Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Brentford Official Matchday Thread  (Read 27397 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« on: Friday, April 11, 2014, 23:00:19 »

The Opponent: Brentford

It was a warm London summer’s day, and Brentford’s Braemer Road was bathed in the glow from the rays. Suddenly, Kevin Chippendale noticed something odd in the sky. It was no bird, much too large, and no plane, for it was a creature. Whatever the pedestrian was observing, it somehow resembled a dragon, or more so a griffin, but surely not, and then, rather coincidentally, it soared towards the Green Dragon apartments. Fast forward to February of the next year, a bitterly cold day, and again, Mr Chippendale is strolling through the area, and unexpectedly it’s there again, this time he could make out clearer details, characteristics, such as a long muzzle, dog-like in form but large wings which convinced Kevin that what he was seeing must surely have stemmed from his mind as a hallucination. However, a friend of Kevin’s, named Angela Keyhoe, also spotted the beast, a massive bird-like critter perched near the Watermans Art Centre, and then psychologist John Olssen, whilst jogging near the Thames, had his own sighting.
Suddenly the media flocked upon the scene and programmes such as The Six ‘o Clock Show were quick to cover the story of what would become known as the Brentford Griffin. Many sceptics shouted ‘hoax’ but the snowball effect had gone into motion, locals were seeing things in the sky that either were or weren’t there, phone-in options were given to any witness who’d sighted the monster, and eventually Andrew Collins published The Brentford Griffin: The Truth Behind the Tales. Paranormal researchers were quick to link the sightings to the fact that the local football team, Brentford, had a coat of arms complete with proud griffin, and they also played at Griffin Park, whilst the local public house, The Griffin, was also caught up in the circus. It was as if the town’s symbolic creature had come to life, and the beast, which had been buried deep within the human psyche, was now taking flight.

Of course, when the sightings died down, so did the fuss, convincing many that there was no flying wonder, merely a sum of misinterpretation, hysteria and hoax. However, a Martin Collins mentioned that he’d heard of the beast as far back as the 1950s whilst at school in St John’s which back then was overlooked by Brentford’s football stadium. Legend was rife that a griffin-like creature was brought to the town by King Charles II as a gift for his mistress. However the poor beast fell into the River Brent and washed away, presumed dead. The creature ended up living healthily at the Brentford Eyot. The story doesn’t end here though. Sir Joseph Banks was reported to have brought a griffin back from a Pacific Island when in the company of Captain Cook. The beast was housed at Kew Gardens which was situated across the water from the Eyot, and the two monsters allegedly bred.

Where the opposition gather –

http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=11913

Last 6 – WLDDWW – 2nd on 87 points.

They have served us both – David Ball, Charles Allwright, Baden Herod, John Buttigieg, Alan Connell, Tom Dawson, Jonathann Douglas, Alex Rhodes, Ted Nash. Jimmy Gabriel, Alan Reeves, Freddie Fox, Junior Lewis, Chris Kamara, Jo Kuffor, Les Roberts, Lionel Piggin, Mark McCammon, Harry Morris, Alan McCormack, Fola Onibuje, Jack Price, John Bostock, Deon Burton, Denny Mundee, Dave Partridge, Leigh Mills, Alex McCulloch, Archie Ling, Jack Price, Harry Morris, Mike Grella, Paul Evans, Kevin Deardon, Mike Bull, John Moncur, Nathan Byrne, John Cornwall, Cecil Blakemore, William Kirby, Dean Hooper, Toumani Diagouraga, Glen Cockerill, Simon Cox, Owain Tudur-Jones, Percy Whipp, Bert Young, Andy Rollings, Les Wilkins, Paul Smith, George Rushton, Teddy Ware, Norman Thomson, Ricky Shakes.

The Odds – Swindon 11/4   Draw 12/5   Brentford Evens

The Son Says – For the first time in as long as I can remember he has gone for a 2-2 draw. Don’t think he had a very good day.

The Prediction – Brentford’s away form is a little patchy although their league position can’t be argued with. 3-1 Town with goals from Pritchard (2) and Kasim in front of 8’110, 1112 from London.

And Finally – “I’m not sure what kind of reception I’ll get. If it’s bad I’ll laugh and get on with it because it will never affect me. I would expect boos because if I was a fan I would do the same! You try to get into their heads and make them angry. Swindon’s a superb club. I had a two fantastic years there and would never say a bad word about them. But I play for Brentford now and get paid to do a job for them. There will be no sentimental values come three o’clock on Saturday.” Welcome Back Alan, and its 3.07 by the way.

COYR COYR COYR
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 11, 2014, 23:28:15 »

We'll say a bad word or two about you Alan. Pussying out on that spot kick because you daren't risk pissing off your future employers.

Cunt.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 00:59:31 »

Legend for the Northampton away if nothing else, bollocks to detratctors .
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 01:05:59 »

Legend for the Northampton away if nothing else, bollocks to detratctors .

Honkytonk lives in the sticks...so he's used to de tractors.

Alan Mac was a decent pro for a couple of seasons...nothing more nothing less.
flash

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 03:43:02 »

They served us both

No mention of the late great Pat Terry?

* PicTERRYPAT.jpg (3.22 KB, 100x100 - viewed 760 times.)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 06:28:10 »

We'll say a bad word or two about you Alan. Pussying out on that spot kick because you daren't risk pissing off your future employers.

Cunt.

Glad you said it, you saved me typing the exact same thing
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 07:28:08 »

Looking forward to it today, my last game of the season (unless we make the play offs).

Bringing my mate who works at Yeovil FC today for his first taste of the CG, I will try and make him a Swindon fan!

Should be a good following of Bees today, they have sold about 1,000 with a fair few walk ups so they should have about 1,500 there making hopefully a good atmosphere in a 9,000 crowd.

I think we will probably lose but it will be good abusing Alan Mac for the penalty miss, which is obvious now looking back in hindsight and hopefully Douglas will get sent off.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 07:29:53 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 07:42:01 »

Cunt.

Yes
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 07:42:24 »

Loved McCormack when he was here, gave everything in every game and I don't blame him for leaving in all honesty.

A tight game, I don't think i've ever predicted a 0-0 draw before, but reckon this will finish 0-0.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 07:44:24 »

Loved McCormack when he was here, gave everything in every game and I don't blame him for leaving in all honesty.
I don't blame him for leaving for probably more money and better prospects, I just blame him for the penalty miss against his future employers.....as I am certain he had already made his mind up to sign for them.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 07:49:35 »

I don't think I would motivate the ex-Swindon players at Brentford by acknowledging their existence.

Won't make a lot of difference as I fear a dicking may be on the cards.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 08:00:05 »

I don't blame him for leaving for probably more money and better prospects, I just blame him for the penalty miss against his future employers.....as I am certain he had already made his mind up to sign for them.

Truth is we fucked him about anyway on a new deal. Jeds version of events and AMs were somewhat different. Looking at the table he made the right choice.

But if he really had agreed a deal before the PO semi, and that influenced his decision in taking a penalty then that would make him a cunt of the very highest order, and in my eyes a form of cheat.

I guess I am a bit less cynical though. I don't think he'd do that - nor Paynter at Wembley for that matter.

In any case, putting one over ex players - Douglas and AM - well of course I do as a fan.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 08:02:11 »

He didn't miss the penalty,he wouldn't take one and that's what pisses a lot of fans off. Back to today's match and with the pressure of play-offs gone,I think we'll win 2-1,Pritchard and Storey
Peter Venkman

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 08:03:44 »

He didn't miss the penalty,he wouldn't take one and that's what pisses a lot of fans off. Back to today's match and with the pressure of play-offs gone,I think we'll win 2-1,Pritchard and Storey
Ah my memory is short I could have sworn he missed Smiley I just want to get one over them as Batch says more eloquently than I do Smiley

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 12, 2014, 08:45:06 »

We will lose 2-0

On a brighter note that odious prick Harlee Dean had his car nicked this week Cheesy

I propose a song of: 'weve got your car, weve got your car, Harlee youre a cunt and weve got your car'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: