Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston fans.  (Read 8114 times)
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 14:59:48 »

Improve the CG by all means, even re-build it, but don't move to some soul-less concrete crap hole on the edge of town, 2 miles from the nearest pub.

My father in law is a season ticket holder at Colchester, and he absolutely hates the new ground in comparison to the old one - and he admits that one was shit !

kerry red

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 15:15:07 »

On their forum their fans think they have no chance in the play offs cos they aren't tough enough!!

I presume they must be better than they appeared yesterday cos they were absolute dog shite for a team with the best away record in the league.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 15:21:35 »

Improve the CG by all means, even re-build it, but don't move to some soul-less concrete crap hole on the edge of town, 2 miles from the nearest pub.

My father in law is a season ticket holder at Colchester, and he absolutely hates the new ground in comparison to the old one - and he admits that one was shit !

Agree 100%. To be honest with The County Ground I'd like to see it stay put and just replace The Town End and Stratton Bank making sure the corners all filled in. Keeps the wind out! Then concentrate on match day facilities.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 15:48:01 »

We must never leave the County Ground, even if nothing can be done with it I'd rather keep it as it is than move somewhere else
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 18:45:39 »

Stevenage, Carlisle, Crewe, Colchester, Gillingham, Crawley, Walsall, Vale, Brentford, Orient, Rotherham.

Off the top of my head, all of these clubs in L1 all have miles shitter grounds than us. The CG isn't that bad.

Rovrums is brand new and not that bad and Brentford have permission for a new one

The others yeah - for now
Ours will soon be the worst/oldest for miles around once the 2 Brizzles rebuild/build theirs
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 19:07:58 »

We don't need a new ground to attract more spectators,  being successful on the pitch will do that. The CG, as it is, is more than adequate for match days. The problem is that it's not a money maker the rest of the time.

It's All Good..............
@mwooly63

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 19:17:19 »

We don't need a new ground to attract more spectators,  being successful on the pitch will do that. The CG, as it is, is more than adequate for match days. The problem is that it's not a money maker the rest of the time.

Yeah sure success on the pitch would drag in more fans
Attracting new fans is the thing
The DRS is the only stand thats decent.
Town end is a shit hole with very little in the way of facilities and for those that havent been before and only watch on tv why the fuck would they go in there more than once ?
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 07:28:45 »

Realistically how long can The County Ground survive as it is. Surely only a matter of time before Stratton Bank and The Town End condemned.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 09:35:33 »

Realistically how long can The County Ground survive as it is. Surely only a matter of time before Stratton Bank and The Town End condemned.

We've done this one before...and simply, the other 2 stands will be the only ones open. Easily enough capacity for most games still.

Power has said he's not interested in the ground....SBC in their present incarnation won't do anything to help.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 09:42:27 »

By that logic, it's only a matter of time until Wembley is condemned. Have you ever been to any away days? There are stands that are falling apart. Exeter's away end has a fucking tree growing through it. The County Ground is a palace compared to most other teams at our level.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 10:11:16 »

Whilst they lack luxury the 2 end stands are hardly crumbling to pieces, they both have at least 20 odd years left in them if needed.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 12:44:42 »

The only thing wrong with the Town End is that it has got seats in it.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 13:35:37 »

The only thing wrong with the Town End is that it has got seats in it.

Agreed, plus it hasn't got a bar.

Rip out the seats, put in 'safe standing', and extend to include a bar at the back, a proper big one not something Jeds mate with a Scouts woodwork badge knocks up.

Charge adults a tenner to go in, kids six quid.

You'd make the money back in beer receipts/ increased attendances and hopefully an improved atmosphere would benefit the rest of the crowd.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 14:15:23 »

Town end needs to be made steeper, too shallow
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 14:56:30 »

The Townend was woeful Saturday. Nothing short of embarrassing... The worst I've ever heard our home support.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: