Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Confusion at the County Ground as Seebeck 87 aim to put three new directors on Town board  (Read 12462 times)
kerry red

« Reply #45 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:29:35 »

Amen to that, Ardiles.

Oh for a wealthy Swindon fan!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:30:38 »

FFS.  Just when things appear to be settling down.......

I was enjoying this wind down to the end of the season....no relegation battle or PO shit, some decent looking young lads, looking like next season could be interesting, and a fairly positive mood around the place.

So in a couple of weeks, we could knock it on the head, focus on the cricket season, and have the WC to get into. Now this shit  Angry

FWIW....Power as the football man, with Jed as a sort of cheer leader, is not a bad combination, but it appears that's impossible.  So I'm in the Power camp....
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:31:27 »

Amen to that, Ardiles.

Didn't we have one of those who left a couple of mil in his will? That still hasn't surfaced about two years later.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:33:46 »

Amen to that, Ardiles.

SSW was a fairly wealthy Swindon fan
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:33:47 »

If that's a piss take of my earlier fan ownership comment, it's badly timed.  What we're witnessing at the moment is a power struggle between a group of individuals who have no connection to our club other than they want to make a fast ££ from it.  Swansea, and others, have shown that good stewardship can come when those holding the controls have an emotional attachment to the club concerned, and have more of an interest than simply making a financial gain.  That's all I'm saying.

I'm not suggesting for one second that control should be given to people not qualified to have it, whether they are Swindon people or not.  We need stability - and the succession of chancers, with no previous connection to or interest in our club, who continue to line up at at its door are not going to deliver this.

Not taking the piss at all. Was just stating my grandfather in law was a millionaire.

Doubt he'd be interested in a loss making business with fuck all prospects

« Reply #50 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:37:03 »

SSW was a fairly wealthy Swindon fan

Perhaps I should have said a modern-day wealthy Swindon fan/fans
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:38:12 »

Didn't we have one of those who left a couple of mil in his will? That still hasn't surfaced about two years later.
I reckon it's an urban myth - a bit like Dean Ashton being from Swindon, THFC making all our team selections and the various Steve Lomas 'sightings' over the years.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:39:29 »

Not taking the piss at all. Was just stating my grandfather in law was a millionaire.

Doubt he'd be interested in a loss making business with fuck all prospects

...so I'll apologise.   Embarrassed
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:40:00 »

Perhaps I should have said a modern-day wealthy Swindon fan/fans

For me it's about making the right decisions....Town fan or not.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:50:37 »

I believe it has, but there were strict stipulations about what it could be spent on (permanent betterment of the club as opposed to intangible short-term improvement or somethign along those lines). Perhaps its still sat in the bank as nothing that meets the stipulations has come up yet.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:57:28 »

Being a Swindon fan, and hoping to taste a measure of stability, is like being this cat, trying to reach a stream of tantalising water.

We are as much soap opera as football club these days. I count myself amongst the number almost numb to worrying about it now. If I look back on the last couple of years of off-field farce and melodrama, better to just enjoy the twist and turns of the story, than worry too much about its direction.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:15:21 »

Hopefully one of the three will have the pot that Jed didn't Wink
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:16:57 »

Swansea, and others, have shown that good stewardship can come when those holding the controls have an emotional attachment to the club concerned, and have more of an interest than simply making a financial gain.  That's all I'm saying.
This. In a nutshell. 1000 times this.
kerry red

« Reply #58 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:18:20 »

Hopefully one of the three will have the pot that Jed didn't Wink

Maybe Jed has a had a good month flogging windows
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 11:22:19 »

The fact that since he left us Jed has been turned down by Kidderminster Harriers surely tells something, he wouldn't have tried that if he still thought he had clout here.
I reckon he's just desperate now, every club he approaches just tells him to fuck off so he's having a second bite here! I don't him anywhere near the club again!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: