Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 148   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jed mccory  (Read 508319 times)
Spud

« Reply #510 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 08:56:09 »

Jed returns and so does my season ticket to the club. Simple.

And what did Jed do last time round to make you think that he's some sort of perfect owner?

Having a pint with the fans in The Tap doesn't count either.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 09:30:08 »

I thought he had health reasons as to why he left.

I remember when he dm'd me on twitter saying he was scared for his safety when it all kicked off with Power the last time, and then when we saw him next day he said Lee was a top bloke.

What a cunt
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 09:53:16 »

The square route of nothing in the end because the customers aka us disappeared in droves.

A square route will just take you back to the beginning...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 09:54:41 »

And what did Jed do last time round to make you think that he's some sort of perfect owner?

Having a pint with the fans in The Tap doesn't count either.

Erm... I think he was saying his season ticket would be returned to club in disgust if Jed returned....
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 10:43:09 »

I thought he had health reasons as to why he left.

I remember when he dm'd me on twitter saying he was scared for his safety when it all kicked off with Power the last time, and then when we saw him next day he said Lee was a top bloke.

What a cunt
He is just a fucking dillusioned liar!
fatbasher

« Reply #515 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 10:47:45 »

A square route will just take you back to the beginning...

Thank you Einstein, your multi talented Brain is clearly wasted here.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 10:56:59 »

Dexter - here's test for you - how much did Jed pay himself when he was at the County Ground?

Quoted so Dexter doesn't miss out and forget to answer.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 11:12:59 »

Ah, you see, clearly others don't, that you along with me and my family actually own the club as do others who either have season tickets or turn up "regularly" at SN1. Simply because without us "they" own fuck all. Ask Gerald Ratner what value his jewellery business had after he infamously said most of the stuff they sold was crap? The square route of nothing in the end because the customers aka us disappeared in droves.

As I said on the "power struggle" thread they may both own the club or either one may prevail but without us the real owners of the club all they have is a share certificate. Try selling that when no-one comes through the turnstiles.

If McCrory prevails and you are not happy stay away and take your cash with you, equally if you're not happy with Power if he comes out on top do the same. Don't worry there will still be a club to support long after either one or both have fucked off. They are here to make money, end of. Your choice is wether you wish to help them.
Unfortunately history has shown that the majority of our fans aren't interested in who owns or runs the club and boardroom matters are not their concern. No matter how many of us boycott because we are tired of seeing STFC treated with little regard by a succession of owners, they will be a vast majority who believe their only function is to "get behind the team no matter what". Ironically, these are more than likely the same people who shout FORWARD and get on the players backs from the kick-off.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 11:20:28 »

Unfortunately history has shown that the majority of our fans aren't interested in who owns or runs the club and boardroom matters are not their concern. No matter how many of us boycott because we are tired of seeing STFC treated with little regard by a succession of owners, they will be a vast majority who believe their only function is to "get behind the team no matter what". Ironically, these are more than likely the same people who shout FORWARD and get on the players backs from the kick-off.

I think "getting behind the team no matter what" is different from supporting the board "no matter what".

Not that I'm defending the cunts who shout forwards and get on the player's backs from the off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 11:23:41 »

Unfortunately history has shown that the majority of our fans aren't interested in who owns or runs the club and boardroom matters are not their concern.

The man speaks the truth.

Not sure there are any alternatives anyway this time though Sad It was clear SSW was lead up the garden path by the fat controller, and that Power MK 1 and then Fitton were alternatives that were better than going bust.

This time Huh?
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 11:26:06 by Batch » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 11:24:23 »

We did see briefly with the orange thing, that it is possible for like minded Town fans to organise an effective protest, but the momentum behind that was lost when the new benign regime came in and settled things down.

I'm uncertain as to whether 7 or so years down the line, there is a will amongst the fan base, for something similar, or whether it's more a case of shrugging shoulders and accepting the inevitable Shrug
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 11:28:58 »

We did see briefly with the orange thing, that it is possible for like minded Town fans to organise an effective protest, but the momentum behind that was lost when the new benign regime came in and settled things down.

I'm uncertain as to whether 7 or so years down the line, there is a will amongst the fan base, for something similar, or whether it's more a case of shrugging shoulders and accepting the inevitable Shrug
The orange protest was an alternative to boycotting games as I believe the general consensus at the time was that it'd be more effective than staying away and many were reluctant to stop going to games. I don't know, with the benefit of hindsight, whether it was effective or not.

I do recall that people who protested behind the Arkells and the like receiving dirty looks, tuts and abuse from some Town fans and times were far more dire than they are now. Compounded with the fact that we're not doing too badly on the pitch, I can't imagine many fans seeing things as serious enough to warrant action.

As you say, we all got complacent under Fitton et al and enjoyed the ride which we were perfectly entitled to do.
Spud

« Reply #522 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 14:05:34 »

Erm... I think he was saying his season ticket would be returned to club in disgust if Jed returned....

I really shouldn't read stuff when I've just woke up. Cheesy
Spud

« Reply #523 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 14:07:17 »

Back in the 'Orange' protest days, I can remember one bloke in particular having a right pop at us. Seen him a few times, I've always wanted to call him a massive cunt.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 14:07:44 »

Was it the bloke from the supporters club Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 148   Go Up
Print
Jump to: