Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Quid a Kid for Easter Monday v Bradford  (Read 5248 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 21:51:50 »

I was 3 for my first game. It was too loud for me. 89/90 season
Wouldn't be a problem now. My youngest was also scared of loud noises and didn't like crowds when he started going to football. So the County Ground was the perfect place to take him .. badum tish!
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 23:14:31 »

He's grown up going to ice hockey games, his first was at 3 days old and he slept right through it, the loud goal horn and music didn't affect him which I guess was the familiarity of it from noises he heard in the womb. Loud noises shouldn't be an issue! finding three or four seats in a row might be though... Hmmm... the back few rows of the DR have sight line warnings on the ticket website, I'm guessing that's just the ball disappearing when it's played up in the air? Can't remember any other blockages, haven't been this season though!

otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 00:32:58 »

I've took my daughter (she's Cool twice and she hated it

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 06:55:27 »

Wouldn't be a problem now. My youngest was also scared of loud noises and didn't like crowds when he started going to football. So the County Ground was the perfect place to take him .. badum tish!

On that note yesterday I found chucking the youngest in the air when we scored didn't go down as well as expected. Didn't do it for the winner and got "daaaaaad, you didn't pick me up". He's his mothers son alright.

hth.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 07:03:53 »

Ha, I still do that occasionally with my youngest, although it's more of a lift than a chuck these days and I usually regret it Smiley
sheepshagger
Suburban Capitalist........

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 08:01:38 »

I know it's a blatant plug and everything but.........

The NSPCC are the clubs chosen charity for this and next season

On Monday the idea is to really try and promote this - there are going to be green cards on a lot of seats, the players are going to wear green T Shirts warming up and coming out before the game etc....Bradford have also agreed to join in and their players will have NSPCC T Shirts on as well.

It would be really great if everyone could hold the cards up - we are trying to get a picture of the ground as green as possible

On every card there is a text number - if you text 'gogreen' to the number 70744 it will donate £1 to the NSPCC

It really is a great charity - the money stays locally and helps to pay for the Swindon centre where an awful (far far far too many) kids are helped overcome abuse of all kinds

My post as I said is a blatant plug, but hopefully most will agree it's a great cause and something we really should be supporting........

Thanks all .......

Wise men say........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 08:02:48 »

Thanks for the info shaggy.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 11:44:02 »

My two were 4 & 3 respectively when I first took them around this time last year.  They both love it now...even if I have to bribe/keep them quiet every now & then with chocolate and Angry Birds.  Youngest usually ends up on my shoulders when we score, especially when it's a last minute effort as vs Sheff United.  They went properly mental when that went in - confirming my belief that I must be doing something right.  (Eldest seems to be talking a fair bit about Chelsea, mind, when he comes home from school.  But I'm doing my best.)
DMR

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, April 19, 2014, 12:00:48 »

Let him "go Chelsea" Ardiles. Spare him decades of misery.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 05:36:42 »

I was 4 when I went to my first game. Swindon were bloody good then though. I feel sorry for youngsters today never witnessing the heights I did as a boy.
kerry red

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 10:11:01 »

Having never bought a ticket on an actual match day before, I take it I can tomorrow?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, April 20, 2014, 10:22:01 »

Yes
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: