Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 ... 148   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jed mccory  (Read 507039 times)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1950 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 20:15:45 »

So bored of all this shit. I just want to go and watch some decent football now and then.

This
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #1951 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 20:25:30 »

Was it? Genuine question. In general terms does being granted an appeal show there is significant doubt on the original  judgement/new evidence. Or is just a right through normal judicial process.

Both. Although the former to lesser extent. Everyone's got the right to seek permission to appeal, but as has been mentioned, to get it you need to be able to persuade a judge that "the appeal would have a real prospect of success", or "there is some other compelling reason why the appeal should be heard". It's usually not that difficult to get permission as long as the appeal is not clearly hopeless; if you can show that there are some prospects of being able to show the judge was wrong - particularly on a legal point - then in the interests of justice permission is usually allowed.

Also, an appeal hearing is simply a review of the decision of the previous court. No new evidence of fact is allowed to be relied upon (apart from in certain exceptional circumstances, if critical new evidence has come to light which could not possibly have been obtained previously, etc). So Jedders won't be getting up to give evidence again.

So why has this broken now? Appeal granted a while back, no date set? Why in the run up to two important games?
The information has been available for a while, I guess its only now that someone's stumbled upon it. All Civil Appeals lodged are logged and accessible here - http://casetracker.justice.gov.uk/listing_calendar/search.jsp. I did check not long after the first judgment but I searched for 'seebeck' without realising that seebeck aren't actually named in the case title.
kerry red

« Reply #1952 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 09:42:21 »

So bored of all this shit. I just want to go and watch some decent football now and then.

TBF these shenanigans don't affect the watchability of the football which is the best for many a long year.

If there's one thing I've learnt supporting Swindon for 40 odd years is that all the boardroom bollocks is just that - bollocks which we, as fans, have no control over.

Just chill and enjoy turning over City next week - it's ordained don't you know!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1953 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 10:04:27 »

TBF these shenanigans don't affect the watchability of the football which is the best for many a long year.

If there's one thing I've learnt supporting Swindon for 40 odd years is that all the boardroom bollocks is just that - bollocks which we, as fans, have no control over.

Just chill and enjoy turning over City next week - it's ordained don't you know!

Weirdly, as a glass almost completely empty kind of person, I have a feeling we'll beat City next week, apropos of nothing.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1954 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 13:11:54 »

Hereford fans are convinced that Power is involved in the struggle for edgar street but I just cannot see LP getting involved with any of them see http://saveedgarstreet.com/ I think there is a lot of 2 + 2 = 5 going on but they are adamant that Power was signed in at a recent meeting between the Council and prospective new owners of HUFC all very murky stuff.

He's been looking at new training grounds, if for e.g it is in Cirencester is this not under Glous council so could be as innocent as that, there is no way he would be involved with Jed & cronys
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1955 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 13:27:16 »

Hereford is in Herefordshire
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1956 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 13:32:59 »

Hereford is in Herefordshire

Yeah not Hertford.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/comedy/seann-walsh-forced-to-cancel-gig-after-mistaking-hertford-for-hereford-9760452.html
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1957 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 18:26:07 »

Dear Jed,

Please Fuck Off
Flashheart

« Reply #1958 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 18:29:50 »

If it's any consolation, and this is just a hunch.....

If Jed did win the appeal, I don't think it would mean that he would be back at the helm.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1959 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 18:32:38 »

If it's any consolation, and this is just a hunch.....

If Jed did win the appeal, I don't think it would mean that he would be back at the helm.

Probably not but the leech will bleed money out of the club that we can't afford
Flashheart

« Reply #1960 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 18:35:05 »

Probably not but the leech will bleed money out of the club that we can't afford

I was more getting at a consortium using him to try to take control of the club for themselves, and he's using them in turn.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1961 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 18:35:31 »

He's been looking at new training grounds, if for e.g it is in Cirencester is this not under Glous council so could be as innocent as that, there is no way he would be involved with Jed & cronys
Gloucestershire is not exactly Herefordshire though!!  I honestly thought we had seen the last of him and it is very disappointing that he has re-surfaced.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1962 on: Thursday, November 6, 2014, 20:20:37 »

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1963 on: Friday, November 7, 2014, 10:17:22 »

Hereford fans are convinced that Power is involved in the struggle for edgar street but I just cannot see LP getting involved with any of them see http://saveedgarstreet.com/ I think there is a lot of 2 + 2 = 5 going on but they are adamant that Power was signed in at a recent meeting between the Council and prospective new owners of HUFC all very murky stuff.
Although from what I can see of the scanned image, there seem to be 3 signatures, none of them Power's? Unless I've missed something?

Power's track record here has been excellent, as far as we know, but there's still part of my mind that keeps having nagging little alarm bells going off when I think of his past track record, the Feltham friendly, previous associations with the likes of Colin Hill etc etc. I'm hoping it's just redundant suspicion, as I say, so far, as far as we know, he's done a good job here.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1964 on: Friday, November 7, 2014, 10:45:15 »

I have a feeling the Feltham friendly may have been a contractual obligation from when Jed was in charge. I went to that game and not 1 first team player was involved.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 ... 148   Go Up
Print
Jump to: