Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stuffed by the Cloggies  (Read 6390 times)
kerry red

« on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 12:26:43 »

Painful watching England being taken apart by the Netherlands.

Where on earth do we go from here?
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 12:28:11 »

Bring back Dernbach !   Girl Giggle
kerry red

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 12:34:20 »

Fuck me.

All out for 88 against the cricketing powerhouse of the Netherlands.

shameful
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 12:39:05 »

I hadn't noticed this was on.  Said to mate on Saturday, that although we'd gone out, the performances hadn't been completely inept....as long as we didn't lose to the Netherlands. 

Heads must now roll....Ashley Giles gives the impression of not being hard enough for the job, and this confirms it.  Stuart Broad, who is a decent bowler, who plays the odd useful knock, isn't a captain.

This just about bookends the winter....a complete overhaul is now required.  As for who is going to implement this, fuck knows, there's got to be some dour Saffa or Rhodesian out there, who fancies a go at it.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 16:10:13 »

I hadn't noticed this was on.  Said to mate on Saturday, that although we'd gone out, the performances hadn't been completely inept....as long as we didn't lose to the Netherlands. 

Heads must now roll....Ashley Giles gives the impression of not being hard enough for the job, and this confirms it.  Stuart Broad, who is a decent bowler, who plays the odd useful knock, isn't a captain.

This just about bookends the winter....a complete overhaul is now required.  As for who is going to implement this, fuck knows, there's got to be some dour Saffa or Rhodesian out there, who fancies a go at it.
And Giles is after the full coaching role of all the England teams, and I agree Broad is not a captain!!  If Giles gets the job we will be stuffed for the next five years!
kerry red

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 16:17:01 »

The King of Spain my hairy arse
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 22:05:58 »

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/31/michael-carberry-ashley-giles-england-kevin-pietersen-ashes?CMP=twt_gu

Carberry hammering nails into his own coffin but sounds like the strongest thing anyone's said yet, and fair play to him.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 06:57:06 »

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/31/michael-carberry-ashley-giles-england-kevin-pietersen-ashes?CMP=twt_gu

Carberry hammering nails into his own coffin but sounds like the strongest thing anyone's said yet, and fair play to him.
I think he realises that his opportunity has gone. I think that the 'powers that be' are looking at younger options and rebuilding for the future rather than the present. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few articles, from a variety of sources, hammering the King of Spain now.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 07:40:51 »

Problem is that Giles is regarded at Lords at "a jolly good fellow" who won't rock the boat.  How many years ago was the "old farts at Twickenham" comment made?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 11:47:22 »

Problem is that Giles is regarded at Lords at "a jolly good fellow" who won't rock the boat.  How many years ago was the "old farts at Twickenham" comment made?
I don't think that there are many people interested in the job. Kirsten wasn't, as he apparently earns as much/more for managing in the IPL without the hassle of touring round the world. Interesting his first act was to make KP captain!

Giles would be the man if you wanted continuity from the previous regime. Moores would be the best coach. Either way, a few barren years ahead methinks.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 13:37:28 »

Beg Andy Flower to come back, bin off Cook if it means you get KP back and start again with KP, Broad, Stokes and Bell.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 19:30:44 »

I don't think Giles is the right man for the top job! Good read in that Carberry article! Looks like a tough few years ahead in all formats whatever happens...

#VivaKenBarlow!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, May 25, 2014, 15:56:39 »

It was always likely to be a bit one sided getting the Lankies in May up in the cold North East.....oh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: