Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WC Day 3 - Featuring England vs Italy  (Read 36307 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 09:03:19 »

Can we spend all week practicing crosses please?  They were generally absolutely woeful with the the exception of Rooney's for the goal

Totally agree about Rooney, yes he created the goal but was crap bar that.

Apart from one bad mistake i thought Cahill was excellent and our MOM.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 09:26:45 »

So quiet I actually forgot he was playing apart from the poor free kick in the closing minutes.

Oh please, what game were you watching?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 09:29:20 »

I wanted Rooney to play well, but the moment Baines was in his ear about fulfilling his defensive duties he just seemed to go off the boil. IMO Candreva and Darmian made Rooney's night difficult. If he was given the freedom of Sterling, it may have been a different performance.

I don't understand those slating Welbeck either. He was given a job to do and did it well enough.

The biggest frustration for me was Glenn Johnson running straight into Italian players hoping they'd simply disappear.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 09:46:12 »

Would definately start with Barkley and possibly Wilshire starting at the expense of Welbeck and Henderson with Lambert in instead of Rooney.

Not sure what Henderson has done wrong, I get the impression that much like Milner you can only interpret how well he has played if you are at the game as he does a lot of unseen donkey work. 

However depends how we want to change it, if Hodgson thinks we are deficient in falling over and constantly whining at the referee then Wilshire does strengthen the team.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 09:54:42 »

Not sure what Henderson has done wrong, I get the impression that much like Milner you can only interpret how well he has played if you are at the game as he does a lot of unseen donkey work. 

However depends how we want to change it, if Hodgson thinks we are deficient in falling over and constantly whining at the referee then Wilshire does strengthen the team.
Its not for what Henderson did wrong its just that Barkley offers a lot more going forward than Henderson.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 09:54:48 »

I wanted Rooney to play well, but the moment Baines was in his ear about fulfilling his defensive duties he just seemed to go off the boil. IMO Candreva and Darmian made Rooney's night difficult. If he was given the freedom of Sterling, it may have been a different performance.

I don't understand those slating Welbeck either. He was given a job to do and did it well enough.

The biggest frustration for me was Glenn Johnson running straight into Italian players hoping they'd simply disappear.

This is the problem with Rooney he just doesn't seem to have the discipline to play in this team, he was drifting inside so much that it was leaving the right side of the Italy team with acres to run at Baines often doubling up. And as we cannot drop Rooney instead we reshuffled the midfield at half time to accommodate him and never looked as good after that hence why Welbeck was so much less effective in the second half.

For whatever reason everything went through Johnson for the last 20 minutes, whatever his shortcomings he's a bloody willing player and always available for a ball. Didn't help that Sterling was shattered at that stage which meant he seemed to be hugging the touchline which meant it was very congested out there as that is where Johnson naturally heads.

I don't rate Johnson and he is in the team by default as there isn't another option,  but he had an OK game last night.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 09:55:59 »

Its not for what Henderson did wrong its just that Barkley offers a lot more going forward than Henderson.

But wouldn't Barkley replace Welbeck with Wilshire falling over next to Gerrard?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 10:07:07 »

Anybody on here think the Sterling shot went in? Mildew and I in a heap in his living room!

Clems Army!
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #38 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 10:14:09 »

Anybody on here think the Sterling shot went in? Mildew and I in a heap in his living room!

Guilty!   Grin
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 10:15:03 »

Nearly smashed my head on the ceiling.

What you and Mildew get up to in your spare time is none of my business.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 10:22:32 »

Bounced around the pub with everyone else  Roll Eyes
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 10:31:58 »

Haha half the pub did, i got thrown into a piano
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 10:42:47 »

Half the Merlin did, was carnage till realised
 Crying
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 10:50:33 »

Yes me & a couple of mates, leapt in delight.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, June 15, 2014, 11:13:53 »

I thought Henderson played well last night.

Rooney wasn't fantastic, but was being played out of position. He did well for the assist though, and showed to come deep and try and get involved at the end, when Italy had 11 men behind the ball. He was no worse than Gerrard, Wellbeck, Wilshere or Barkley, he's just an easy scapegoat.

Prandelli must be one of the best tacticians working in the game today

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: