Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24453 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 08:27:49 »

I can't agree. the first half was a sleep fest. second half slightly better with a goal.
 whilst we have had a good run of results of late, for me, nothing as changed. Someone said earlier that midfield dominance is futile if there is no end product. my last game as a season ticket holder a week Saturday.
Sad day.

It really isn't sad at all. I haven't held an ST since we got relegated and me + 2 mates have bought for next year.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 08:33:15 »

I can't agree. the first half was a sleep fest. second half slightly better with a goal.
 whilst we have had a good run of results of late, for me, nothing as changed. Someone said earlier that midfield dominance is futile if there is no end product. my last game as a season ticket holder a week Saturday.
Sad day.

Are you also a closet West Ham fan who prefers to watch a pretty style of football over a proven succesfull style?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 08:34:27 »

Sad day.

If there are less douche bags at the CG next season surely it's a happy day?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
justboiledover

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 08:48:33 »

[quo author=THE te author=THE FLASH link=topic=54218.msg1266617#msg1266617 date=1398150806]
I don't like Cooper that much...just thought I would let you know! Wink
[/quote]
justboiledover

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 08:50:09 »

Quote from: THE FLASH link=topic=54218.msg1266617#msg1266617  date=1398150806

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 08:51:53 »

Eh?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 10:00:47 »

I saw our performance as dominant, not a snooze-fest.

Okay, we weren't as decisive in the final third as we could have been, but that's what happens when you're playing a team with 11 men behind the ball and whose centre backs and forwards seem to be chosen for size over any other qualities.

If we play like that next year, with a proper pre-season for our signings/loan players, then we'll be going up.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 10:36:20 »

Oh and sorry to pick another flaw in your post 'inept and crass' but... nothings changed?? What about the clean sheets, the general huge improvement in defensive play? That's quite a significant shift from knowing we'd concede to actually looking like a team who won't let too many goals in.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 10:40:41 »

It wasn't a great fist-half, at least until the last five minutes.  The second was certainly better, but I was sorry that once again, aftr the goal was scored, there was a feeling of 'foot off the pedal' and contain.  That Bradford had littel to offer to take advantage of that was just fortunate.  Having said that, I thought there were a number of impressive performances...Branco especially, alongside Troy and Stephens; and Pritchard was almost everywhere (even in other's space occasionally!!)  Smith and Storey occasionally gave indications they could work together, but it did seem that there were issues (maybe just of experience?), in that they just were not expecting through balls  Storey on the ball looks good, but maybe just not quite anticipating openings?

But overall, it was more positive than negative, and Bradford set out to stop creativity.....do wonder about our creativity without Pritchard....
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 11:16:23 »

I too thought Jay Mac had a good game, however it's odd that some people are happy to overlook the fact that he talked himself into another booking yet are very quick to criticise Pritchard when he does the same.
kerry red

« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 11:51:50 »

He should have picked up a 2nd booking and a sending off for a dreadful foul. The only thing that saved him was the ref realising he had missed a bad foul on Nathan Thompson a few second before.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 11:58:17 »

I saw people saying JMac was everywhere. One of the articles suggested he was switching between left back and defensive midfield suggesting a more fluid way of playing!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 12:10:26 »

I have got to say how ordinary Jon Stead was yesterday for Bradford. And to think Shitty were paying him 10k a week...

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 14:43:10 »

I saw people saying JMac was everywhere. One of the articles suggested he was switching between left back and defensive midfield suggesting a more fluid way of playing!

He was playing on the wing and upfront in the middle too, he and Nath both constantly found their way into the box. Playing with the three centrebacks helps make this possible as both Branco and Stephens could edge outwards and cover the full-back positions if the ball broke. Branco proved extremely adept at this, there was one moment in the second half Bradford were pretty much clear for an attack, except their winger ran into Branco and he just stood up and stopped them dead whilst barely moving, was hilarious.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 14:55:49 by Honkytonk » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 14:53:13 »

I have got to say how ordinary Jon Stead was yesterday for Bradford. And to think Shitty were paying him 10k a week...

His 2nd appearance at the county ground this season as well. looked full of running for oldham but not a lot else
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: