Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Confusion at the County Ground as Seebeck 87 aim to put three new directors on Town board  (Read 12408 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:22:37 »

Swansea, and others, have shown that good stewardship can come when those holding the controls have an emotional attachment to the club concerned, and have more of an interest than simply making a financial gain.  That's all I'm saying.

This. In a nutshell. 1000 times this.

Agreed, however I really don't imagine SBC building the town a spanky new stadium (or even help redevelop the CG).

I would imagine we would find ourselves more like Pompey than Swansea
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #61 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:27:33 »

A nightclub owning recruitment consultant. It's got cunt written all over it.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Flashheart

« Reply #62 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:35:39 »

I think maybe I'm desensitised to it all as I simply just cannot find a fuck to give.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:36:13 »

I think maybe I'm desensitised to it all as I simply just cannot find a fuck to give.

This
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:41:01 »

It's the appointment to the Board of a 29 year old 'Chief Executive' (yeah, right) of a temping agency in Luton that excites me the most.

38 open directorships, no less.

I guarantee he calls himself an entrepreneur.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:46:55 »

I doubt you are the only one....anyone who knows me, has met me, or has spent time traveling up and down the country watching Swindon with me, will know - I used to love this fucking club.

In truth it probably ate up too much of my life.

Now I really dont care. I think the club is a fucking joke and sometimes wonder whether we'd be better off cutting our loses, winding up and starting again.

Not just us though - football as a whole is terrible. Balance sheets, merchandise, entertainment value and Television are king.

Gone are the days when its about the football, the competitive sport comes second now.

Joke of a club.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:50:00 »

Brilliant!   Cheesy

(Fuck me, I just brillianted one of Ironside's posts.)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:58:02 »

Won't somebody please think of the shorts sponsors?
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 12:07:13 »

Brilliant!   Cheesy

(Fuck me, I just brillianted one of Ironside's posts.)

Cheers!

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 12:08:31 »

Cheesy

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 12:09:23 »

Won't somebody please think of the shorts sponsors?

That was the first wacky idea, no doubt more to come

« Reply #71 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 12:47:04 »

I doubt you are the only one....anyone who knows me, has met me, or has spent time traveling up and down the country watching Swindon with me, will know - I used to love this fucking club.

In truth it probably ate up too much of my life.

Now I really dont care. I think the club is a fucking joke and sometimes wonder whether we'd be better off cutting our loses, winding up and starting again.

Not just us though - football as a whole is terrible. Balance sheets, merchandise, entertainment value and Television are king.

Gone are the days when its about the football, the competitive sport comes second now.

Joke of a club.
I said the exact same thing this morning. Power and Jed are as bad as eachother for fucksake.

People clambering over Power are only doing so because they think he is the lesser of two evils,let's see the accounts next time around and see just how much money he has put into the club.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 12:52:00 »

People clambering over Power are only doing so because they think he is the lesser of two evils,let's see the accounts next time around and see just how much money he has put into the club.
I'm still pretty sceptical about Power (although the antics of JedCo are doing a lot to make him look solid, professional and upright by comparison) but you don't judge someone's stewardship of a club by how much money they've put in. It's about how well they've run the club as a whole - I'd rather have an owner who's not put any money in, but who's run the club so well that it's generated it's own operating costs through revenue than some bumbling but wealthy idiot who's wasted millions patching up his own incompetence.
DRS

« Reply #73 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 13:06:02 »

I'm still pretty sceptical about Power (although the antics of JedCo are doing a lot to make him look solid, professional and upright by comparison) but you don't judge someone's stewardship of a club by how much money they've put in. It's about how well they've run the club as a whole - I'd rather have an owner who's not put any money in, but who's run the club so well that it's generated it's own operating costs through revenue than some bumbling but wealthy idiot who's wasted millions patching up his own incompetence.
Yep agree with that but our fans are judging them both by who has put what in
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 13:08:40 »

Yep agree with that but our fans are judging them both by who has put what in
Really? Maybe you're right, but people I've spoken to are more judging Jed on the basis of being a shifty chancer (and what they think he's taken out) and Power on the basis of not being Jed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: