Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Rotherham United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 16957 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 19:51:20 »

Would have accepted this at the start of the season but is a bit frustrating looking back at the points dropped. Ultimately we weren't quite good enough on the pitch so no real complaints. Todays match was a non event really so not a lot can be drawn from it in my opinion.
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 19:58:14 »

Not really relevant sorry...

but jus came back to me THAT night at Rovrum when we clinched THAT promotion
at Danny's old club with a 1-1 draw.

and just to link it to today, our goal was scored by Chris Jones, another unfairly maligned
number 9  ;-)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 19:58:57 »

Barker is totally shit....offers nothing and we paid money....and...another year to run.

His 'mazey run' into the box made me laugh...it was like he was in a drinking game where you put your head on a stick and run round and round.....fucking hopeless...now I have cooper to dislike and now I have Barker as well....so I'm happy....pitch and bench covered.

Need a striker...with experience please and someone in midfield who can put a decent tackle in....Umbongo challenges are embarrassing.

Was there a fight in the Arkells??
Barker is a bit of a mystery he doesn't seem to have any single attribute to be a professional footballer. He's got no pace, height, creativity or real skill and doesn't score goals..... I just don't even see a 'raw' player in him he just doesn't seem to have anything about him!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 19:59:24 »

Two old guys Flash, don't know what it was over, but one of them lost his trousers as he was being ejected!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 20:00:15 »

Barker is a bit of a mystery he doesn't seem to have any single attribute to be a professional footballer. He's got no pace, height, creativity or real skill and doesn't score goals..... I just don't even see a 'raw' player in him he just doesn't seem to have anything about him!
I thought the lad Randall did more than Barker!!  Is Storey off, why did he not come on?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 20:04:21 »

I thought the lad Randall did more than Barker!!  Is Storey off, why did he not come on?

As has Smith who we've realeased....  I don't get how he's wrangled himself an 18 month contract!?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 20:45:39 »

Flash and jutty?

Ha ha....sumo suits!!

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 10:40:23 »

Highlight so far from Town was two blokes at the front if the Arkell's stand having a set to & being marched out if the ground by the stewards/coppers
Does anyone know what this was about? It all looked most amusing from the DRS. Although apparently less so from the Arkells, some friends of ours were in there and said one of the bloke's trousers came down as he was being marched out and as his arms were in an armlock he couldn't do anything about it, so they just slid and slid revealing more and more butt!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 11:17:39 »

I read somewhere or other it started over a complaint about bad language and escalated from there.
Flashheart

« Reply #129 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 11:19:47 »

I read somewhere or other it started over a complaint about bad language and escalated from there.

Really? What a fucking pair of fucking cunts!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 11:29:03 »

Not really relevant sorry...

but jus came back to me THAT night at Rovrum when we clinched THAT promotion
at Danny's old club with a 1-1 draw.

and just to link it to today, our goal was scored by Chris Jones, another unfairly maligned
number 9  ;-)

Dear old Joner....good squad man, in the days when squads were quite small.

Some things never change in football and clueless fans is one of them.  I think Michael Smith will turn out to be top player for us, and fans will wonder why he moves on at the earliest opportunity.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 11:31:44 »

Ryan Harley, Andy Williams and Grant Hall enjoyed the fracas in the Arkells immensely.

It was pretty funny, in a stupid way.

Elsewhere, on the train going back to Bristol a Swindon fan in an EDL t-shirt (well, his son was in a Town shirt) attacked a young guy (with an Argyle training top)... I don't think it was football related but he included all the usual stereotypical 'foot soldier' phrases.

'Fackin'
'Mug'
'CANT'
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 11:33:30 by Costanza » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 13:29:15 »

Ryan Harley, Andy Williams and Grant Hall enjoyed the fracas in the Arkells immensely.

It was pretty funny, in a stupid way.

Elsewhere, on the train going back to Bristol a Swindon fan in an EDL t-shirt (well, his son was in a Town shirt) attacked a young guy (with an Argyle training top)... I don't think it was football related but he included all the usual stereotypical 'foot soldier' phrases.

'Fackin'
'Mug'
'CANT'

I saw him at the station queuing up for cash. Lovely t shirt he was wearing!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 14:23:34 »

Out of interest did the players come back out yesterday and all that jazz?
laufav

« Reply #134 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 15:03:36 »

Dear old Joner....good squad man, in the days when squads were quite small.

Some things never change in football and clueless fans is one of them.  I think Michael Smith will turn out to be top player for us, and fans will wonder why he moves on at the earliest opportunity.

Too right.

I mean, some fans were saying we were set for a close shave with relegation 7 or 8 weeks ago, and we've just finished 8th   Clap
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: