Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Friday Quiz 04072014  (Read 6073 times)
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #60 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 13:38:43 »

Doh  I had discounted that because I only counted 3 'O's!  What a putz?!
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 13:51:15 »

Zodiac horoscope,  just for Bewster  Cheesy

Clap
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 14:04:00 »

Good work...that's the most obscure one of these we've yet had....bloke hit on the head by a golf ball ffs.

Don't think we've got the breakfast word, from comedy or 20 yet.

More likely to be lump - plum don't you think?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 14:08:19 »

More likely to be lump - plum don't you think?

Yeah....that's better than citrus, I'd still like to know how Audrey knew Edwin Curtis, even with google.
kerry red

« Reply #64 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 14:13:51 »

Reg

I googled 'Pictures of people with big lump on head' and there he was.

What a wonderful tool! - which is something Mrs Audrey has never uttered
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 14:27:29 »

Reg

I googled 'Pictures of people with big lump on head' and there he was.

What a wonderful tool! - which is something Mrs Audrey has never uttered

You aren't supposed to use Google in this quiz!   No

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 14:41:52 »

1.   Where is Arthur being disruptive?  East Coast USA – the first hurricane of the season. 
2.   What will be named with a bottle of whisky today?  HMS Queen Elizabeth
3.   The insect-repellent citronella is derived from a close relative of which plant often used in Thai cooking?  Lemon grass         
4.   Where is this?       Greater London

5.   In biology, what name is given to the threadlike structures normally occurring in pairs in the cell nucleus that carry hereditary information in the form of genes?  Chromosomes                                                                     
6.   In a standard three-pin electrical plug, two of the pins should be connected to the live and earth wires, respectively:  what should the third pin be connected to?  Neutral
7.   Which Anglo-Saxon king, whose name means ‘noble counsel’, was given a nickname that meant ‘bad’ or ‘no counsel’?  Ethelred the Unready   
8.   The north-eastern corner of the isle of Corfu lies just off the coast of which country?  Albania 
9.   What nominally links these pictures?       HOLY (Holy Island & the Holy See)

10.   Who is this?       Nick Kyrgios

11.   In Ancient Greece, which city-state in the southern Peloponnese was characterized by its rigorous military discipline?  Sparta 
12.   Which traditional Christmas treat originally contained meat and was made in the shape of a cradle, as a reminder of the manger in which Jesus lay?  Mince pie   
13.   Name the ‘S’.       Smorgasbord
14.   Who is the oldest female artiste to top the UK singles chart?  Cher with ‘Believe’ 
15.   The Polish refusal to hand over which port to the Germans was used by Hitler as a pretext for invading the country to start the Second World War?  Danzig / Gdansk   
16.   Part of the Biblical book of Daniel was originally written in which language that is closely related to Hebrew and is said to have been Jesus’s mother-tongue?  Aramaic
17.   Which phrase, meaning that your prospects are bleak, refers to a breakfast item, and can be traced back to a best-selling 1984 film comedy ?  ‘You’re toast!’  from Ghostbusters.   
18.   My neighbour has nine children born at regular intervals.  The sum of the square of their ages is equal to the square of his own age.  How old are his children?  2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23 and 26.  (I’ll also accept 3 sets of triplets aged 11, 23 and 35)

19.   What links these pictures:  Anagrams of fruit  (PAGER/GRAPE; MELON/LEMON; EMIL/ LIME; REAP/PEAR; LUMP/PLUM)

20.   Unscramble the two words:  A C C D E H I O O O O P R S Z  HOROSCOPE & ZODIAC 

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 14:46:28 »

That triplets bit in answer to 18 doesn't make sense
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 14:47:13 »

Yay....I got Holy, Rome also known as the Holy City.

Bob's Friday quizzes are ace...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, July 4, 2014, 15:47:51 »

Yay....I got Holy, Rome also known as the Holy City.

Bob's Friday quizzes are ace...

I am merely the postman of these quizzes Reg! I Can't take pure credit for them! Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: