Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere Rovers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 23954 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 15:45:25 »

Been a while since we got a chomp that hard. Quality.

Yes
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 15:45:55 »

Just kind of thought it was worth pointing out what people outside of Swindon think of Swindon.

We get that plenty.
SWA

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 15:56:59 »

It works both ways SWA, for every tired scouser joke, there is one for a 12 fingered bumpkin from Swindon, which doesn't bother me per se, I just find it a bit unimaginative.

What can we expect from Tranmere tonight? I read you have a few injuries and your defence is prone to the odd calamity or 2?

I wasn't even heading down the 12 fingered bumpkin route to be honest, I was thinking it was more Milton Keynesy. And Speedway. Any town where the mojority of the inhabitants walk around in those god awful jackets is pretty bleak hey. Obv the only busniess I've had there is the County Ground though.

When haven't you seen a Tranmere defence which is prone to the odd calamity or two? I think we've conceded the most home goals in the country this season. There's talk of Ian Goodison being drafted in tonight, so that could go either way. We have got a few injuries in the middle, yes. James Wallace managed to shake off his to play on Sat, Koumas needed injections, Steve Jennings didn't make it. All three could be out/could feature. I find it difficult to keep track of League 1 injuries anyway. I reckon we often use them as a smoke screen. Danny Holmes at full-back and Arthurworrey (CB) on loan from Fulham are also doubts (though I'd prob rather Goodison anyway).
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 15:59:47 »

Goodison must be close to getting his bus pass by now, hope he plays!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:06:00 »

I have to say, I don't think I've seen anyone in the town centre wearing a speedway jacket  

It's more about cycling down here, have a look at the cycling thread and check out the lycra  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:11:36 »

And I'm hardly irate.
Could be worse you could be a Gashead. Then you'd be Irene Smiley

.... I'll get me coat. Taxi!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:12:15 »

I wasn't even heading down the 12 fingered bumpkin route to be honest, I was thinking it was more Milton Keynesy. And Speedway. Any town where the mojority of the inhabitants walk around in those god awful jackets is pretty bleak hey. Obv the only busniess I've had there is the County Ground though.

When haven't you seen a Tranmere defence which is prone to the odd calamity or two? I think we've conceded the most home goals in the country this season. There's talk of Ian Goodison being drafted in tonight, so that could go either way. We have got a few injuries in the middle, yes. James Wallace managed to shake off his to play on Sat, Koumas needed injections, Steve Jennings didn't make it. All three could be out/could feature. I find it difficult to keep track of League 1 injuries anyway. I reckon we often use them as a smoke screen. Danny Holmes at full-back and Arthurworrey (CB) on loan from Fulham are also doubts (though I'd prob rather Goodison anyway).

I'm with you on the speedway jackets, although I don't see that many when I go to football!

Recently we had been prone to calamitous defending but Troy Archibald-Henville has been a rock at the back since coming back from injury. Sadly he is Ledley King Mk2 and can't play more than a game at a time so will be replaced by Brazilian bull in a china shop Rossi Branco.

Hopefully we'll go with Smith and Storey up front and give your 40 year old centre back something to think about!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
SWA

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:12:30 »

He is, and partial to the odd bit of spot fixing by all accounts. Still, can't see Nile Ranger forcing him to do much against his will, if you excuse the pun.

Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:13:09 »

Imagine being that elitist with absolutely nothing to show for it. An arse-end boom town whose most famous feature comes from the fact some f*ckwit lacked the common sense to not pile 10 roundabouts on top of each other. Reek of fat opinionated mosher you. Green Day is a fitting soundtrack indeed. Imagine coming from somewhere so drab and cultureless that an irrelevant, outdated American band was your reference point (and then even going for a more irrelevant album). Imagine also appearing to know f*ck all about anywhere else in the world, that you could be so out of touch in your opinions. Even the fictitious parts of Merseyside in you fantasy would have more culture pumping through them than any part of some pointless middle earth town. Do yourself a favour and leave Swindon once in a while.

Do wanna be a Birkenhead Idiot,
One Giro to feed all the minions,
Can you hear the sound of the crack heads?
Snatched handbags swiped down Tesco Express

Interestingly SWA, a majority of the first paragraph was kindly borrowed from someone who had been 'lucky' enough to live in Birkenhead for 50 years of their life, the same article pointed out to me that (if by a miracle of a chance) the working class dockers citizens of Birkenhead make it to 65, the mortality rate thereafter is the shortest in the whole of the UK. The reason for this? They can't wait to get away from the  ghastly cesspit, even if it is in a wooden box.

People have spent years tirelessly campaigning for The UK to have its own Dignitas, why bother, send them to Birkenhead.

Thanks for the bite by the way, its nice to know obnoxious little job shy scally cunts like you take the time to read it, let alone join up to comment on it. Don't tell us you have a job, the DWP could be looking. Every year Tranmere followers make an appearance, we could lose 5-0 tonight and I still would sleep easy knowing I don't have to wake up in Birkenhead the following day. Your only saving grace is the fact you have a sense of humour.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:13:54 »

Nile is out for the rest of the season unfortunately. He's concentrating on upping his arrest stats.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:13:57 »

Wasn't Goodison one of the Tranny players caught up in the 'spot fixing' sting.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:30:58 »

Be good for the Town if Goodison is playing, he has the pace of a breeze block, Storey will rip him to shreds.

I like the wooly coming on here its cheered up a slow boring day Smiley

We don't actually have a bad record up at Prenton Park, I have been there 5 times (my dad living back then up in Runcorn we always popped up for the Friday night games and back (pre 2008) I never saw the Town lose there.

Tranny have only beaten us twice in 11 games with us winning 8 and drawing once.

Having conceded 34 goals at home is the equal worst home defence in the whole football league as Coventry who have played one more home game.

The only club in the top 5 tiers of the Football League that have conceded more at home are Hyde in the Conference who are rock bottom.

Could be an interesting encounter tonight.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:32:33 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:32:18 »

Shame he couldn't save your job at Honda too..

Good job i dont work there then innit xx
SWA

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:32:48 »

Do wanna be a Birkenhead Idiot,
One Giro to feed all the minions,
Can you hear the sound of the crack heads?
Snatched handbags swiped down Tesco Express

Interestingly SWA, a majority of the first paragraph was kindly borrowed from someone who had been 'lucky' enough to live in Birkenhead for 50 years of their life, the same article pointed out to me that (if by a miracle of a chance) the working class dockers citizens of Birkenhead make it to 65, the mortality rate thereafter is the shortest in the whole of the UK. The reason for this? They can't wait to get away from the  ghastly cesspit, even if it is in a wooden box.

People have spent years tirelessly campaigning for The UK to have its own Dignitas, why bother, send them to Birkenhead.

Thanks for the bite by the way, its nice to know obnoxious little job shy scally cunts like you take the time to read it, let alone join up to comment on it. Don't tell us you have a job, the DWP could be looking. Every year Tranmere followers make an appearance, we could lose 5-0 tonight and I still would sleep easy knowing I don't have to wake up in Birkenhead the following day. Your only saving grace is the fact you have a sense of humour.

Wow. You do really love that Yank teen angst band don't you. Do you not feel that they piss against the wind a little bit with regard to your own right wing ideology? I can't help but feel you dropped a couple of typos at the begining as well. 3/10

Ironically I feel the same way about waking up in cultureless Swindon as you do with Birkenhead, and I'd say there was a much better chance of you beating us 5-0 than the other way round. Make of that what you will.

Your only saving grace is the inclusion of the 'women and children first' and the Birkenhead drill. You obviously take a little break from your days spent rewording Green Day songs to compile these little pre-match pieces.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 16:33:05 »

Be good for the Town if Goodison is playing, he has the pace of a breeze block, Storey will rip him to shreds.

I like the wooly coming on here its cheered up a slow boring day Smiley

We don't actually have a bad record up at Prenton Park, I have been there 5 times (my dad living back then up in Runcorn we always popped up for the Friday night games and back (pre 2008) I never saw the Town lose there.

Tranny have only beaten us twice in 11 games with us winning 8 and drawing once.

Having conceded 34 goals at home is the equal worst home defence in the whole football league as Coventry who have played one more home game.

The only club in the top 5 tiers of the Football League that have conceded more at home are Hyde in the Conference who are rock bottom.

Could be an interesting encounter tonight.

Jinxed it. 0-0!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: