Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Preston North End Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18606 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 21:15:26 »

From what Ive seen Pritchard's commitment is unquestionable and early season Mason was fantastic-Hall maybe not so good but Luongo and Byrne-no complaints overall

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 21:18:52 »

Chuffed with the result yesterday, great to leave the CG with a winning feeling - forgot what that felt like after our superb home form in the 1st half of the season. We matched them and felt we deserved the win over the course of the game!

#VivaKenBarlow!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 21:23:09 »

Mason away at Wolves was one of the best individual performances I've seen from a Town player.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 22:01:34 »

No, but getting to the bar in the Tap before the scrum is...

Good plan, but if the 200 people that seem to leave early all go to the tap then its a bit futile.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 22:03:39 »

From what Ive seen Pritchard's commitment is unquestionable and early season Mason was fantastic-Hall maybe not so good but Luongo and Byrne-no complaints overall

If I'm honest i find Luongo a bit half arsed when it comes to winning the ball back. Not a natural part of his game I suppose.  Mason is a bit the same at times.

Both technically good players when attacking though .
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 22:57:20 »

If I'm honest i find Luongo a bit half arsed when it comes to winning the ball back. Not a natural part of his game I suppose.  Mason is a bit the same at times.

Both technically good players when attacking though .

Luongo has gone backwards as the season has progressed.  You're right he does look half arsed and is so slow on the ball at times.  I wonder if he's just absolutely knackered and needs a rest?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 11:04:54 »

Yes we spoke a few weeks back about Kidd being our assistant under Macari for a while.
I wouldn't say the Preston side in 85/86 was the worst but they were poor in a 4-1 defeat.

That was the game where Rambo, carried the ball into midfield....noticed his laces were undone, so put his foot on the ball bent down and did them up....no Preston player was near enough to make a challlenge....so he just carried on with the ball when he'd finished.

Macari went ballistic at him....saying such disrespect would fire them up when we go to Deepdale....we beat them 3-0.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 11:16:33 »

That was the game where Rambo, carried the ball into midfield....noticed his laces were undone, so put his foot on the ball bent down and did them up....no Preston player was near enough to make a challlenge....so he just carried on with the ball when he'd finished.

Macari went ballistic at him....saying such disrespect would fire them up when we go to Deepdale....we beat them 3-0.
Yeah now you mention it I do remember that and Macari really laying into him.....I went to the 3-0 win at Preston that year, the only time I have ever been to Preston, it was an early KO because they had no floodlights at the time, it was the day after my 20th birthday and I remember I had a hangover when we got the 7.30 train from Swindon to be in Preston by 12.30.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 26, 2014, 11:24:14 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: