Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston fans.  (Read 8286 times)
kerry red

« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 16:28:08 »

Or not heard
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 17:58:55 »

The TE is the worst it's been for years...ref atmosphere..

Clems Army!
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 18:02:42 »

The TE is the worst it's been for years...ref atmosphere..

My first game in over 2 years, can't be arsed with that again - I'll stick to away games. Real fans who care.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 18:20:22 »

My first game in over 2 years, can't be arsed with that again - I'll stick to away games. Real fans who care.
Haha. So people who only go to home games don't care? Don't be such a twat.

It's All Good..............
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 18:30:11 »

We've done this one before...and simply, the other 2 stands will be the only ones open. Easily enough capacity for most games still.

Power has said he's not interested in the ground....SBC in their present incarnation won't do anything to help.

Well done Reg, you managed not to blame the Tories or the Americans
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 18:52:53 »

Haha. So people who only go to home games don't care? Don't be such a twat.

After re-reading I understand where you're coming from, and I'll take it back as it was harsh and wasn't what I intended to get at and rephrase - I'll stick to away games... 'better' atmospheres.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 19:21:20 »

After re-reading I understand where you're coming from, and I'll take it back as it was harsh and wasn't what I intended to get at and rephrase - I'll stick to away games... 'better' atmospheres.
I'll agree that away games are usually better in terms of atmosphere. Especially when we're rammed in a terrace behind the goal.

It's All Good..............
kerry red

« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 19:26:25 »

Spose the best away day left would be Coventry at Northampton - for numbers anyway
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 19:32:40 »

Giving money to all our competition and none to STFC doesn't really help.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 19:47:44 »

Giving money to all our competition and none to STFC doesn't really help.

Could just buy a season ticket and not bother to go to home games, get the be sty of both worlds then Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 19:50:34 »

Well done Reg, you managed not to blame the Tories or the Americans

Really...who runs SBC?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 20:43:06 »

[/quote]
Whilst they lack luxury the 2 end stands are hardly crumbling to pieces, they both have at least 20 odd years left in them if needed.

20 years my arse. The way football is headed it won't be long before uncovered stands are made obsolete. And Stratton Bank is showing lots of decay especially at the back down by the toilets. My view on The Town End is that sooner or later the authorities are going to clamp down hard on standing at football stands. If this was heavily enforced in The Town End I think a lot of people would not sit in it. Whatever plans Power has sooner or later someone, whoever owns this club will have to address the issue regarding the ground. It might just about hold its own in League One at the moment but if Power truly has a vision for us in The Championship then that should include the stadium. The County Ground would easily be one of the worst in the championship if not the worst for home and away fans.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 21:26:17 »

See you on Saturday mate  Wink

#VivaKenBarlow!
Talk Talk

« Reply #43 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 21:49:02 »

20 years my arse. The way football is headed it won't be long before uncovered stands are made obsolete. And Stratton Bank is showing lots of decay especially at the back down by the toilets. My view on The Town End is that sooner or later the authorities are going to clamp down hard on standing at football stands. If this was heavily enforced in The Town End I think a lot of people would not sit in it. Whatever plans Power has sooner or later someone, whoever owns this club will have to address the issue regarding the ground. It might just about hold its own in League One at the moment but if Power truly has a vision for us in The Championship then that should include the stadium. The County Ground would easily be one of the worst in the championship if not the worst for home and away fans.

Jeez, you really have got a downer on our ground, haven't you? Personally I like it the way it is. The DRS is fine for the ardent 'match analyst', it's still reasonably modern. The Arkells is what it is, but still ok if you don't mind the pillars. The TE is ace as far as I am concerned - who gives a shit about facilities? It has character and is not in that bad shape. As for the Bank, please let me be on it on a sunny day in the spring or early summer, there is no better place to watch our team.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 23:01:51 »

Actually, the bank is where I bought my first season ticket (prem season). Great atmosphere, sandwiched between the away fans.

Good view too.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: