Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36825 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 07:30:06 »

I remember when they got relegated from the Conference....went in the Isthmian League, which was essentially a London suburbs league, rather than was it the Gola League, a more southern/midlands based league.  They then used only London based players, just collecting them for a bus to Somerset for home games....not sure what they did about training presumably London based a couple nights a week.
My mate who used to coach for Yeovil back then (Paul Randall ex Brizzle Rovers) said that the club employed a coach/assistant who lived in London and he hosted one training session in West London per week and one training session in Yeovil per week.

Seemed to work for them, why the League thought they were better off in basically a London league though still wrangles some fans, partly because people of Yeovil have little time for Londoners/cockneys, they have an inherant mistrust of all things that there London.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 08:10:50 »

Was he? In which case fuck 'em, well done Lino. You can't tell on highlights that only focus on one section of the pitch, couldn't see if there were any Swindon players out wide playing him on.

Luckily however you still saw enough to be able to dismiss the referee as being a fucking muppet.  His 'crime' being to initially seek to play advantage and then come back for the free kick once he saw that the linesman had given offside.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 08:20:07 »

Luckily however you still saw enough to be able to dismiss the referee as being a fucking muppet.  His 'crime' being to initially seek to play advantage and then come back for the free kick once he saw that the linesman had given offside.

This was actually a good piece of refereeing. Shame we had a similar instance in the first half where he failed to pull the play back 2 seconds after playing an advantage.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 08:28:18 »

Yeah we had a debate about that.  Like you I thought he could have still come back for the original free kick.  My mate's counter-argument was that he had given us the advantage, we'd had the shot and therefore had enough advantage.  I'm not sure there's any ruling as to how long a ref should give.  I'd hate it to end up like rugby where you can get literally minutes of advantage before taking back to the original offence.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 08:51:16 »

Yeah we had a debate about that.  Like you I thought he could have still come back for the original free kick.  My mate's counter-argument was that he had given us the advantage, we'd had the shot and therefore had enough advantage.  I'm not sure there's any ruling as to how long a ref should give.  I'd hate it to end up like rugby where you can get literally minutes of advantage before taking back to the original offence.

Yeah I agree and understand your mates argument however if our player would have been tackled then I've no doubt the ref would have pulled it back. There's no difference as regardless we've still lost possession. The rules don't help the ref but given the choice I'd say we'd have rather had the free kick. I.e. Have a shot with no one within 10 yards against having a shot with someone right on top of you.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 08:59:34 »

From what I've seen this year of the quality of refereeing, the general reaction of players around the incident, and the commentary, presuming the ref was being a fucking muppet was the best thing to do.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 14:50:20 »

Not sure whether it was the development side, or the youths but apparently we won 9-0 today. (dunno who against)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, 15:15:12 »

I'm not sure there's any ruling as to how long a ref should give

I believe it's once he's signalled with his arms then that's it. If he hasn't raised his arms and isn't satisfied that there's been an advantage, he can still call it back.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: