Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Double Glazing  (Read 2229 times)
fatbasher

« on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 22:46:17 »

Ok, no jokes about a certain individual and his double glazing links please, this is serious. Am I allowed to be serious about this?

I'm considering getting the all the windows, doors, sofits, fascias & drainage replaced. Can anyone recommend a reputable company that will give and honest quote and knowledgable advice?
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 22:51:45 »

Try Grime 2 Shine, but if you want any advice message me i used to work in the industry for 9 years.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 22:56:57 »

Kingfisher
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 22:58:49 »

Jutty, I've got condensation/moisture in between a couple of the double glazed units? Is there anything I can do or do they need resealing/replacing? Cheers in advance
fatbasher

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 23:00:39 »

Kingfisher

Oh yeah, forgot about those boys. Used to do printing for them a good while back.
fatbasher

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 23:02:00 »

Try Grime 2 Shine, but if you want any advice message me i used to work in the industry for 9 years.

Come across as being a little del boyish. Maybe harsh but that's the impression I get.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 23:06:51 »

Jutty, I've got condensation/moisture in between a couple of the double glazed units? Is there anything I can do or do they need resealing/replacing? Cheers in advance
You are better off replacing the sealed units, there are company's that will clean out the unit & re-seal them but they don't offer the same guarantee that replacing the units will. Most double glazing company's won't touch replacing the units but if you go to a double glazing repair company then they will do it. Also get a quote for replacing the whole window as well because some times it works out better to replace the whole window not just the units.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 23:11:32 »

Come across as being a little del boyish. Maybe harsh but that's the impression I get.
They can come across like that sometimes but they are very reputable, they are the largest independent double glazing company in the Country. They have been going for about 15 years. They always print the prices for the windows in the paper. Check their website out http://www.g2sgroup.co.uk/
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 23:24:38 by jutty274 » Logged
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 23:18:22 »

Cheers Jutty, don't suppose you could recommend anywhere in Wilts that would repair/renew the units, I guess if I take the units to them rather than them come out it would keep the costs down. Used the be " County Glass" in Melksham who I think did them but they've closed down. Thanks for the advice.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 23:26:35 »

Cheers Jutty, don't suppose you could recommend anywhere in Wilts that would repair/renew the units, I guess if I take the units to them rather than them come out it would keep the costs down. Used the be " County Glass" in Melksham who I think did them but they've closed down. Thanks for the advice.
Try Vanguard windows ( 01225 709244 ) or Double Glazing Doctor in Swindon but i don't know if they go out of Swindon. I could ask if some of my old friends would do them for you.
fatbasher

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 23:33:13 »

They can come across like that sometimes but they are very reputable, they are the largest independent double glazing company in the Country. They have been going for about 15 years. They always print the prices for the windows in the paper. Check their website out http://www.g2sgroup.co.uk/

Thanks I will do.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 23:43:20 »

I had doors fitted by g2s and had misted units replaced by the double glazing doctor so endorse juttys advice.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 23:52:04 »

Thanks I will do.
if they do come across as del boys again let me know & i will chat to the owners for you.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 05:49:13 »

For replacement glass, try my father in law. Doctor Glass based in Wootton Bassett. 01793 854448.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 07:40:25 »

Let me know how you get on and how much it costs, as we have the same issue.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: