Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The summer of cricket thread 2014  (Read 66785 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 15:47:18 »

I wouldn't disagree with what you say Reg and that's a good potential side - in fact I think Chopra should have been given a go a few years ago and again some point last year when he scored a lot of runs!
You might also have seen from my previous side a Yorkshire connection, as a bit of a Yorkie fan through family, Alex Lees is going to be very good and Adam Lyth has been unlucky not to get a go. Bairstow has been in good knick in all formats this season, and his glovework is getting better.

The fact is we have the tools to get better at ODI cricket, but simply aren't using them!

I'm more or less resigned to us carrying on being shite in ODI's, in much the same way as I'm resigned to the football team, continuing to decline. 

You just have to have a laugh about it...for example, after our innings yesterday, I speculated India would knock those off in 32 overs, in fact they did it a couple of balls into the 31st...tonight, I'll be interested to see just how terrible the new England side look trying to play 4-4-2.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, October 6, 2014, 13:27:16 »

So, the Pietersen book is out. The quotes I've seen sound hilarious - Matt Prior is revealed to demand that he is called "The Big Cheese" and to refer to himself in the third person as such, and is later referred to by Pietersen as "A Dairylea triangle who thinks he's a brie" which may well be quote of the year.

Taking the whole thing seriously, it does rather seem that everyone involved (not least Pietersen) is a bit of a clot.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, October 6, 2014, 13:38:41 »

So, the Pietersen book is out. The quotes I've seen sound hilarious - Matt Prior is revealed to demand that he is called "The Big Cheese" and to refer to himself in the third person as such, and is later referred to by Pietersen as "A Dairylea triangle who thinks he's a brie" which may well be quote of the year.

Taking the whole thing seriously, it does rather seem that everyone involved (not least Pietersen) is a bit of a clot.
Problem to me is too many old farts still trying to run the game - old school tie etc - which Pieterson certainly wasn't!!
DMR

« Reply #228 on: Monday, October 6, 2014, 14:25:21 »

Matt Prior has always been regarded by many in the game as a tool, so not surprised about those revelations.

Didn't think he'd show that much vitriol towards Flower though.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, October 6, 2014, 14:27:11 »

Can't wait to read this, love KP and still think he should be playing for England.

Had a read of this earlier, again some interesting comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/kevinpietersen/11142212/Kevin-Pietersen-exclusive-interview-The-truth-about-Englands-bullying-culture.html

#VivaKenBarlow!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #230 on: Monday, October 6, 2014, 15:52:51 »

I'm seeing him at Cheltenham  Literature Festival on Sunday. I'd take most things he says with a pinch of salt. He's a known self-obsessed, self-publicist, with publicist in chief Piers Morgan to guide his every move.

I'll never forget when he first moved to Hampshire - I played with one of the coaches there who didn't hold back in his criticism for the way Pietersen conducted himself - and he was a mild mannered guy.

In Australia this winter he was, as Paul Downton said, completely detached. It was 10+1 out in the field. He spent more time chatting to the crowd than his team mates.

He is to the England team what Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson are to the US Ryder Cup side. Hugely talented, but blinkered and divisive. I expect, and hope, that Anderson, Broad, Bell et al close ranks and hit back as one.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, October 6, 2014, 18:19:39 »

Can't wait to read this, love KP and still think he should be playing for England.

Had a read of this earlier, again some interesting comments:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricket/kevinpietersen/11142212/Kevin-Pietersen-exclusive-interview-The-truth-about-Englands-bullying-culture.html

A fully fit Pietersen, scoring runs for fun is an asset for England.

Unfortunately, in the last year, he had problems with his knees, and, importantly, he's not interested in scoring runs. He's just playing in T20's, getting paid quite a bit of cash doing so. If he was genuinely interested in ever playing for England, he would be playing in the County Championship scoring plenty of runs for Surrey...but he wasn't interested, and his batting has suffered, playing one game a week.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 08:41:10 »

A fully fit Pietersen, scoring runs for fun is an asset for England.

Unfortunately, in the last year, he had problems with his knees, and, importantly, he's not interested in scoring runs. He's just playing in T20's, getting paid quite a bit of cash doing so. If he was genuinely interested in ever playing for England, he would be playing in the County Championship scoring plenty of runs for Surrey...but he wasn't interested, and his batting has suffered, playing one game a week.

I agree with you there - I see he's recently signed up to play in the Big Bash League for Melbourne Stars (same team as Shane Warne I think, if he's playing again). I just wonder whether if he was still playing for England, the 2015 home Ashes series would have been the right place to go out anyway - in any case as much as I'd like to see KP back playing for England I don't think it will happen.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 10:01:16 »

Simply put, KP doesn't give a shit for England any more as it doesn't pay well enough. If he was a footballer he'd have dropped whatever team built him up into the player he is and gone to Man City as soon as possible, to sit on his arse every Saturday and do fuck all whilst collecting the wage.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 16:57:12 »

Cricinfo appear to have got hold of the ECB dossier, which adds further hilarity.

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DOWNLOAD/100/0135/KP.pdf
kerry red

« Reply #235 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 17:18:10 »

KP is a Grade A cunt and should fuck off back to the Boers
DMR

« Reply #236 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 17:30:18 »

He's right about Cook and Carberry though.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 18:21:09 »

Cricinfo appear to have got hold of the ECB dossier, which adds further hilarity.

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DOWNLOAD/100/0135/KP.pdf

Looks like it's been removed. Though from a article on their site it doesn't sound like there was much in it, when you rely on allegations such as "whistling after being given out" and "refusing to tell Piers Morgan what to post on Twitter" I'm guessing there isn't much substance to it.

No matter how big a twat KP is, the whole saga shows a complete and utter incompetence at the ECB in being unable to manage situations and they're star players. Not acceptable that it's got to this point and it could easily have been avoided. KP doesn't give a shit anymore and the ECB are just concerned with flinging shit back, rather than their reputation.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 21:13:45 »

ECB may have last laugh
KP needs a no objection certificate from them to play in the big bash
Can see them withholding that
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Tuesday, October 7, 2014, 21:20:15 »

Looks like it's been removed.

The Guardian have reposted it- http://www.theguardian.com/sport/interactive/2014/oct/07/leaked-ashes-dossier-kevin-pietersen-pdf
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: