Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 148   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jed mccory  (Read 506971 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1560 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 12:59:59 »

So JedCo consists of

Jed;
Martin King who was involved in all the fuck-ups at Luton;
the "highly persuasive" (or "thoroughly dishonest" if you prefer the judge's words) Mr Agombar who's apparently just achieved the nigh-on impossible by failing the Fit and Proper Test at Hereford who he's busy taking right down the shitter;
and the "Boiler room" scam artist Greg Hall who was the "acceptable face" of an investment scam shut down by the courts.

The term "rogues' gallery" doesn't even begin to encompass this does it? In fact it looks like Jed was used as the public face of this sorry shower because he was the least shady.

Jesus Fucking Wept. How the hell could this lot ever be allowed to take over a Football League club? Even if the phrase "duty of care" was apparently alien to our previous owner who clearly didn't give a shit who he sold to, the Football League owe us all an explanation. Fit and Proper, my arse

I wonder if we'll be appearing on Watchdog anytime soon!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1561 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 13:00:50 »

Yes!  That was my point about Patey's role.  I know that Black wanted out quickly, but I don't believe he wanted the Club sold to the first bunch of cowboys who came onto the scene.

I don't think he honestly gave a flying fuck about that he just wanted out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1562 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 13:03:29 »

Is that you, Oliver?

haha
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #1563 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 13:09:20 »

Yes!  That was my point about Patey's role.  I know that Black wanted out quickly, but I don't believe he wanted the Club sold to the first bunch of cowboys who came onto the scene.

I think that was more or less exactly what he wanted, given that he was selling to a timescale that didn't allow for a preliminary audit. And to be fair to him, why should he care as long as he stopped bleeding his money on something he wasn't even interested in?

Pauld puts it eloquently, but the conundrum for the Football League is if you make the test stringent enough to allow only decent upstanding businesspeople, virtually the entire industry would collapse. How many clever businesspeople with a long-term view to building the value of an investment and a sense of responsibility for a community asset would mix with the type of lowlife that peoples the football industry? We're only experiencing what countless clubs (including ourselves) have seen before: more or less streetwise chancers playing out their fantasy lives with varying degrees of intelligence. I guess we smaller clubs don't attract the brightest chancers.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #1564 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 13:39:50 »

Is that you, Oliver?
Haha afraid not

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1565 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 13:46:48 »

Well that was what he (Black) did. Patey may have done some of the spadework, but it was Black's to sell and as you so correctly put it he "to the first bunch of cowboys who came onto the scene". As PV says, he might have preferred someone better but in the end he didn't give a shit who he sold to, he'd just got bored of the toy and wanted out. And sod whatever happened afterwards, not his problem.  Patey was just the instrument he achieved to affect this.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be grateful for the work he did (or allowed to be done with his money) in putting the club back on an even keel when Fitton et al first took over, but any owner of a football club has a duty of care to pass it on in good order to reasonable owners. And Black abjectly failed to do that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1566 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 13:48:15 »

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be grateful for the work he did (or allowed to be done with his money) in putting the club back on an even keel when Fitton et al first took over, but any owner of a football club has a duty of care to pass it on in good order to reasonable owners. And Black abjectly failed to do that.
Very true.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1567 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 13:53:10 »

Pauld puts it eloquently, but the conundrum for the Football League is if you make the test stringent enough to allow only decent upstanding businesspeople, virtually the entire industry would collapse. How many clever businesspeople with a long-term view to building the value of an investment and a sense of responsibility for a community asset would mix with the type of lowlife that peoples the football industry? We're only experiencing what countless clubs (including ourselves) have seen before: more or less streetwise chancers playing out their fantasy lives with varying degrees of intelligence. I guess we smaller clubs don't attract the brightest chancers.
That's all true but really - over the past couple of weeks, look what's unfolded with us, Hereford, Salisbury. (I know Salisbury was the Conference rather than the FL but the same applies - at least the Conference try to prevent it). That's not to mention the convicted crook at Leeds. There's a balance to be struck for sure, but right now it's firmly tilted in the direction of the conmen and the shysters.
Flashheart

« Reply #1568 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 14:00:34 »

Presumably these claims being made to today in court must be backed up by evidence. So would this mean we now have proof that Power has put 2M into the club?
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #1569 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 14:04:10 »

Power alleges the matches McCrory believed to be fixed changed four times and were matches they won anyway. #stfc

What a lot of shite.

Jed thinks that Power telling the players to get out there and win the game counts as match - fixing !
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1570 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 14:05:38 »

For those of you who know him. I just found out the fan Power was possibly referring to is Jacko Smiley
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1571 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 14:06:17 »

Presumably these claims being made to today in court must be backed up by evidence. So would this mean we now have proof that Power has put 2M into the club?

The audit that only Power & Shah have seen I presume, they did not need to prove it to the court
kaufman

« Reply #1572 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 14:06:42 »

Judge has just stated that he "doesn't believe McCrory's evidence"
Flashheart

« Reply #1573 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 14:08:16 »

Well that must be that then, surely?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1574 on: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 14:08:26 »

Judge has just stated that he "doesn't believe McCrory's evidence"

That's the Impression the London guys there think, that it's not going to go Jeds way.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 148   Go Up
Print
Jump to: