Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Relegation/Promotion  (Read 5293 times)
Amir

« Reply #30 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 14:32:47 »

I cried after we lost to 3-0 at home to Bristol City in 94/95.  We made Junior Bent look like a World beater for fuck sake.  Even as a young lad though I had the good sense to wait until I was well away from the ground.  Still not right though, someone should have slapped me.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 18:32:41 »

I cried when we lost to Wrexham 4-3 in 1995. But I was about 6 and that was the first time I'd ever seen us lose!

Pretty sure I shed a tear when we got relegated at Ashton Gate.. But I was smashed so it doesn't count. Besides, I've been drinking bear, shagging birds, eating hot curries, changing car tyres and doing DIY every single day since then so I'm still a man or whatever the code is these days.

You did. On me. Heh heh heh...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 18:57:00 »

I cried after we lost to 3-0 at home to Bristol City in 94/95.  We made Junior Bent look like a World beater for fuck sake.  Even as a young lad though I had the good sense to wait until I was well away from the ground.  Still not right though, someone should have slapped me.

Junior Bent scored the first goal I ever saw at a competitive football match (STFC vs Bristol City, Sept 1990).  Little runt.  He used to have one good game a season, and it was always against us.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 22:42:48 »

Not usually a depressive drinker, I must admit to having had a mawkishly sentimental spell on the night we had achieved promotion to the Premiership.  I felt unworthy to be about to see Swindon in the elite of English football, knowing that generation after generation of loyal fans would have died without having seen, or for the most part even having dreamt of such a chapter in the club's history.

The only time I actually cried was with tears of laughter that afternoon the goals wouldn't stop going in as 1-4 transformed to 6-4 and St Andrews seemed to empty as quickly and casually as a muddy bath
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: