Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 ... 148   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jed mccory  (Read 507101 times)
fatbasher

« Reply #1680 on: Sunday, June 29, 2014, 09:18:06 »

If that was the case who do you think will pay Power back the money he has put in so far & who will be paying the bills going forward?

I may be wrong but I don't see a big queue of people lining up to invest in STFC.

You're right in as much as there are not queues of people snaking round the SN1 car park like the days of old wembley ticket purchases.

That said the folk with the kind of wonga to buy a football club tend to be oportunistic business people who's hobbies/modus oporandi is to make money and they therefore fall into the poker playing mindset, hold your cards until the last possible minute or bluff your way to victory.

Swindon Town is a cash generating club (be it on a smaller scale than the premiership/championship clubs naturally) with potential to get into the championship. We seem to attract the short term buy cheap roll for a few years sell on for a small profit type of owner who has creamed a little earner off the top before driving away down county road. You could argue that the Fitton, Arbib & Black era was different but there are facets of that administration that smell mildly of what i've just alluded to.

Until we get a genuinely, seriously wealthy and connected Swindon Town fan we'll continue to attract the ilk of Jedco & to a lesser degree Power. I doubt they'd have been within a 100 miles of the town if they had to pay seriously good money for a moderately sucessful club, no they are vultures picking at a juicy carcass someone else has discarded by fair means or foul and will enjoy feasting on the victim (club) until kicked of it by another predator or someone waving enough money to get them to cut and run. 

Still I have a horrible feeling that who ever wins the court case will have an uphill struggle this coming season to get a decent uptake in ST and turn stile footfall for season '15 - '16 Jed because he's skint, loathsome and we'll have a shyte season & Power, more likeable but equally possible to have a shyte season. Many will be royally fed up and vote with their wallets.

I'm trying to remain optimistic but i can think as do many that circa £1k per season could go a long way to doing other things. We'll see.
kerry red

« Reply #1681 on: Sunday, June 29, 2014, 11:46:15 »

You're right in as much as there are not queues of people snaking round the SN1 car park like the days of old wembley ticket purchases.

That said the folk with the kind of wonga to buy a football club tend to be oportunistic business people who's hobbies/modus oporandi is to make money and they therefore fall into the poker playing mindset, hold your cards until the last possible minute or bluff your way to victory.

Swindon Town is a cash generating club (be it on a smaller scale than the premiership/championship clubs naturally) with potential to get into the championship. We seem to attract the short term buy cheap roll for a few years sell on for a small profit type of owner who has creamed a little earner off the top before driving away down county road. You could argue that the Fitton, Arbib & Black era was different but there are facets of that administration that smell mildly of what i've just alluded to.

Until we get a genuinely, seriously wealthy and connected Swindon Town fan we'll continue to attract the ilk of Jedco & to a lesser degree Power. I doubt they'd have been within a 100 miles of the town if they had to pay seriously good money for a moderately sucessful club, no they are vultures picking at a juicy carcass someone else has discarded by fair means or foul and will enjoy feasting on the victim (club) until kicked of it by another predator or someone waving enough money to get them to cut and run. 

Still I have a horrible feeling that who ever wins the court case will have an uphill struggle this coming season to get a decent uptake in ST and turn stile footfall for season '15 - '16 Jed because he's skint, loathsome and we'll have a shyte season & Power, more likeable but equally possible to have a shyte season. Many will be royally fed up and vote with their wallets.

I'm trying to remain optimistic but i can think as do many that circa £1k per season could go a long way to doing other things. We'll see.

You mean like that Bristol City owner. Fabulously wealthy, threw money at it got turned over by Dean Windass at Wembley and are now in the same league as ourselves?

Honestly, I would love it if we managed to get an honest to goodness owner, with the club's best interests at heart who could build the club up over a period of time.

I don't remember us spending ridiculous amounts under Ossie or Hoddle and supporting the club at those times was a real pleasure.

It's got to the stage now where support has more than a little bit of pity attached to it
fatbasher

« Reply #1682 on: Sunday, June 29, 2014, 12:42:54 »

You mean like that Bristol City owner. Fabulously wealthy, threw money at it got turned over by Dean Windass at Wembley and are now in the same league as ourselves?

Honestly, I would love it if we managed to get an honest to goodness owner, with the club's best interests at heart who could build the club up over a period of time.

I don't remember us spending ridiculous amounts under Ossie or Hoddle and supporting the club at those times was a real pleasure.

It's got to the stage now where support has more than a little bit of pity attached to it

I agree in principle, however, managed sustainability is what clubs in the lower leagues have to work towards even more so than ever. Premiership is a pipe dream and would be a disaster for us again should it ever happen. we lived out of blacks pocket under Di Canio and you could say that position mirrored the slave traders in a way. The game in all it's facets is a world away from the Macari, Ardiles & Hoddle eras don't you think? 

I will have to review our ST stiuation for next season as our lad has signed up for U11 football which means training Saturday morning and playing Sunday morning. With a game sandwhiched in between every other weekend that's a lot of time to lose each week end. This seasons ST are in the bag I just hope come April i have a concrete reason to renew all three.....
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #1683 on: Sunday, June 29, 2014, 13:25:26 »

[/quote]

We consistently sold our best players to keep going then. Alan Mac, Gittens, Shearer and Kerslake all went between 1990-1993. The honest local chairman type of Ray Hardman ended up handing over to Rikki Hunt. What we did in that era was find new talent to replace e.g. Bodin for Phil King, Summerbee for Kerslake
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1684 on: Sunday, June 29, 2014, 14:24:53 »

Unfortunately having just spoken to someone who knows Jed well I can't see this whole saga being over on Wednesday, sounds like he's already ready to appeal as he believes he's owed money. This is just going to drag and drag.....

Hopefully they'll be a clear, robust judgment to dissaude him from doing so. If he's as much of a chancer as we suspect, perhaps he won't fancy funding an appeal. But then, can he afford not to? If there really are dodgy shenanigans to be revealed - a potential fraud / theft - maybe our "charismatic" ex Chairman could be facing a prison sentence or at the very least, be looking at being banned from being a company director.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1685 on: Sunday, June 29, 2014, 18:17:32 »

http://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/sport/harriers/11041784.Harriers_deal_was_done_____McCrory/

Surely that article says it all, why would he have done a deal to buy Kiddermimster of he still owns us. The guy is just a liar plain and simple.... Notice he claimed he had access to £5 million there, guessing that's in Monopoly money!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1686 on: Monday, June 30, 2014, 13:50:17 »

Judgement 10:15 tomorrow morning.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1687 on: Monday, June 30, 2014, 13:54:53 »

Judgement 10:15 tomorrow morning.
Oh a day earlier than anticipated. Fingers crossed for the lesser of the 2 evil (allegedly).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #1688 on: Monday, June 30, 2014, 14:01:12 »

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1689 on: Monday, June 30, 2014, 14:25:46 »

If I had the ability to photo shop I would change this to JvP and put Powers and Jed's faces on it.
kerry red

« Reply #1690 on: Monday, June 30, 2014, 15:13:02 »

kerry red

« Reply #1691 on: Monday, June 30, 2014, 15:25:24 »

http://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/sport/harriers/11041784.Harriers_deal_was_done_____McCrory/

Surely that article says it all, why would he have done a deal to buy Kiddermimster of he still owns us. The guy is just a liar plain and simple.... Notice he claimed he had access to £5 million there, guessing that's in Monopoly money!

He was also going to takeover Barnsley in January 'after relinquishing all ties with Swindon Town'

The fella needs psychiatric help along with the bucktoothed fucker
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #1692 on: Monday, June 30, 2014, 15:44:23 »

Things for Jed really started to go downhill when Ranger showed him how to wash up his coke and introduced him to the crack pipe.....

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1693 on: Monday, June 30, 2014, 17:59:35 »

I'm waiting in the wings with 3 million quid in case the worse happens. Already looking at leasing an Audi

« Reply #1694 on: Monday, June 30, 2014, 18:04:03 »

I'm waiting in the wings with 3 million quid in case the worse happens. Already looking at leasing an Audi
Is the 3 million a note written on a piece of paper with green wax crayon saying you have assets of £3m. You then need to talk about it and waive it around a bit. If it isn't on green wax crayon you can fuck right off you bullshitter.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 ... 148   Go Up
Print
Jump to: