Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 4G  (Read 9616 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 15, 2014, 19:29:57 »

The performance of Orange 3G isnt directly related to the EE 4G being introduced. As part of the merger between Orange & TMobile, they have been undertaking a massive site consolidation project on both 2G & 3G, getting rid of loads of duplicate sites etc. If your 3G performance has dropped, its more likely due to that, ie your closest site may have been de-commissioned or maybe there are more people trying to access the same site now.
I'll take your word for it - all I know is that around the time they started spamming me to upgrade to 4G, my mobile data access went downhill, at home, at work and all places in between so it's not just one area, it's everywhere (or everywhere I use it). Although since Christmas, they have at least brought the phone signal in line with the poor data access as the phone signal is now pretty poor as well. Was thinking about going back to Voda, maybe not in light of Batch's comments. Looks  like I'll be joining the missus and the eldest on O2 then. (Cue loads of people telling me they're shite too)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 15, 2014, 19:40:22 »

If Voda was OK fr you before then don't let me put you off.

And a cynic might say, how are EE going to flog you 4G if the 3G works well. In any case if they are consolodating, fewer cells = greater cell occupancy = less per user bandwidth.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 15, 2014, 20:21:29 »

Ollie - Can I change my plan to a 4G package without resetting my contract? Just don't want to scupper the upgrade date further down the line..

Yeah you can...just need to reset the discount

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 15, 2014, 20:57:16 »

To be fair Three's 3G is pretty good. Do you even need LTE now? Aren't three offering LTE without change of contract (when it arrives)?

Correct. Just done a speed test on my Sky Broadband and it peaked at 10.76. Three 3G has just registered 13.63 peak so quite impressive I guess. And yes the CS guy said it will switch to 4G without any price increase nor new contract.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 15, 2014, 22:05:36 »

I've had 4g on Vodafone intermittently over swindon including at the CG last home game. Normally trying to get half time scores is a ball ache but this zipped through. Quite impressed and I hope it improves the overall experience which I have to agree with Batch to a certain extent that I can go from strong 3G to no signal by going round the corner!
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 16, 2014, 07:07:09 »

Was thinking about going back to Voda, maybe not in light of Batch's comments. Looks  like I'll be joining the missus and the eldest on O2 then. (Cue loads of people telling me they're shite too)

No idea about their 4G but I can tell you voda 3G is gash. Frequently have to borrow by girlfriend's EE mobile because mine is showing as GPRS and hers is showing 3G

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 16, 2014, 09:03:22 »

I have been with O2 for years after experiencing Orange and Vodafone.  I would not move from O2 as things stand.  Always had pretty good service and connection, bar a couple of days in the past couple of years when the whole network went down, but at least they put their hands up and tried to compensate.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 16, 2014, 09:18:24 »

I was on O2 up until about 18 months ago. There were a number of places in Swindon where their signal totally dropped and the 3G data performance was abysmal. Guess they might have improved things now.

On Three now, no problems with the signal around Swindon. 3G data speeds are excellent and I've been getting 4G when in Bristol, Reading and London. Though I don't see the need for 4G myself so can't get too excited.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 16, 2014, 09:19:26 »

No idea about their 4G but I can tell you voda 3G is gash. Frequently have to borrow by girlfriend's EE mobile because mine is showing as GPRS and hers is showing 3G

EE is decent in Swindon. (or at the ground at least). Easy peasy to check scores.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 16, 2014, 12:10:01 »

Shame that Orange/EE are total fuck stains.

I've just upgraded to a 4G plan on Voda so I'll let you know how the speed is.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 16, 2014, 14:36:16 »

If Voda was OK fr you before then don't let me put you off.

And a cynic might say, how are EE going to flog you 4G if the 3G works well.
Well, they've got fuck all chance of selling me 4G because of my experience of how poor their 3G is. Swings and roundabouts and that
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: