Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38179 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 13:36:21 »

This one?

Yes, cracking picture.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 14:29:15 »

I'm liking the fact the past few games has given us something to play for until the season's end. All depends on Peterborough and the results of their games in hand, but in the meantime lets do it!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #167 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 14:44:04 »

I think STFC really need to thank Mr and Mrs Thompson. Are there any more or just the 2. As you all know I'm a miserable old fucker but Louis's goal yesterday and the celebrations from both Thompsons made me quite proud. You treasure little moments like that. Two lads who've come up through the ranks, have fantastic attitudes, give 100% and show what playing for Town means for them. I hope they both go on to have great careers whether its with Town or better. If Nile had the family they have he'd be back in the Prem.
It was also great to see Storey score one and have a bloody good game. He did well to hold his man off and make the pass to Byrne. Waldon coming on was a bonus.
It means a little bit more to me when our own come through.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 15:20:09 »

I went fucking mad when Thompson scored...TEF very own player!!! Wink

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 16:17:02 »

Was at wembley today and even though Peterborough won 3-1 they don't look a good side. In fact chesterfield were the better team first half and were 2-0 down!

I don't think posh are that good so if we keep winning, who knows!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 16:25:35 »

Was at wembley today and even though Peterborough won 3-1 they don't look a good side. In fact chesterfield were the better team first half and were 2-0 down!

I don't think posh are that good so if we keep winning, who knows!

Watched it on TV
Chesterfield undone with 3 set pieces and at 2 nil down were the better team by far.
Unlucky not to have a pen after 3 mins too

Lets hope they continue to fall apart and dont pick up as a result of today
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 16:45:50 »

Let's not forget Connor Walden either.  OK, he's not the finished article - but he's a Pinehurst boy and now wearing the shirt.  When was the last time we had three local lads on the pitch?  It's almost a reversal of the trend for years where everything's being getting less local and more global.  Reg must be loving this.  Fuck it.  Let's aim for a team of Wiltshiremen.  It's within our grasp, surely.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 16:57:58 »

Let's not forget Connor Walden either.  OK, he's not the finished article - but he's a Pinehurst boy and now wearing the shirt.  When was the last time we had three local lads on the pitch?  It's almost a reversal of the trend for years where everything's being getting less local and more global.  Reg must be loving this.  Fuck it.  Let's aim for a team of Wiltshiremen.  It's within our grasp, surely.

Although the Thompsons are a product of the STFC academy
Nathan was born in Chester and Louis in Dover so hardly local lads
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 17:04:33 »

Although the Thompsons are a product of the STFC academy
Nathan was born in Chester and Louis in Dover so hardly local lads

Here's something that's been puzzling me- if Louis is playing for Wales U21 then I'm presuming that Nathan is eligible too- and if so, why isn't it ever mentioned?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 17:09:57 »

swindon-town-fc.co.uk gives his eligibility as English and Welsh  Hmmm
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 17:24:19 »

Knew that about the Twins.  But they're naturalised Swindonians, surely.  The celebrations yesterday proved that.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 17:26:57 »

Watched it on TV
Chesterfield undone with 3 set pieces and at 2 nil down were the better team by far.
Unlucky not to have a pen after 3 mins too

Lets hope they continue to fall apart and dont pick up as a result of today

Unlucky not to get a pen after three minutes.??....just like the final at the CG....fucking Ferguson getting the ref rub like his red nosed jock cunt dad.

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 17:51:25 »

I know this doesn't mean a lot...but just spent the afternoon with (Liverpool supporting) friends watching the 4-0 vs Spurs.  And it was a great game, enjoyed watching it.  But also couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't a patch on yesterday.

#Prem
#Takeitorleaveit
#Untilwegetthere  Wink
kerry red

« Reply #178 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 18:21:18 »

That's cos you have nothing invested in Liverpool v Spurs.

Yesterday wasn't a great game but it was dramatic and both sides wanted to win.

Sheffield Utd looked better than us overall, but we did them at the death and theres nothing quite like beating the odds in the last minute.

Ps get some early money on Sheffield Utd winning L1 next year
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, March 30, 2014, 18:21:33 »

Thing I've always wondered. Does your average supporter of a successful Premier League get more out of winning a game that takes them into the Champions league/wins the league  than you or I do getting promoted?

I only know one real season ticket holder, a Chelsea fan as it happens, and one since the shit days. He said not really, once the novelty value/novelty of a better standard of football wears off at least. And on top of that you've got the layer of shite that comes with the Premier League. Difficulty getting tickets, everything costs more, etc, etc.

There is a lot to be said about being able to rock up at 2:59, buy a ticket and watch your team.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: