Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bradford City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 24540 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 19:24:24 »

Whilst we kept the ball well runs were being made throughout where an early ball could have created a chance. We were just very slow, never looked like conceding and had a much better second half and deserved the win. I know nguesson is out of favour but christ watching how pissed off cooper was getting with smith wants he got to do to get back in the side? You can't keep critisizing the striker for poor hold up play when you have you a decent replacement on the bench.

Massive shame about Peterborough, praying for a Shrewsbury miracle but it will be just that. They are basically gone and I think we may struggle against a decent notts county side next week who win a lot at home. £15 on pboro today returned £50. Will do the same next week to tempt fate.

One last point, I see Sam morshead praising Stephens for a mom performance. Is it just me that thought he was very wasteful today and had lots of passes intercepted?
« Last Edit: Monday, April 21, 2014, 19:26:50 by singingiiiffy » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 19:28:02 »

Mass has played 51 games this season, I think he can be excused for suffering a drop in form!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #122 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 19:32:31 »

One last point, I see Sam morshead praising Stephens for a mom performance. Is it just me that thought he was very wasteful today and had lots of passes intercepted?
Thought he was very good and brought the ball out well. He did lose possession a couple of times but if you measured how far he went with the ball I'd guess no central defender would get near his stats today.   
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 19:44:07 »

Mass has played 51 games this season, I think he can be excused for suffering a drop in form!

Agreed. He looked like he had been given a job to do today, but one probably better suited to someone like Kasim, Gladwin, or Cox.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #124 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 19:45:15 »

Thought he was very good and brought the ball out well. He did lose possession a couple of times but if you measured how far he went with the ball I'd guess no central defender would get near his stats today.   

He had a dodgy first half today by his usual high standards, making a few stray passes (straight to opponents). He was a lot better in the second half.
Colin Todd

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #125 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 19:53:57 »

Far too slow in the 1st half, possession is good but without any penetration its pointless. Luongo was a culprit for slowing the game down to walking pace at times.

We look such a better side when we play with a bit of tempo.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 19:58:17 »

Thought we played the game well today, yes the overall game seemed to be quite slow but we did what we needed and broke them down when it mattered. They didn't offer a lot and I felt we were good value for the 3 points. So 4 points the gap with 6 left to play for...can we?! Thought the back 5 were quality again today - good to hear Power talking to Troy's representatives re: staying on, hopefully Stephens/Jay Mac will come back as well - so potentially some solid groundwork going into next season, wherever we end up. Cox took the goal well and pleased for Raffa and the ovation he got when subbed.

#VivaKenBarlow!
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 20:20:43 »

Whilst we kept the ball well runs were being made throughout where an early ball could have created a chance. We were just very slow, never looked like conceding and had a much better second half and deserved the win. I know nguesson is out of favour but christ watching how pissed off cooper was getting with smith wants he got to do to get back in the side? You can't keep critisizing the striker for poor hold up play when you have you a decent replacement on the bench.

Massive shame about Peterborough, praying for a Shrewsbury miracle but it will be just that. They are basically gone and I think we may struggle against a decent notts county side next week who win a lot at home. £15 on pboro today returned £50. Will do the same next week to tempt fate.

Jesus Christ, what bookies do you go to??

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 20:23:31 »

Bit surprised that more was not made of the fact that this was Pritchard's last home game as I would have thought that we are not likely to see him in a Swindon shirt next season and imho deserved some sort of reaction from the crowd.

Thank you

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 20:24:55 »

Bit surprised that more was not made of the fact that this was Pritchard's last home game as I would have thought that we are not likely to see him in a Swindon shirt next season and imho deserved some sort of reaction from the crowd.

Thank you

Even though he cannot play, I'm pretty sure he'll be in the crowd.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 20:26:40 »

Jesus Christ, what bookies do you go to??
Went to ladbrokes by moonrakers couldn't tell you the odds but was on their Easter Monday quick slip. £15 stake £51 returns.

Edit. Just used a bet calculator and for the above worked out at odds of 12/5
« Last Edit: Monday, April 21, 2014, 20:30:33 by singingiiiffy » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 20:27:59 »

Even though he cannot play, I'm pretty sure he'll be in the crowd.

And will still be paraded to the crowd with the lap of honour. As long as people keep off the pitch, I miss the end of season run past stewards.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 20:32:22 »

I have decided to go to the Rotherham game. As a DRS veteran, shall I go in the Town End for a bit of late 80's nostalgia? 
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 20:36:06 »

Went to ladbrokes by moonrakers couldn't tell you the odds but was on their Easter Monday quick slip. £15 stake £51 returns.

Edit. Just used a bet calculator and for the above worked out at odds of 12/5
Was that just a single bet on Posh? Because that's 2.5/1 for a team in 6th to beat a team in the relegation zone at home!!! An absolutely phenomenal bet if you backed them at that price!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, April 21, 2014, 20:42:14 »

Bit surprised that more was not made of the fact that this was Pritchard's last home game
Apologies if I'm a bit slow catching up, but why is this his last game, and not the Rotherham game?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: