Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ground Redevelopment Or Never? And Left Behind!  (Read 51067 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 17:42:29 »

The council don't want the club out of the town as they rely on them for the rent on the land but also with footfall towards the ground, they will come up with any reason possible to stop the club leaving the current land but they couldn't stop them leaving the Swindon borough BUT would it be a good idea for the club to do that.

I don't remember that much but possibly greenfield.... both sound right to me as a layman  Hmmm

forward swindon = SBC in yet another company so it's the same issue again but they are adamant on rebuilding the town centre but have an ugly lump of a stadium in the middle of it. The club have so much potential in a town of 200k+ but realistically they are being held back by a crappy stadium, it's an under used by the town. Look at Reading's, Worcester and Oxford (hotel and conference facilities Sewage works), they have various facilities to build additional revenue to the club.

Corrected the above for you  Wink

In terms of council regeneration vehicles I have not dealt with the one in Swindon, but you would be surprised. I have been working on two big schemes where the planners hate the scheme but have not refused them as yet (in one case its been going on for a year +) as the Council regeneration vehicle who are judged purely on investment and jobs created desperately want it to happen and are thus lobbying all over the place on our behalf to persuade members etc to over ride the planners.

Anyway as I said above it ain't gong to happen in my lifetime and I have had enough planning for today!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 17:43:43 »

Trump just said in his inauguration he is buying and redeveloping the CG

Is he going to make it great? Everything is great in Donald world
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 18:40:04 »

Is he going to make it great? Everything is great in Donald world

Whose going to pay for it?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 18:40:58 »

Interestingly, given we know the Council is not going to grasp anything resembling a bull by the horns, the current farce with the Milton Road Baths is giving the club a way forward.  The Council, having leased the property, are not fundamentally opposed to the Leasee redeveloping the land to make it "viable" and in the process changing the use of the land to housing.  The club should be watching this closely, because even if it doesn't go ahead, it marks a shift in their previous concerns about a CG development.  The key to any development has always been finding new ways to fund it, either by providing community assets so the Council can lend money against it, or private funding through new facilities and or housing onsite.  The Milton Rd proposals show they couldn't really stand against it, leaving it entirely down to planning.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #199 on: Friday, January 20, 2017, 21:24:52 »

Can't see anything happening in the near future. Lee Power has said the ground is not a priority, the lease has lapsed and there's £2m due to Andrew Black if we redevelop it.

Sent from my HTC One M9
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: