which could do the business, particularly if the Migs Whalley combo is too lightweight...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, August 27, 2005, 21:27:47 »

Build on what.....end of the season we'll have to slash another 250k of the budget.....we cant build on anything because after one season it all gets ripped apart to cut costs
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, August 28, 2005, 01:18:10 »

If we cut another £250k off the budget they'll be pretty much nothing left. :| Not to worry if half of the team's wages are paid by other teams.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 18:41:31 »

Just as well we won the six pointer with Yeovil otherwise we'd be bottom tonight.....I fucking hate relegation struggles.....but the indicators are there.

A lot will want to see King walk.....but I'm not sure its the answer.
land_of_bo

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 19:16:40 »

Do you think we have the quality to see us through a relegation fight reg? I've only managed to get to the Yeovil game this year, and although a good result I thought Yeovil made us look a lot better than we were. I too, feel a struggle on the horizon  Sad
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 19:24:57 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Just as well we won the six pointer with Yeovil otherwise we'd be bottom tonight.....I fucking hate relegation struggles.....but the indicators are there.

A lot will want to see King walk.....but I'm not sure its the answer.

I can't see us being in a relegation struggle at any point this season, unless of course King persists with 4-5-1.

I've been looking at thisisstfc tonight, it's manic over there, people are rabid.
land_of_bo

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 19:31:12 »

Kings head wanted on a stake no doubt ?!?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, September 3, 2005, 19:33:44 »

I don't think they're too fussed on the method of delivery  :shock:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: