Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grant Hall  (Read 3001 times)
bluenosekev

Ignore
« on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 11:02:15 »

Greetings.

Birmingham fan in peace.

We have signed Grant Hall on a seasons loan from Spurs and was wondering what you lot on here thought of him as he played for Town last season. ?

Is he as good as Paul Caddis ?

kro
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 11:04:55 »

Have a look at some of the comments here :

http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=34779.4545

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 11:05:29 »

Nope.

God help your defence unless he's improved massively. Couldn't handle L1 strikers well so Championship ones are likely going to be a nightmare.

Then again, young players can 'work' at some clubs and not at others. He was opposite Darren Ward for most of the season, who, whilst experienced, has not been at his best for quite some time.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 9, 2014, 11:07:06 by Honkytonk » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 11:07:31 »

Tad harsh.

Sure, he got caught out a few times but maybe he was covering up for Ward too much.

defo a footballer in there though
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 11:12:31 »

I'm not sure if he's any good or not. He played alongside our captain and experienced player Darren Ward and wasn't very good. In hindsight though Darren Ward was crap last season. It will be interesting to see how he gets on. He's a ball playing centre half but I felt he got caught in possession atoom uch and was easily bullied and knocked off the ball. Provided no aerial threat going forward either and positionally wasn't great. With a better player alongside, who knows. I wasn't a fan.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 11:14:55 »

Tad harsh.

Sure, he got caught out a few times but maybe he was covering up for Ward too much.

defo a footballer in there though

I think you might have hit the nail on the head with regards to covering for Ward as I personally don't think Hall was half as bad as some make out (although I go to less games than most). Ward was clearly a liability last season so being a young CB can't have been easy for Hall. Troy and Stephens was our best partnership last season, did Hall get the chance to play with Troy?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 11:52:12 »

Some of his better games were against better opposition - QPR/Chelski - so he may be more suited to a higher less physical level ?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 11:58:12 »

Why do players seem to get better after they leave us?

He had a few good games, and at times showed their might be a player in there, but generally he was extremely poor. He was weak, shit in the air, played awful passes, constantly out of position. Whether or not our style of keeping the ball on the floor wasn't good for him (he panicked on the ball too much for me) or what, but when he was decent, he was nearly as good as Troy or Stephens... But most of the time he was a liability.

Having said that, he's a good age and could learn. May even benefit from going up a league. I'm sure playing with someone other than Ward will suit him.
CalRed45

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 13:24:06 »

Definitely a player in there but struggled, got out muscled a few times and got caught out. On the other hand, he occasionally gave glimpses of talent and as someone said above me he played well against higher opposition. If he was under 21 I would say he would have a great chance of being a decent player but at the age he is at he will need to improve quickly.
Barry Scott

« Reply #9 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 13:51:56 »

I thought he was pretty bad to be honest. I certainly can't ever see him playing for Tottenham and I'm surprised he's going to be playing in the Championship to be honest. Certainly nowhere near the calibre of Caddis who would do a better job at centre half I'm sure.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #10 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 14:01:08 »

I thought he was pretty bad to be honest. I certainly can't ever see him playing for Tottenham and I'm surprised he's going to be playing in the Championship to be honest. Certainly nowhere near the calibre of Caddis who would do a better job at centre half I'm sure.
I agree with pretty much all of that.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 14:57:26 »

I thought he was terrible

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 17:27:54 »

Work on his positioning and he might be ok. Big if though, as I lost count last season how many times someone got clean through in a gap he'd left, or the ball bounced over him.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 17:30:06 »

I'm really surprised he went to Birmingham City, I thought he was a die hard Villa fan ?

I suppose he's thinking about his career, but I'd like to think I wouldn't sign for Oxford if I was in a similar position
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 9, 2014, 17:54:28 »

I heard he'd gone to BCFC and thought it was the Wurzels, surprised to see he'd gone to a Championship club.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: