Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Preston North End Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18653 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:09:08 »

First game for yonks so nice to see a battling win but that was pretty dull for large parts, given I've almost become a neutral over the last few years.

Thank god the playoffs are out of reach because either of those sides would struggle to make 20 points in the championship.

5/10

Optimism.

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:10:15 »

All rather easy bar the last few minutes wasn't it? Preston were shite. They had the defence and midfield so close together it gave us acres of space in which to pick passes out. The complete opposite of Franchise who didn't give us any room at all.

Didn't think any of our lot played badly and should have won by a couple more.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:16:06 »

Good performance today. Storey did well second half and Stevens looks like a class player. Gladwin MOM.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:18:47 »

At last an entertaining game, keeping the 2 foot passes to a minimum.

Two-foot passers 1, two-foot tacklers 0

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:21:48 »

First game for yonks so nice to see a battling win but that was pretty dull for large parts, given I've almost become a neutral over the last few years.

Thank god the playoffs are out of reach because either of those sides would struggle to make 20 points in the championship.

5/10
Harsh. Very harsh
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:24:52 »

Good win....where is that loud mouth Preston twat today then Cheesy

Two clean sheets against form teams bode well also.
kerry red

« Reply #96 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:28:12 »

Well, that was good fun.

Can't disagree with MOM for Gladwin, he was pinging balls about a la Glenda, but I also thought Troy was immense.

Missed nothing in the air, or on the floor and brought the ball out of defence with aplomb on numerous occasions.

Of all the top end teams Preston were by far the least impressive I've seen and the pre match forecast of them being a cheating, dirty bunch of wank stains was proven to be correct.

JMac was elbowed in the first half and I think the same fella did similar in the 2nd half.

We could, and should, have knocked a couple more in which would have been well deserved.

Storey did well, despite the tosspot behind me being constantly on his back throughout.

More of the same please Cooper
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:46:31 »

Really enjoyable game!!  Thought they just about edged the first half - only just mind - but we were the better team for long periods of the second half.  It was never a penalty, but we should have had one later on when Smith was pulled out of the way as he was about to head it in!  This was always going to be a physical game which worried me beforehand, but we stood up to them well and dished a bit out ourselves.  Wouldn't argue about the Gladwin mom decision, though Kasim played well and t he whole defence stood up to a good examination towards the end of the second half.  It makes such a difference when a player like Storey runs at them with pace, Gladwin  also showed some superb pace and play on the edge oft heir box.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:47:53 »

Oh and their keeper was a cunt at the end, getting halfway up the pitch and turning round sticking his fingers up at the Town End!!  Dickhead!!
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:48:20 »

More of the same please Cooper
[/quote]

Yes, yes thrice yes
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:49:39 »

Is it me...or does Gladwin run similar to how Chris Waddle did...similar kind of style

Hmmm Hmmm
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:52:26 »

Storey starting! what are the mongs on RS gonna say now if we lose?
We'll never know now
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 18:58:37 »

Great result.  Better performance but still pretty dull, one shot on target in first half.

Thought ref was not as bad as others have said.

Completely agree re Preston being a nasty dirty bunch of northern scumbags.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #103 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 19:00:13 »

Having Miles gave us an "out ball" today. Also for the first time in ages we had movement at throw ins and decent corners. Smith looked a lot better having someone lese up front and they kept a good distance between themselves. Well worth persevering with these 2 to see whether they can forge a good partnership. I'm still wondering where the fuck a performance came from like that from Gladwin. I'd also be inclined to get Stephens back here - a couple of passes in the 1st half were pure Hoddle.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 19:08:55 »

I dread to think what you would have made of some of the utter garbage we've put up with of late.  In comparison this was excellent.

Really good to finally see a battling performance and a bit more urgency in our play.

Defensively we looked so much better.  Troy is a beast and his runs forward are fab.   Stephen's distribution is excellent (a couple of dodgy passes aside).  Is Ward injured to not even be on the bench?

Gladwin my mom as well, he looks so clumsy at times, I think Preston thought he was harmless.  Onto Preston, who were a bunch of nasty cheating wankers.  Their number 14 spent as much time on the floor feigning injury as he did standing up.  Smith and Storey were manhandled throughout.  The ref as usual got sucked in at times and as the game went on got worse.  

All in all nice to leave the CG happy and good to see the players get a decent ovation at the end.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: