Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scottish Independence  (Read 58259 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, August 14, 2014, 17:02:56 »

Milford Haven was previously considered, but now a no-no, because of the amount of oil takers kicking around, nukes and tankers not being a good mix.

Here's a radical idea, when the Sweaties get rid, we could scrap Trident.

I think that was basically the Welsh government mooting the idea to create jobs in the area. Milford Haven was never great, but it's becoming more and more a ghost town
kerry red

« Reply #46 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 17:24:41 »

Things seem to be hotting up now the 18th approaches.

I am sure that if England was allowed to vote on this, it would result in a resounding YES.

Hope the sweaties get what they want - and deserve!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 17:33:15 »

What happens to the union flag? 
kerry red

« Reply #48 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 17:47:32 »

Take the blue out
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #49 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 18:46:18 »

I hope we get a referendum to tell them to  stick  keeping our pound up their kilts
ExiledEric

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 19:26:09 »

Things are hotting up in Scotland now.  Even if it's a no vote (and I think it will be, narrowly) it ain't going to be a pleasant place going forward...

ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 19:48:25 »

What happens to the union flag? 

Salmond has said the Queen will remain head of state, so the flag will be the same

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Red Squirrel

Re:
« Reply #52 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 20:35:36 »

I hope we get a referendum to tell them to  stick  keeping our pound up their kilts
Not all in Scotland wear kilts or are even Scottish ! Some of us are ardent Town Fans!
Voting NO to keep my job thanks . Salmond is a prize arsehole who is currently tearing the country apart
Hope he gets what he deserves!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #53 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 20:39:12 »

T'was tounge in cheek Mr squirrel. Though I do think the Scots at work should apply for a visa if the vote is yes. British jobs for British people Wink
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 21:28:08 »

I know one Scottish family. That's all my connection. They have two sons. The eldest is called Ryan, the other Bryan.

True story that.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 23:35:36 »

still 5-1 on for the Nay Laddies
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, August 29, 2014, 23:56:32 »

The 3 Jocks I know are all saying naw. Much the same when you tell them its their round.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 07:21:00 »

The gap is closing for the Yes side, but the game changer needed to get them across the line hasn't yet happened.  Ultimately, I think Salmond's failure to address the currency question will sink independence...but not my much.  The debate in the closing weeks is going become ever more tetchy and fractious.  And I have a strong feeling that Salmond has a few aces up his sleeve as well.

God forbid you get a vote of 51% or 52% either way.  The place is going to be divided against itself for decades.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #58 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 07:35:47 »

I would prefer the Union to remain intact but I understand entirely why Scots would wish to be self-governing and to distance themselves from Westminster control.  But, with independence comes great responsibility, and I don't think the extent of that responsibility has been clearly explained to the Scots voters.  If I was being asked to vote on something as important as this, I would want a clear, unequivocal statement of every one of the implications of a 'Yes' vote.  With only two weeks to go, I don't think the Scots have got that clarity yet, there are too many 'unknowns' and Salmond is effectively asking them to vote with their hearts and not their heads.  That doesn't seem to me to be a very good way to start.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, August 30, 2014, 07:49:28 »

Tunnock's are supporting the No campaign, so I can still eat those guilt-free.

If the Yes campaign wins it, I look forward to the shit storm headed their way. There seems to be an awful lot of hope involved with them keeping the pound (from which they can fuck right off, independence means exactly that, cut the ties and go out on your own. Picking and choosing which bits you want from Britain is not the way to do it, thanks) and getting into the EU, despite the EU saying they don't want any new members any time soon.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: