Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeaways. Not Cheese.  (Read 46071 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2015, 09:03:01 »

Never eaten in North Star but it's worth knowing there has been a rule change in the past couple of years and so a zero rating does not necessarily mean the kitchens are filthy - not having your paperwork up to date and out ready to be looked at, or there not being someone available to go through food hygiene questions with the inspector can earn you a big fat zero.

I personally think that's bullshit and a zero should mean a kitchen is fucking disgusting but maybe that's just me.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, October 28, 2015, 09:14:26 »

Never eaten in North Star but it's worth knowing there has been a rule change in the past couple of years and so a zero rating does not necessarily mean the kitchens are filthy - not having your paperwork up to date and out ready to be looked at, or there not being someone available to go through food hygiene questions with the inspector can earn you a big fat zero.

I personally think that's bullshit and a zero should mean a kitchen is fucking disgusting but maybe that's just me.

That theory was poo pooed by a health inspector in a follow up article in the Adver:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/13498697.Hygiene_inspectors_give_14_food_outlets_a_ZERO_rating/

For somewhere to have scored a zero then there usually must have been something physically wrong when the inspectors where there,” she said.

“A lot of places will say it was down to paperwork but to warrant a zero it will likely have included something else.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #107 on: Friday, October 30, 2015, 09:13:31 »

Well that's not really poo pooing it. Thats just saying it's 'likely' included something else.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #108 on: Friday, October 30, 2015, 09:20:30 »

I think it's safe to say you're not going to score zero for just having shit paperwork.

Quote from: FSA Website
Each business is given their hygiene rating when it is inspected by a food safety officer from the business’s local authority. The food safety officer inspecting the business checks how well the business is meeting the law by looking at:

how hygienically the food is handled – how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored
the condition of the structure of the buildings – the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities
how the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe
At the end of the inspection, the business is given one of the six ratings from 0-5. The top rating of ‘5’ means that the business was found to have ‘very good’ hygiene standards. Any business should be able to reach this top rating.

- See more at: http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/hygiene-rating-schemes/ratings-find-out-more-en#sthash.38DBh59b.dpuf
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #109 on: Friday, October 30, 2015, 09:31:39 »

Not just shit paperwork no, they test knowledge of staff as well. If you haven't got any form of paperwork in place and your staff don't know what's going on then you're fucked.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #110 on: Friday, October 30, 2015, 09:47:55 »

I was quite annoyed to discover my favourite curry place was on that list when I read the article a little while back.
EldeneRed

« Reply #111 on: Friday, October 30, 2015, 16:49:32 »

North Star do some reasonably good food, their Thai Green Curry isn't bad - of course it doesn't compare to a Thai restaurant but we're shopping on a budget here, not looking for Haute Cuisine.

I often go there after a home game.
Barry Scott

« Reply #112 on: Friday, October 30, 2015, 16:59:08 »

I was quite annoyed to discover my favourite curry place was on that list when I read the article a little while back.

Same, Rafu's, although I still order from there; I've not been ill yet.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #113 on: Friday, October 30, 2015, 17:02:05 »

North Star do some reasonably good food, their Thai Green Curry isn't bad - of course it doesn't compare to a Thai restaurant but we're shopping on a budget here, not looking for Haute Cuisine.

I often go there after a home game.

That's what I usually have
Skinny Pete

« Reply #114 on: Friday, October 30, 2015, 17:07:40 »

Had a Thai green curry with coconut rice at the Check Inn at Wroughton last night.

Always top notch and they do a takeaway, too.
EldeneRed

« Reply #115 on: Friday, October 30, 2015, 17:10:00 »

That's what I usually have

Thai Green Curry is decent for this kind of weather is why.

Need some sort of lift on a cold match day.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #116 on: Friday, October 30, 2015, 18:07:27 »

Same, Rafu's, although I still order from there; I've not been ill yet.

Khyber being mine. I've still ordered from there since too.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, November 13, 2015, 17:26:48 »

what curry house is good these days?
Talk Talk

« Reply #118 on: Friday, November 13, 2015, 17:28:36 »

what curry house is good these days?

Spice up by Longs would be my preference. Probably going there tomorrow after post match football beers.

However, it's a bit Marmite, some rave, some sneer. Try it anyway and make your own mind up.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, November 13, 2015, 17:29:53 »

Spice up by Longs would be my preference. Probably going there tomorrow after post match football beers.

However, it's a bit Marmite, some rave, some sneer. Try it anyway and make your own mind up.

yea, just looking at just eats reviews, some good some back. Naga Kitchen seems to top the JE charts.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: