Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sheffield United Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37433 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 13:01:59 »

How the fuck did Sheff Utd have fans in the bank ( albeit only a few ) when they didnt sell out the Arkells ?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 13:12:40 »

Gary Johnson is a poison pixie but having lived in Yeovil for 6 years and now lived 11 years just 14 miles away from Yeovil not one person has ever asked me why I am not a Yeovil fan, could be that I am a lot older than you but honestly I have never had one cross word with their fans who in the main seem alright.

I come accross a lot more local Bristol Shitty fans that are much more vocal and nasty than any Yokels fans.

For once Venks, I think we'll have to disagree on this. I know it's blasphemy but I've only met the one Shitty fan I don't like living here.

Different crowds obviously.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #212 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 13:25:12 »

For once Venks, I think we'll have to disagree on this. I know it's blasphemy but I've only met the one Shitty fan I don't like living here.

Different crowds obviously.
Wierd but I only say as I find. The shitty fans are all alright don't get me wrong they are just much gobbier than the Yokels I find.

Could be the opposite sides of Yeovil we live on maybe? as I am south West of there and you are more North East aren't you?

That said....I do think that many smaller clubs would do as Yeovil are doing...taking the £4.5mill+ not buying players and not upping players salaries but putting the money in the bank to keep them viable for next season no matter which (league 1) division they are in.

Their venture up a league has also got them extra funding in sponsorship which has been put aside to hopefully in the next year or so start building their new stadium on the outskirts of the town, with rumoured funding from Eddie Mitchell (ex Boremuff) and Kevin Heaney (ex Truro).

Fair play to them for making themselves financially stable but I guess that has to be done as their crowds have not really seen an increase this season.....only in away fans numbers, so it was always going to be a struggle for them.

I will be glad to have them in the same league as us next season Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 13:50:45 »

A Sheffield United fan on their forum has blamed our pitch. But oddly, blames our pitch only for their first half display, in which we were able to pass it around absolutely fine. Obviously the groundsman did a miracle job at half time which allowed them to play better in the 2nd half.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 14:01:01 »

start building their new stadium on the outskirts of the town, with rumoured funding from Eddie Mitchell (ex Boremuff) and Kevin Heaney (ex Truro).
Christ that's one hell of a dream team - the drunken loudmouth who nearly bankrupted Bournemouth and the guy who actually bankrupted Truro (and himself) but still tried taking over Plymouth as he was in the process of going bust. I don't especially like or dislike Yeovil but I wouldn't wish those two on anyone. And I'd be interested to see how they could finance a pub lunch between them these days...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 14:13:25 »

Christ that's one hell of a dream team - the drunken loudmouth who nearly bankrupted Bournemouth and the guy who actually bankrupted Truro (and himself) but still tried taking over Plymouth as he was in the process of going bust. I don't especially like or dislike Yeovil but I wouldn't wish those two on anyone. And I'd be interested to see how they could finance a pub lunch between them these days...

Its ok, Jed is going to help out.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 15:20:58 »

Isn't Martin Starnes still there as Chief Exec? If so, maybe he can call in a few of his old 'mates'?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Peter Venkman

« Reply #217 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 16:54:41 »

Isn't Martin Starnes still there as Chief Exec? If so, maybe he can call in a few of his old 'mates'?
Nope he left them last year to go to Plymouth.

Yeah when my mate told me that I genuinely thought he was kidding.

Apparently Heaney is back on solid footing again and has stepped back from football and gone back into development and Mitchell sold his share at muff for a tidy whack.

But the funding is nothing to do with the club ON the pitch, just off it, with hotels etc being funded by the twosome with no funding going into the team from them so that Mitchell can continue to fund the building of the new Poole Town ground on the outskirts of Poole at Bearwood.

This will only come to fruition if Yeovil are refused permission to build a new supermarket behind the away end as a new stand would be built over the supermarket (a bit like Selhurst Park IIRC) and they want to extend the home end into the car park.

kerry red

« Reply #218 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 17:00:09 »

I heard somewhere that the Ruski at Bornmuff could be in financial trouble with the West imposing sanctions on certain individuals regarding Crimea
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 17:04:21 »

I heard somewhere that the Ruski at Bornmuff could be in financial trouble with the West imposing sanctions on certain individuals regarding Crimea
That may be wishful thinking on your behalf
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 17:05:34 »

That may be wishful thinking on your behalf

It would be an unintended bonus of this international crisis though! About time those cunts got their comeuppance!

We'll have Ritchie back for a tenner thanks.
REDBUCK

« Reply #221 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 17:58:44 »

Gary Johnson is a poison pixie but having lived in Yeovil for 6 years and now lived 11 years just 14 miles away from Yeovil not one person has ever asked me why I am not a Yeovil fan, could be that I am a lot older than you but honestly I have never had one cross word with their fans who in the main seem alright.

I come accross a lot more local Bristol Shitty fans that are much more vocal and nasty than any Yokels fans.

That's because you probably aren't a nause about Swindon like HonkyTonk is in and around the pubs  Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 18:22:46 »

I know hundred of them and they are all genuine fans and always nice to me, it must be just to you.

yes they look like they will be relegated this year but they are £5 mill better off than they were last year with a new ground on the horizon because of it.

At no stage in my life did I ever think Yeovil would be in a higher league than us.

Since 2005/06 season (the first we had in the same league), I think we've finished above Yeovil twice? They've had a far better time than us over the last ten years

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman

« Reply #223 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 18:28:55 »

Since 2005/06 season (the first we had in the same league), I think we've finished above Yeovil twice? They've had a far better time than us over the last ten years
They probably have but the year before I moved down here they were in the Isthmian League and I still mostly think of them as a non league team TBH.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Monday, March 31, 2014, 18:36:22 »

They probably have but the year before I moved down here they were in the Isthmian League and I still mostly think of them as a non league team TBH.

I remember when they got relegated from the Conference....went in the Isthmian League, which was essentially a London suburbs league, rather than was it the Gola League, a more southern/midlands based league.  They then used only London based players, just collecting them for a bus to Somerset for home games....not sure what they did about training presumably London based a couple nights a week.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: