Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blatter  (Read 8041 times)
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 18:24:26 »

Blatter craves power and money.What if UEFA withdrew its teams from the World Cup and ran the Euros every two years in direct competition to FIFA. Would the sponsors and TV companies continue to fund FIFA or support the Euros. Considering 19 of the top 30 teams in the world rankings are from Europe,surely it's a possibility and a chance to stick two fingers up to Blatter.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 19:12:52 »

Blatter craves power and money.What if UEFA withdrew its teams from the World Cup and ran the Euros every two years in direct competition to FIFA. Would the sponsors and TV companies continue to fund FIFA or support the Euros. Considering 19 of the top 30 teams in the world rankings are from Europe,surely it's a possibility and a chance to stick two fingers up to Blatter.
However despicable FIFA are (and they are), I really really hope UEFA don't do that. It would be the final triumph of balance sheets over any vestige of romance in football.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 19:40:02 »

Would love UEFA to break away, be great for the game. The thing is the big non UEFA nations would soon join them. FIFA needs dismantling and rebuilding, easiest way to do that is start again. Do it UEFA!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 22:32:57 »

I can't see UEFA doing it, especially with Platini in charge. But I reckon the top European leagues withdrawing from UEFA would have exactly the same effect. Say England, Spain and Germany to start then the rest of the European leagues would follow them, which would bring down UEFA which would bring down FIFA. Power in football is with whoever controls the money and a lot of the FIFA money comes from Europe, take that away and Blatter's power is gone.

Wouldn't want to see Europe / UEFA go it alone. But they could start again and the rest of the world would soon join up.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, June 13, 2014, 05:16:42 »

I'm neutral and young, I'll do it.
The criteria for the job is old and corrupt
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: