Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Preston North End Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18267 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 13:12:14 »

Just smacks of people trying to pin the blame on someone, loan players are always an easy target

Things get better but they never get good
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 15:12:07 »

Mason always looks disinterested to me. Hall tries, fair enough, but isn't that good. Pritchard is the best out of the lot, but over-rated and looks like he thinks he's too good for us a lot of the time to me...

Actually it's the one thing that I wouldn't direct at the Spurs players.

Although in fairness it's hard to say about Mason as he has hardly played for months, but ask anyone that went to Wolves where he was the best player on the pitch from either side & worked his nuts off.

The same with Pritchard, even when he's not having the best of games he puts in a lot of work. If you were to accuse him of anything it would be that he has too much chat & has picked up too many bookings for dissent.

And as for Hall, you are right he tries but just hasn't been that good. However, as we have seen in the last two games get Ward out of the team and we look much more solid at the back. I guess we won't know if the problem was Hall, or the fact that he was playing with Ward.
kerry red

« Reply #137 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 15:18:26 »

Just saying, but if we win Tuesday and Posh probably lose at Preston we'll only be 4 points behind them.

Beat the Blades at the weekend and Posh have no league game and . . . .
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 15:22:23 »

Have we won 3 in a row at any point this season?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 15:26:58 »

Just saying, but if we win Tuesday and Posh probably lose at Preston we'll only be 4 points behind them.

Beat the Blades at the weekend and Posh have no league game and . . . .
stop it...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 15:28:15 »

stop it...
It's the hope that kills you...
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 15:30:04 »

Have we won 3 in a row at any point this season?

League games, then yes in October we won 1-0 (Tranmere at home), 4-0 (Rotherham away) & 2-0 (Notts Co at home).

In fact, in the middle of that we beat Plymouth 2-1 in the JPT.

But I get your point, it's not likely
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #142 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 15:43:34 »

People will probably disagree but I can see what inept and crass means, to me the Spurs/ex Spurs contigent do seem to lack a bit of mental toughness when the chips are down.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #143 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 15:51:36 »

People will probably disagree but I can see what inept and crass means, to me the Spurs/ex Spurs contigent do seem to lack a bit of mental toughness when the chips are down.
that would apply to all the players not just the spurs ones. We need a leader and we haven't had one all season.
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 16:01:34 »

that would apply to all the players not just the spurs ones. We need a leader and we haven't had one all season.

Totally agree, and although people don't like it this is why Cooper is PARTLY right when he talks about this being a young team. Few of them have managed to get through a long hard season yet.

It's not a coincidence that the players who have performed better in the last month or so are either those (like Troy) that haven't played that many games or (like Jay Mac) that have the experience of getting through a long season.

Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 17:10:25 »

Just smacks of people trying to pin the blame on someone, loan players are always an easy target

Spot on! For some reason people always need a scapegoat.
kerry red

« Reply #146 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 18:10:11 »

God help us when we have a shit season, then!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 18:30:31 »

As an aside, and I know it's mentioned fairly frequently, but 1 0 up with 2 minutes to go and people leave. Whhhhhhhy, whhhy. Is getting out the car park quickly really more important.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 19:27:09 »

Gladwin - Ok (I think people are getting carried away with him, for all the good passes/runs he made he also gave the ball away or got caught in possession quite a few times. Struggled with the pace of the game first half. Definitely has potential but shouldn't be starting games in League 1 yet)

Yes, he did give the ball away, but so did plenty of others. He was mom for good reason (Troy up there too) so I struggle to see how he can be dropped for the next game. He deserves to start against Tranny, and if he has a stinker then reconsider for the Blades.
DMR

« Reply #149 on: Sunday, March 23, 2014, 19:36:40 »

As an aside, and I know it's mentioned fairly frequently, but 1 0 up with 2 minutes to go and people leave. Whhhhhhhy, whhhy. Is getting out the car park quickly really more important.

No, but getting to the bar in the Tap before the scrum is...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: