Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Preston North End Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18640 times)
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #120 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 01:03:15 »

I agree with your player ratings.
Interesting that all the Spurs players were missing. Luongo still struggling to find any form at all. But good signs for next season? How do you work that out?
He played two up front today. That is not part of the grand plan. How many of today's players will be there next August.
If Power comes out of the closet and tells us Cooper will play two up front next season then I'll rush out and renew my season ticket.
The players on show today can only get better with age, with the exception of McEveley.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 01:07:19 »

"Preston had the best of the first half" ..shut up football league show. If you had a reporter in the ground you'd realise what total bollocks this is.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 09:39:24 »

So all of a sudden its the Spurs players that have cost us a play off place? Total crap,they were part of the reason we had such a good start to the season
Just an observation Adge. The first honest performance at home since Christmas and not a Spurs player in sight, except Luongo who is struggling.
I will say that I'm a great fan of Pritchard and enjoyed a couple of displays by Masson.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 09:46:28 »

I'm pretty sure Luongo's not a Spurs player Hmmm
kerry red

« Reply #124 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 09:56:13 »

Can't see the point in apportioning blame on the recent slump when we really have been ravaged by injuries and suspensions.

Probably more the case that we have struggled because of Mason's absence in midfield and Pritchard's injury and suspension.

And then, of course, there is Ranger (or not as the case may be).

Three main players absent for long periods will do for most sides.

But what is apparent is that, the top couple of teams notwithstanding, the league is actually pretty poor.

With us not picking up many points in the last dozen games we are still 8th. What does that say about the rest?
Talk Talk

Re:
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 10:06:56 »

"Preston had the best of the first half" ..shut up football league show. If you had a reporter in the ground you'd realise what total bollocks this is.

Total bollocks indeed. I thought Gladwin did surprisingly well, although Troy was my MoM. So solid, nothing went past or through him. Can we keep him pleeeeeeease? That was definitely a penalty, I didn't know that rugby tackles had been inserted into the rule book.

A good game, enjoyed that, given that PNE are a dirty bunch.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 10:13:14 »

I'm pretty sure Luongo's not a Spurs player Hmmm
He came from as you well know.
Obtuse or what?
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 10:16:46 »

Of course if you can get Mason to play a third of the season he would be a major asset and Ranger two thirds of a season and you've got yourselfs the nucleus of a strong team for a bit.
kerry red

« Reply #128 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 10:22:43 »

He came from as you well know.
Obtuse or what?

Not really obtuse.

Your inference was that the Spurs loan players don't give a shit cos they are not Swindon players.

Lluongo is a Swindon player
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 10:28:23 »

Not really obtuse.

Your inference was that the Spurs loan players don't give a shit cos they are not Swindon players.

Lluongo is a Swindon player
Hall has had an awful season. Not sure we'll ever see enough of Mason to know. Pritch is a good honest skilful player with an attitude problem.
I would always play Pritch and always play Mason for the8 - 10 games he's available
Still the best game since Christmas at home and none of them were on the pitch.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 11:46:36 »

Agree with the point that Spurs players don't seem fully committed. Gladwin worked his bollocks off yesterday & showed how much it means to him to be playing professional football...
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 12:09:00 »

Alex Pritchard? The guy highly rated by the entire league? Ryan Mason? The guy that can't get a break from injuries? Grant Hall? Who has been injured for months? Massimo Luongo? The guy on a 3 year contract with Town? Or Nathan Byrne? Who works his bollocks off?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 12:13:31 »

Byrne and Luongo are Swindon players. Mason always looks disinterested to me. Hall tries, fair enough, but isn't that good. Pritchard is the best out of the lot, but over-rated and looks like he thinks he's too good for us a lot of the time to me...
kerry red

« Reply #133 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 12:24:26 »

Can't see what you base your opinion of Pritchard on.

Whenever I've seen him he always puts in a shift whether he is actually playing that well himself.

Chuck in his goals and those he has created for others and what more could you ask of him.

He is a fine player at this level and would do well in the Championship also
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 12:58:58 »

None of them look like they lack commitment.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: