Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Andy Nicholas on loan to Mansfield? You havin' a Giraffe?  (Read 3716 times)
Anonymous

« on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 19:44:47 »

Just read on www.thisisstfc.co.uk that King accepted a loan offer for Nicholas.  Cannot help but think that is absolute madness.  I realise King has connections with Mansfield but that doesn't justify letting the club's only professional proper left back out on loan.  In my opinion, he needs to be in the side, as his pace is vital, as O'Hanlon, Heywood, Reeves and Jenkins are all pretty much carthorses....
Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 19:46:15 »

He's thrice the fucking player Duke is, Nicho turned it down tho'
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 19:57:40 »

yeh, in the western daily press said nicho rejected it. also turbo is apprantley going nowhere too.
Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 20:25:02 »

Sorry forgot to mention Nicho rejected it, but my point is that the intent is there - King obviously doesn't rate Nicholas as highly as last season.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 21:47:47 »

Quote from: "Fiisch"
Sorry forgot to mention Nicho rejected it, but my point is that the intent is there - King obviously doesn't rate Nicholas as highly as last season.

Niether do I in all honesty
Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 22:03:53 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"

Niether do I in all honesty

So you think Duke of Nicholas?  That's fair enough I can see that, it's just I think his pace is an invaluable asset.

Interesting to see in the Tottenham loan saga Erik Edman was another possibility - a left back.  He's got World Cup experience and looked like a decent player, what a coop that'd have been!
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 22:09:35 »

It's all about current form for me Brighton

Thus.... Duke > Nicco
santini

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 1, 2005, 23:10:31 »

Mansfield have been after Nicho for some time. King rejected previous enquiries. This time he asked Nicho if he wanted guaranteed first team starts for a month on loan.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 00:50:03 »

to be honest it would be good for him to go and get some games under his belt, that i what i feel he is lacking at the moment. Just doesn't seem to have the match sharpness that you get when your playing week in week out.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
santini

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 01:05:21 »

Quote from: "Whits"
to be honest it would be good for him to go and get some games under his belt, that i what i feel he is lacking at the moment. Just doesn't seem to have the match sharpness that you get when your playing week in week out.
Catch 22.

Bad management and short sighted pig-headedness by King who insists on playing crap players like Duke and Howard out of form and out of position just to show fans that he picks the team, not them.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 12:21:42 »

To be fair thought it has paid off with Duke, as if King had dropped him when he was boo'ed off then it would have sent a message out to the fans that it's okay and also ruin Duke's confidence. By continuing to select Duke, he's paid him back with some solid performances.

Agree about Howard though!
santini

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 13:10:47 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
To be fair thought it has paid off with Duke, as if King had dropped him when he was boo'ed off then it would have sent a message out to the fans that it's okay and also ruin Duke's confidence. By continuing to select Duke, he's paid him back with some solid performances.

Agree about Howard though!

That's the whole point. Its Catch 22 for Nicho and bad management by King because by continuing not to select Nicho .....
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 2, 2005, 15:42:15 »

Duke against Brentford had a very good game and linked up well with Holmes.
Howard also had a good game, but has had a few bad ones it must be said.

I think that it is harder than people think for Kingy. Players are not playing consistently and that makes it hard to know whether to drop them. On their day, the 11 out their yesterday would've beaten Colchester 3-0.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: