Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Relegation/Promotion  (Read 5296 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 11:34:55 »

After that game a youngish Torquay fan walked past me and Si Pie crying. We obviously pointed and laughed and she said, "Fuck off you cunts, you've relegated us!" Cue much enjoyment.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 11:36:06 »

I like seeing other teams supporters crying. Is that wrong?

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 11:40:08 »

Nope. Not wrong.. It's football not the special Olympics.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 11:48:48 »

Anyone who cries at football should be shot, same goes for the lame arses who sit with their heads in their hands, long after every sane person is back in the pub.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 11:55:58 »

I can't imagine any scenario at game that would cause me to shed a tear and I'm a modern man in touch with my feelings  :gay:
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 12:01:30 »

I cried when we lost to Wrexham 4-3 in 1995. But I was about 6 and that was the first time I'd ever seen us lose!

Pretty sure I shed a tear when we got relegated at Ashton Gate.. But I was smashed so it doesn't count. Besides, I've been drinking bear, shagging birds, eating hot curries, changing car tyres and doing DIY every single day since then so I'm still a man or whatever the code is these days.
kerry red

« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 12:02:37 »

I cried when Oxford got relegated to the Conference.

I didn't realise how much laughing was needed before it turned to tears
kerry red

« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 12:04:38 »

I cried when we lost to Wrexham 4-3 in 1995. But I was about 6 and that was the first time I'd ever seen us lose!

Pretty sure I shed a tear when we got relegated at Ashton Gate.. But I was smashed so it doesn't count. Besides, I've been drinking bear, shagging birds, eating hot curries, changing car tyres and doing DIY every single day since then so I'm still a man or whatever the code is these days.

Yeah, that bear is strong stuff!!

Was it Hofmeister?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 12:41:02 »

Was it Hofmeister?
The way the Hoffmiester bear walks is how I imagine Steve Evans walks. Smug.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 12:44:21 »

Sums up football: a short moment of ecstasy/relief/jubilation, followed by crushing disappointment.

I never thought I'd see football being compared so accurately to DMR's sex life.

Tears are entirely the wrong emotion for football, resignation with perhaps a dash of short lived anger is what's required, when the shit hits the fan.

It's the sort of thing which distinguishes us from this

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 12:44:43 »

Was it Hofmeister?

That was deliberate. Real men drink bears.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 13:28:09 »

I defy any Town fan not to roll around with laughter watching those Scummers in tears when they went back to their natural position after a brief flirt with the league. The fact there were Town connections - Ling, Alexander, easton made it even better. 
Thats what football is all about. Its not only about your own team - its about finding joy in the ineptness of your rivals.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #27 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 14:13:00 »

A little known fact :If you cried every time we lost, there are seasons where you'd be dead from dehydration by Christmas.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 14:19:55 »

I must admit that Charlie Henry's goal against the Pikeys in the PO Final second leg at the CG brought  a tear to my eye.

I think it was the sheer relief/joy of the fact that it was one of those games where it looked like we were never going to score, and that despite finishing the season well clear in third that we would fuck up in the (first ever) play-offs.

Never been close to crying at defeat/relegation, it happens with us far too often & usually is fairly obvious it's going to happen
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, March 28, 2014, 14:22:50 »

I got a bit of moisture in my eyes when we played swansea 6 or 7 years ago, played with ten men for about 70 minutes. Swansea scored after about 75 minutes, and the whole ground got up and urged the team on, Simon Cox ended up scoring a 98th minute penalty.

I put it down to a hangover

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: