Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground Redevelopment Or Never? And Left Behind!  (Read 51363 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 11:29:54 »

Once upon a time the club owned 1 Shrivenham Road and used it as a hostel...but it was sold off years ago, along with a number of other club houses bought in Walcot West.

There was a guy living in the house next door to that one who was the most vehemently opposed - had the pleasure of "talking" to him once, just after the DRS was finished.

A development was and is remains relatively easy tp push through a the only objection with any weight was the impact to view/sunlight as I remember.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #91 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 13:31:05 »

These fucking idiots that move near a football ground and complain about sunlight and noise etc don't even know they were born

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 13:39:10 »

Didn't new residents of Castle Combe recently try and get the race circuit closed because of the frightful racket it causes?
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 13:53:14 by Costanza » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 13:56:58 »

There was a guy living in the house next door to that one who was the most vehemently opposed - had the pleasure of "talking" to him once, just after the DRS was finished.

A development was and is remains relatively easy tp push through a the only objection with any weight was the impact to view/sunlight as I remember.

Loss of view cannot be used to turn an application down...
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 15:58:48 »

Didn't new residents of Castle Combe recently try and get the race circuit closed because of the frightful racket it causes?

New Residents can be so fucking snooty and it pisses me right off. One of the local farmers had to spend a shit tonne of money on a brand new slurry tank because the old pit smelt and it bothered the noses of the people who'd moved into the three, very exclusive, housing estates that had sprung up around his farm. Also his cows littered the road with manure and it was 'disgusting'.

I've also had complaints from those same people about our chickens. Not directly, of course, they didn't come over and talk to us about it in a neighbourly fashion, no, they went straight to the fucking county council. Our cockerels crow too early in the morning and too loudly apparently  Roll Eyes
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 16:46:05 »

To answer the thread title - never, and yes left behind! Would love to see a redevelopment but how many times have we been here before? With the current lot ground redevelopment isn't even on their 'to-do list', so expect at least a few years at the earliest until something serious happens. Shame, as we're missing out on a lot of revenue that could come with the corporate side of things.

#VivaKenBarlow!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 18:28:26 »

Loss of view cannot be used to turn an application down...

But overbearing development, overlooking or loss of residential amenity can...
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 18:59:50 »

But overbearing development, overlooking or loss of residential amenity can...

It's all a bit s106/NPPF/PPG/PPA/LDF/VSC/JCS/SEA/SHLAA/SHMA/unauthorised erections with Mr Horlock.

He knows his stuff though.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 19:06:48 »

It's all a bit s106/NPPF/PPG/PPA/LDF/VSC/JCS/SEA/SHLAA/SHMA/unauthorised erections with Mr Horlock.

He knows his stuff though.

It that a polite way of saying that I am a dull bastard....  Cheesy
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 19:14:57 »

It that a polite way of saying that I am a dull bastard....  Cheesy

Just say you're an urban designer.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 19:18:25 »

Just say you're an urban designer.

I used to be for a while... God that was tedious!  I am actually a heritage planner,  not sure whether that's worse or better!
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 19:25:53 »

Having overlooked some of the residents back gardens from the last time I stood on Stratton Bank I can't really see much difference having a new stand will make. It's not like they have a quality view at the moment is it? Look at the houses in Bristol that have Ikea right up against their properties. Or the flyover at Portishead with houses underneath!  A modern stand like the DRS would probably be easier on the eye than a crumbling Stratton Bank.
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 19:38:24 »

I used to be for a while... God that was tedious!  I am actually a heritage planner,  not sure whether that's worse or better!

Beards and sandals Smiley.

CgMs?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 19:40:57 »

Having overlooked some of the residents back gardens from the last time I stood on Stratton Bank I can't really see much difference having a new stand will make. It's not like they have a quality view at the moment is it? Look at the houses in Bristol that have Ikea right up against their properties. Or the flyover at Portishead with houses underneath!  A modern stand like the DRS would probably be easier on the eye than a crumbling Stratton Bank.

Paint a big countryside mural on it. Got to be better than looking at the current barbed wire and smelly old bogs.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, April 3, 2014, 19:56:16 »

Or build a transparent stand
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: