Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Preston fans.  (Read 8283 times)
LionelHutz

Ignore
« on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 19:28:25 »

A bit pathetic today, I thought.

I sit in the Don Rogers Stand and the only time I heard them was when they were whistling to deride our fans for making a few chants.  Ironic.   They also tried to take the piss out of our attendance when 500 from them was truly pathetic for a club in the play offs.  We would certainly have taken more up there if we'd been in the same position.

As for the team, a woeful performance from them countered by a solid and, at times, very good performance by us.  After 25 years of not playing Preston until last season, I look forward to meeting them again in 2014/15 because, one thing's for sure, they ain't going up, the useless northern cunts.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 19:48:57 »

Thought they might of brought a few more and fucked my guess the gate sweep that fat cunt jutty mopped up.

Clems Army!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 19:50:50 »

and ours were no better. The TE looked empty.
LionelHutz

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 19:58:55 »

Ours were largely silent, but we are mid table with no prospect of achieving anything this season.  They, allegedly, are promotion contenders.  But they won't go up.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 20:22:24 »

People staying away in their droves. Not surprising, the shit we've had to face.
Arkells had huge gaps in places.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 20:28:37 »

7.5k is respectable though to be fair under the circumstances.
LionelHutz

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 20:43:43 »

People staying away in their droves. Not surprising, the shit we've had to face.
  How are people staying away?  7.5k is the norm for us over the last 10 years or so.
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 20:51:14 »

And there was me thinking it was always full.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 21:15:37 »

He probably means the away end.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 01:12:43 »

7.5k is respectable though to be fair under the circumstances.
they surely count season ticket holders regardless of whether they turn up or not.

Te looked empty. Big gaps in Arkells plus gaps around us in drs. Can't believe real attendance have not dropped in recent weeks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 01:15:04 »

And there was me thinking it was always full.
n it's  noticeably quieter in the last few home games. You can see it visually.

Same with the town end, though that's always fluctuated a bit.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 14:14:40 »

Anyone defending our attendances are wearing blinkers. 7.5K is poor for a club of our size and especially when playoffs were a possibility and to a certain degree still are. The fact remains that we as a club charge far to much especially when you consider the poor facilities The County Ground offer. Bristol City prices were spot on and until the powers that be rectify this it will never change. Look at all the club's around us all with better stadiums. Will be even worse when the Bristol clubs have new stadiums and we continue to play at a decrepit County Ground. The only way this club will ever see gates 12K plus on a regular basis is when we can give Swindon the stadium it deserves.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 14:48:28 »

The only way this club will ever see gates 12K plus on a regular basis is when we can give Swindon the stadium it deserves.
That works both ways though - many would argue given the poor turnout Swindon has exactly the stadium it deserves. When the town get behind the club, then maybe that will change.

(I don't disagree with much of what you say btw, just playing devil's avocado to some extent)
DMR

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 14:54:10 »

Stevenage, Carlisle, Crewe, Colchester, Gillingham, Crawley, Walsall, Vale, Brentford, Orient, Rotherham.

Off the top of my head, all of these clubs in L1 all have miles shitter grounds than us. The CG isn't that bad.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 14:55:12 »

Stevenage, Carlisle, Crewe, Colchester, Gillingham, Crawley, Walsall, Vale, Brentford, Orient, Rotherham.

Off the top of my head, all of these clubs in L1 all have miles shitter grounds than us. The CG isn't that bad.
Colchester's is especially bad as it's a new build so they're stuck with that for at least another generation. At least we can still aspire to better
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: