Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 148   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jed mccory  (Read 506943 times)
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #1425 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 15:18:02 »

Why can't Jed just fuck off? I mean I don't know whether Power is whiter than white but at least he has some cash.... We've been through so much bollocks over the years surely it's another clubs turn?

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1426 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 15:26:19 »

Obviously out the back having a fag, trying to work a deal.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1427 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 15:33:56 »

Why can't Jed just fuck off? I mean I don't know whether Power is whiter than white but at least he has some cash.... We've been through so much bollocks over the years surely it's another clubs turn?

Have we seen any proof Power has money, he seems to have connections
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1428 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 15:37:35 »

Jed a proven cunt, Power may yet be one but he's got the benefit of the doubt
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1429 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 15:42:04 »

Have we seen any proof Power has money, he seems to have connections

Whatever he has he does appear to have put his money where his mouth is by making the loan to Jed, however the source is not clear. The fact that he has connections would appear to be one up on Jed though.

I have no idea of the merits or otherwise of Power. However after he 'took over' both he and Shah seemed to go about their business in a quiet and unassuming manner with none of the PR rubbish and cock ups that plagued Jed and his team, the headlines started to be limited to the pitch and generally for a period we seemed to be a 'normal' club. Yes there was the issue of the financial report, however I suspected (may be rubbish) that the quiet forgetting of the publishing of the results may have been linked to the emergence of Jed like a phoenix from the flames and an associated decision to perhaps not put things in the public domain.

I have little evidence to have an opinion either way but it just is a little 'better the devil you know' and talk of Paul Hollywood, gastro pubs and Albanians does little to make me change that opinion.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1430 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 15:43:11 »

Jed a proven cunt, Power may yet be one but he's got the benefit of the doubt

Possibly more concise than my ramble above, but the sentiment is the same!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1431 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 15:46:37 »

I am amazed that more people have not picked up on the fact that Jed told Power he had failed the fit and proper test when he had actually passed.  Proved what a conniving, lying cunt the bloke really is!!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1432 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 15:50:13 »

I am amazed that more people have not picked up on the fact that Jed told Power he had failed the fit and proper test when he had actually passed.  Proved what a conniving, lying cunt the bloke really is!!

I must admit that made me laugh, I suspect that whatever the outcome Power has learnt some painful lessons during this process.

We all have to remember that Jed only took the club on as he is a 'football man' and wanted to save it for its fans and the community.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #1433 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 15:56:19 »

It's worrying that Lee Power believed that he'd failed the Fit and Proper Person test so readily. Maybe he's just naive or perhaps he had reason to believe it was true. Either way,it would have been prudent to check
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1434 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 15:57:09 »

I understand that this is the main reason that Jed had such a massive fall out with Power, Power basically using the same turn of phrase as you did there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #1435 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 15:59:10 »

I didn't read it as he was told he failed, rather Jed just failed to tell Power he had passed.

Not that it makes it any less shifty on Jed's part!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1436 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 16:04:00 »

I didn't read it as he was told he failed, rather Jed just failed to tell Power he had passed.

Not that it makes it any less shifty on Jed's part!

I think that Jed was even more subtle as the Adver says:

'the current chairman alleged Jed McCrory, his predecessor, had told him he was only approved as a director.

The Football League confirmed Mr Power had passed the fit and proper persons' test required on July 11 last year, but Power went on believing this did not allow him to take up his option agreement and become club owner.'
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1437 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 16:11:31 »

What amuses me is that now it has been proven in a court of law that Jed is a liar who couldn’t afford to run the club and needed Powers money.

What the hell was this proof of funds that Jed was showing everyone at a supporters meeting? I take it this was Powers bank statement with tippex over the name and Jeds added?

I fear for the future if that cowboy wins the court case.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1438 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 16:12:19 »

Bit quiet on this afternoon's events.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1439 on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 16:22:23 »

Power must have been thick to pump in hard cash without owning any shares... Doesn't make sense

Jump to: