Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WC Day 3 - Featuring England vs Italy  (Read 36312 times)
normy

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 15:08:42 »

We need one more player who can hold the ball and pass it around to compete more in the  midfield.  In my opinion Lallana should come in on left to help Baines, the only change.   Otherwise it was very encouraging and it's great to have several fast skilful forwards to choose from. I don't think Rooney is as effective as Sturridge  and is past his best for big competitions, but what do I know?

ust be the oldest
Walter White

« Reply #61 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 15:27:47 »

We have better players in his favoured position and he's not good enough when playing out of position.

Why is that knocking him?
I have been reading this forum without contributing for long enough to know that Janaage hates everything English so that means that none of us deserve an opinion especially if it differs from his.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 15:37:48 »

I thought we played well last night and deserved at least a point, but we haven't learnt anything from 2010...it's the left hand side midfield problem again.

4 years ago, Gerrard was asked to play a captain's role and do that position, but he kept on coming more and more infield into his normal midfield, and the Germans took full advantage.

Last night Rooney did poorly in that role, leaving the Italians a free run at Baines. If he doesn't want to play that role, get him out of the team, and get someone in that will. That effort on the hour when he did the dirty work but then failing to even get the shot on target summed him up in the World Cup...promised a lot..but hasn't delivered anything.

The Italians were spot on at the end last night, as we looked the most threatening in broken play and on the counter. When they put two banks of four in front, we had difficulty in breaking them down in the last 15 mins.

It now makes the Uruguay game a must win. I think Suarez is not as fit as they've been saying, otherwise he should've come on the the last 15 mins yesterday when they were chasing the game.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:25:23 »

I have been reading this forum without contributing for long enough to know that Janaage hates everything English so that means that none of us deserve an opinion especially if it differs from his.

'cept Swindon.

Truth is a lot of folk are on Rooney's back at the moment...for a variety of reasons.  Where I might take issue with Jan is that his post implied that we're more prone than most to having a pop at our own players, and I'm not sure that we are.  (I know a few Scots, for example, who are world class when it comes to criticising their own.)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:33:38 »

(I know a few Scots, for example, who are world class when it comes to criticising their own.)

Well, that's just a case of having more material to work with.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:46:47 »

I don't hate all things English at all.

And I don't have a problem with other people's opinions, its what makes interesting debates. I may not agree with them, but that's not important.

Boring world if everyone shared the same outlook.

Rooney's a very good centre forward, don't think England have better.
kerry red

« Reply #66 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 16:48:40 »

Better than Sturridge?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #67 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 17:45:31 »

Gary breen has scored more world cup final goals than Rooney!

My opinion is play him in position or don't play him at all. Stop fitting him in just because he's Wayne Rooney.
@mwooly63

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 18:02:55 »

My opinion is play him in position or don't play him at all. Stop fitting him in just because he's Wayne Rooney.

This
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 18:23:50 »

Better than Sturridge?

He's I think he is. Agree with comment about play him up front, it's where he should be, with a striking partner.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 19:46:50 »

Have to say I agree, for years the same happened with Gerrard playing left wing (where he was dog shit) because the manager couldn't decide between him & Lampard.

By & large it makes sense to pick the best player available in each position, not the best 11 players & fit them in where you can.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: