Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The summer of cricket thread 2014  (Read 67175 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 15:51:53 »

Another shocking decision to reprieve that Indian batsman, Moeen had him plumb lbw!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 15:54:19 »

Care to adjust your prediction, Reg?

I didn't make a prediction. Just said I wouldn't be surprised, not the same at all. 

DMR

« Reply #137 on: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 00:06:01 »

A bit like your advocating dropping Ballance and writing off Broad and Anderson.

At least you know your football, I will grant you that Reginald.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 11:36:33 »

This is going quite well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 11:56:19 »

A bit like your advocating dropping Ballance and writing off Broad and Anderson.

At least you know your football, I will grant you that Reginald.

I'll give you Ballance, who now looks a proper number 3, in this company, but you've advocated giving Broad 6 months off. I've just said he and Jimmy look knackered. Jimmy has had a good match, perhaps he suspects he might not be playing a Test for a while after tomorrow's hearing.

The progress made by Moeen is a big bonus, I'd like us to use it now to get in Rashid for Manchester....doesn't seem to be much point in carrying 4 seamers of similar type.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 16:20:49 »

Amazing what happens when you have a good first innings with the bat.

Who'da thunk that Moeen would take 6 wickets?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 20:01:02 »

Broad needs surgery on his knee and will have that after this series I imagine in n attempt to be fit for the World Cup.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 21:00:32 »

I'll give you Ballance, who now looks a proper number 3, in this company, but you've advocated giving Broad 6 months off. I've just said he and Jimmy look knackered. Jimmy has had a good match, perhaps he suspects he might not be playing a Test for a while after tomorrow's hearing.

The progress made by Moeen is a big bonus, I'd like us to use it now to get in Rashid for Manchester....doesn't seem to be much point in carrying 4 seamers of similar type.

You come up with some of the worst shouts, Rashid is absolute pony 
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 21:05:22 »

Vaughan was touting him, but he'd just pick the Yorkshire first XI if he could.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 21:07:52 »

Vaughan was touting him, but he'd just pick the Yorkshire first XI if he could.

Think he'd get spanked in international cricket. Don't see why we would need another spinner, Ali is good enough. Biggest problem is the 2 seamers to help with Anderson and Broad - Woakes and Jordan didn't get a wicket between them this test
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 21:14:47 »

Woakes bowled really well and was just a bit unlucky. Not sure he'd be much good on the subcontinental but he'll do all right at home.

We're going to have a bit of fun if Anderson gets a two game ban though, especially as Broad clearly isn't fit enough to lead the attack. Time for the return of Finn? A bit earlier than I'd like but we'll be in a bit of trouble. Perhaps Plunkett back in to take the new ball...I don't think we can play Broad in a three man attack right now.

Cook, Robson, Ballance, Bell, Root, Ali, Buttler, Woakes, Broad, Jordan, Anderson (Plunkett) I supect. Kerrigan might be in the squad but I can't see him making the XI unless Anderson is available (which doesn't look likely)
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 21:16:28 by Nemo » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 21:37:57 »

Spinner with most wickets in Div 1, averaged over 50 with the bat last season, doing OK this.  Essentially I want to see a bit of variety, watching 4 fairly similar right armers is dull.  When I first started watching England play, we had an opening bat called Bob Barber, who also bowled a bit of leg spin....so the attack would be 2 quicks, a stock bowler, Freddie Titmus and then Barber would fill in. He got something like 50 wickets in 20 odd Tests.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 16:23:53 »

Jimmy got off then  Smiley

Can we have Narayanaswami Srinivasan up before the beak next please.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 17:11:25 »

Genuinely surprised. Pleasantly so, but suspect this might have longer term ramifications. Srinivasan is not a man to mess with, and he will back Dhoni to the hilt.
« Last Edit: Friday, August 1, 2014, 17:40:23 by Nemo » Logged
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, August 1, 2014, 17:37:52 »

I believe this outcome is correct, as India didn't follow the right procedure in the first place, and as Mark Butcher said when the allegations came out, that if something did happen, everyone coming off the field would've see it, and why did it take a week to come out?

After Jadeja was found guilty of a lower charge a few days ago and fined, which India appealed with the charges now being adjudged today at the same time, I always thought they would then get the same punishment...or be let off.

The momentum is now with England, and Jimmy is now on his home patch, and I expect Dhoni and Jadeja will still get some stick.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: