Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Notts County v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 28044 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 16:40:12 »

We don't usually get many fans on here from opposition sides. Except Thor of course.
oldtownred

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 16:49:45 »

I work with one of the Towns masseurs, who told me today that when Nathan Thompson got sent off, he had finger marks on his neck.
VisitingPie

« Reply #242 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 21:15:25 »

I think this season's refereeing has been particularly bad.  You should see some of the potentially career ending tackles that have gone unpunished against us.  Bristol City home game put Liddle out for 3 months.  Goodness knows how his ankle wasn't snapped.  I was listening to the commentary on Sat, and as soon as the mass brawl started I was running through the team thinking who we could afford to lose and who we would be completely screwed for Oldham if they were sent off.  I was that sure we'd see at least one sending off.

It seems from your comments that like us, you've had a few bellends.  I've lost count of the number of threads on our messageboard discussing shocking refereeing this season.  Perhaps it's not just us, and it really has got worse.  I'm certainly not convinced it's evened itself out over the course of a season as we usually say.  Well maybe we got away with one on Saturday, difficult to tell!
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 22:04:08 »

It's the Notts County results I always look out for after our own, Was a regular there as a small child and the older generation of my family are all County fans whilst the younger ones are Forest ST holders. Been a Town supporter for around 40 years now and wouldn't have it any other way. If I stayed at my birth place of Nottingham I'd probably think the same way about County as I do Swindon.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 08:31:30 »

I think this season's refereeing has been particularly bad.  You should see some of the potentially career ending tackles that have gone unpunished against us.  Bristol City home game put Liddle out for 3 months.  Goodness knows how his ankle wasn't snapped.  I was listening to the commentary on Sat, and as soon as the mass brawl started I was running through the team thinking who we could afford to lose and who we would be completely screwed for Oldham if they were sent off.  I was that sure we'd see at least one sending off.

It seems from your comments that like us, you've had a few bellends.  I've lost count of the number of threads on our messageboard discussing shocking refereeing this season.  Perhaps it's not just us, and it really has got worse.  I'm certainly not convinced it's evened itself out over the course of a season as we usually say.  Well maybe we got away with one on Saturday, difficult to tell!

This is the worse season for refereeing I can remember, definitely. It's the complete lack of consistency that is the worst I think!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 09:29:06 »

This is the worse season for refereeing I can remember, definitely. It's the complete lack of consistency that is the worst I think!

Consistency is awful this season.
Watched leeds v forest on tv couple of weeks ago
2 forest players collided and went down, no head injuries but ref stops the game and allows physio on
Then allows both players to stay on pitch after treatment ,
Second half leeds striker hits deck hard after going for a header, ref waves play on then after ball is kicked out of play allows treatment.
As physio leaves the field the ref makes the leeds player  leave too for a couple of mins before allowing back on.

Tis no wonder fans and players get so wound up
oldtownred

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 10:43:14 »

I question some of their fitness levels too. We've had some right porkers this season.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 11:37:02 »

Consistency is awful this season.
Watched leeds v forest on tv couple of weeks ago
2 forest players collided and went down, no head injuries but ref stops the game and allows physio on
Then allows both players to stay on pitch after treatment ,
Second half leeds striker hits deck hard after going for a header, ref waves play on then after ball is kicked out of play allows treatment.
As physio leaves the field the ref makes the leeds player  leave too for a couple of mins before allowing back on.

Tis no wonder fans and players get so wound up

If two players get injured in the same incident they don't need to leave the pitch.

Things get better but they never get good
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 19:12:55 »

If two players (from the same team) get injured in the same incident they don't need to leave the pitch.

Happened to us a couple of season ago at the CG, clash of heads between our two Central defenders and both were allowed back on to defend the corner.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 07:40:29 »

The referee must really have been a wanker for the FA not to do us further:

SamMorshead_SA 2m

Swindon Town will face no further action from the FA following the last-minute fracas at Meadow Lane last weekend. #stfc
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, May 3, 2014, 08:01:38 »

The referee must really have been a wanker for the FA not to do us further:

I'd heard the assessor was far from impressed.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 11:44:40 »

Which is why I said I've a problem with Notts....broadly speaking I agree that penalties should be applied to individuals rather than clubs, but once the precedent is set, then failure to apply available sanctions fails the natural justice test....I suspect we'll see all sorts of legal shit if Sunderland manage to stay up by 1 point.

Notts escaped, but because of that shit, I'd rather see them go down, rather than say Crewe.

As suspected...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/03/sunderland-face-legal-fight-points-deduction
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 12:05:42 »

You know what, to have a premier league place robbed from them would kind of be karma for nicking our place when we cheated. But our relegation was hardly Sunderland's fault, I know.

More importantly, a points deduction would at least be consistent with the football league punishment. Which leads to a question, what point is of The FA's role in the professional leagues, do they have any power whatsoever.

That said, I don't like the legal action mentality. Where will it stop. If it goes too far will (for example) referees will be too scared to give controversial decisions at key times in case they get sued   
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 12:13:21 »

Which leads to a question, what point is of The FA's role in the professional leagues?
Wasn't the PL, prior to sponsorship,  called the FA Premier League? That tells you all you need to know.

It's All Good..............
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, May 4, 2014, 16:46:40 »

You know what, to have a premier league place robbed from them would kind of be karma for nicking our place when we cheated. But our relegation was hardly Sunderland's fault, I know.

More importantly, a points deduction would at least be consistent with the football league punishment. Which leads to a question, what point is of The FA's role in the professional leagues, do they have any power whatsoever.

That said, I don't like the legal action mentality. Where will it stop. If it goes too far will (for example) referees will be too scared to give controversial decisions at key times in case they get sued   

Sunderland rather rubbed the salt in though, so I hate the fuckers, let it rain.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: