Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cowboy Builders (Ch5 programme) in Swindon  (Read 12055 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 00:36:50 »

Don't normally watch these things but it was all over my facebook/twitter feeds. I think a fair few TEF members will know the guy.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/cowboy-builders/episodes/swindon-2
kerry red

« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 04:36:59 »

Was it Jed?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 06:15:14 »

I think a fair few TEF members will know the guy.

The builder? How, is he a Town fan or someone you went to school with?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 07:24:24 »

I don't know what happened, but Rob is one of the nicest guys. Doesn't deserve all the shit like people posting his address and car registration and such all over facebook, threatening him and such. I've no idea what went on with that build.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 07:55:06 »

Nice guys don't fleece Parkinsons sufferers of £140,000.
He got away with it and still has his health. Cyber abuse and a TV programme highlighting what a Cunt he is,  is getting off lightly.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 2, 2014, 08:00:51 by arriba » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 08:14:24 »

It would be good to hear the other side of the story. TV tell the story they want.

If it was accurate then I agree with arriba to an extent. But cyber bullying can be taken too far - when it spoils over into real life.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 08:22:34 »

He was given the opportunity to give his side of the story.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 08:34:12 »

is it someone who posts on here?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 08:42:32 »

I'm just a bit suspicious that anything TV does, it does with an agenda. To tell the story they want.

I'm not defending him. I don't knowingly know him.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 09:21:16 »

Watch the programme and make up your own minds. Hardly dressed up imo. Just stating facts.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 09:40:54 »

The programme was obviously biased but he seemed like a coward and most definitely a thief. He fucked up on a few jobs – the baldy chap was actually pretty fair to him by pointing out that he needed to gain the skills in order to undertake this sort of work as clearly he shouldn't have been doing it. Taking £140k for about £60k of shoddy (incomplete and unfit) work and then doing a runner cannot really be excused.

The way I see it is that even the best of people can make mistakes and people will do all sorts given a set of circumstances (and I can talk from personal experience here). The measure of a person is to hold up their hands and do something about it and try to make amends or apologise.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 09:47:04 »

I happen to know the family concerned and I can confirm that Rob Coy is a thieving, lying little cunt who deserves to be subjected to a lifetime of derision and scorn. A fucking con-man who took advantage of a pair of pensioners, one of whom is suffering from Parkinson's. Complete fucking scum who was given every opportunity to defend himself but just ran away and hid. I hope he goes bankrupt and loses everything.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 09:57:14 »

I'm just a bit suspicious that anything TV does, it does with an agenda. To tell the story they want.

I'm not defending him. I don't knowingly know him.

Having years ago worked on this sort of show (Watchdog among others), I can assure you this isn't true in cases like this. The rules are very very strict, much more so than they are with the press, particularly where peoples reputations and businesses are concerned. I'm not saying that other type of shows, reality etc, don't cut to a certain narrative, but with this sort of caper you have to be even handed.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 2, 2014, 10:20:47 by PetsWinPrizes » Logged
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 10:18:00 »

Oh, and just in case anyone else has the misfortune to encounter this cunt, he incorporated a new company on the 6th of February 2014 called C9 Design & Development Ltd (08880789) and Robert Coy is listed as the sole Director. This all kicked off last summer when the Cowboy Builders got involved and started chasing the little fucker down. Avoid like the plague.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 2, 2014, 10:21:59 »

I know the guy very well. I'm not going to post anything over than the fact I'm very shocked. I've obviously heard  stories from both sides of the fence but that's not for me to divulge.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: