Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Confusion at the County Ground as Seebeck 87 aim to put three new directors on Town board  (Read 12465 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 09:20:54 »

Swindon Town can certainly attract them.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 09:24:19 »

I almost expected that statement to end

"NOW FUCK OFF!"
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #32 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 09:27:07 »

soapy tit wank

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 09:54:01 »

So, Jed tried to appoint 3 new directors, Power tried to get a temporary injunction against that on Wed, but failed and in the interim the High Court allowed the 3 directors to be appointed, but with no power to pass resolutions (but with "observer" status, presumably meaning they can demand to look at books etc). And the whole mess isn't going to be sorted out properly or even looked at again until the end of the month at the earliest. Sounds like Jed and Co at least have a case, or the High Court would have told them to take a running jump, not allowed the 3 in for a look around?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 09:54:12 »

Oh Jed will you kindly fuck off now please I am getting bored of this. In the world of double glazing/stealing shit off the back of vans to sell at market/whatever the fuck it is you do this may well be acceptable but constantly trying to fuck around with our football club, just when we've started to build a period of sustainability is not.

This makes me wonder if it was Jed's chums who put around the 'Lee Power is a shady person' rumour when he first took over. But then that would mean he had mastered the concept of 'the future' and I don't think he's capable of doing that.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 09:57:38 »

Didn't Jed retain some of the shareholding? It may be that he's built a case that his minority interest isn't being looked after.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 09:59:26 »

Didn't Jed retain some of the shareholding? It may be that he's built a case that his minority interest isn't being looked after.
Can we put some documentaries about Luton and double glazing on BBC4?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:04:26 »

To be honest I'm not sure what the best resolution is  long term. Only that short term its damaging.

Power seems to offer a more professional approach to things, seems to have a plan of sustainability and a different way of making us competitive through loans. On the downside the last bit worked fantastically well this year, but that may not be the case if some of our high earners are jettisoned. I'm not sure why but I still don't fully trust Power - even though he's not done much to earn that.

Jed comes across as a Del Boy, lost of bluster, talks the talk (mostly crap), but didn't have the clout financially to back it up. Yet he did a few good things, mainly on the ticketing side, oh and being the only one willing to take a flier when Black quit. But I think he wanted to do the right thing by the club, not sure why I think that either.

If Jeds lot get back in then so be it. I just hope they have a proper plan in place for the good of the cub, and that this isn't just a personal grudge.

All we fans can do is roll our eyes and wait and see.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:17:14 »

It's the appointment to the Board of a 29 year old 'Chief Executive' (yeah, right) of a temping agency in Luton that excites me the most.

Talk Talk

« Reply #39 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:19:24 »

Swindon Town can certainly attract them.

Indeed. We do seem to be a "hustler magnet"  Sad
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #40 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:20:10 »

Its OK, me and my wife's grandfather are launching a takeover bid. He is actually a millionaire, my brother will back me up on that

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:20:56 »

1% I seem to remember, but wasn't there something about being able to buy back more if he had the funds?
kerry red

« Reply #42 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:23:36 »

Surprised nobody has mentioned Steve Murrall in all this.

He seems to be an upfront kind of guy (from the limited knowledge I have)
lambourn red

« Reply #43 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:27:58 »

Surprised nobody has mentioned Steve Murrall in all this.

He seems to be an upfront kind of guy (from the limited knowledge I have)

Online at the moment as well  so come on Steve what is going on ?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:28:18 »

Its OK, me and my wife's grandfather are launching a takeover bid. He is actually a millionaire, my brother will back me up on that

If that's a piss take of my earlier fan ownership comment, it's badly timed.  What we're witnessing at the moment is a power struggle between a group of individuals who have no connection to our club other than they want to make a fast ££ from it.  Swansea, and others, have shown that good stewardship can come when those holding the controls have an emotional attachment to the club concerned, and have more of an interest than simply making a financial gain.  That's all I'm saying.

I'm not suggesting for one second that control should be given to people not qualified to have it, whether they are Swindon people or not.  We need stability - and the succession of chancers, with no previous connection to or interest in our club, who continue to line up at at its door are not going to deliver this.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: