Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Preston North End Official Matchday Thread  (Read 18661 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 19:28:56 »

This is the shit I text radio Wiltshire:

Did we get out of our own half for the first 20 minutes. PNE famous physical style roughed us up a bit...oh for Ray McHale or Kammy today! We held our own without really matching them. A good half from me considering they can also play the ball around a bit as well as lay the boot and elbow in. Need to show a bit more in the second half even if we see a few more wild tackles to lift the bored crowd.

What a great start to the second half.....it was all Swindon and a defo pen that Smith did well to bury. Needed a second when we were on the up and getting all those corners....Galdwin was impressive during that patch and I was sorry to see him go off at the end. Good shout for a pen when we were under the cosh but I will forgive the ref because a weak one would of cost us the game as PNE would of conned him. If only Chuckles had realised that Smith cannot play alone, Storey shouldn't of gone on loan, play two up top at home etc etc...then the end of the season could of been more interesting. so far there had not been a team I didn't want to go up...until now....i hope we see cheating PNE again next season.

I pretty much stand by that ....apart from that the pen shout looked blatant.

PNE were cheaty petty fuckers...

Good strong ref though...didn't get conned by them at all.

I read back....

Clems Army!
LionelHutz

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 19:38:47 »

Disagree about the first half.  Thought we were comfortable, and we created the best chance when Smith was clean through.  Not saying we dominated, but we were comfortable.

Second half we were by far the better team and, in the end, we thoroughly deserved the win.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 19:55:47 »

Yes.

I just thought we struggled with the physical bit.

It was the PNE keeper that had to make the big saves in the end.

Fods save with his feet (offside) was epic as he didn't know at he time.

Charlie Henry in the CGH was impressed after.....

Clems Army!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 20:00:31 »

That was much better with no Harley in the team, playing no needless sideway passes.

Preston were 'dirty northern bastards', who moaned and complained about everything. A special mention for their number 6, who manhandled Smith every corner, but took a massive dive in injury after running into Troy to try and get a pen.

Talking about pens, we should've has a blatant pen when Smith was about to nod in a Storey cross from two yards, when he was pulled back. It was a decision the lino should've gave, as he was looking straight at it, but chickened out.

Mom Troy, with Stephens and Gladwin not far behind. Gladwin's best game in a Town shirt...so far.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 20:17:29 »

Still buzzing about today's game. What a difference plan B, Team B can make.
Storey will find a decent team next year as he will never make it under cooper/power.
I can't wait for next Saturday, I only hope after giving the crowd what they want and it being fairly successful we don't revert to type out of sheer bloody minded ness.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 20:26:25 »

Just saw the pen on SSN. Looked fair enough to me. Don't think Preston can really complain about it.
kerry red

« Reply #111 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 20:43:46 »

Saw the stats on BBC site.

Us 10 shots, 8 on target. Impressive.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #112 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 21:41:21 »

Decent performance, good signs for next season.

Fods - Decent
TAH - BEAST
Stephens - Decent (if we'd had this partnership all season we'd be comfortably top 6)
McEveley - Solid
Thompson - Solid
A Smith - Solid
Kasim - Decent
Luongo - Poor (Shadow of the player we used to see)
Gladwin - Ok (I think people are getting carried away with him, for all the good passes/runs he made he also gave the ball away or got caught in possession quite a few times. Struggled with the pace of the game first half. Definitely has potential but shouldn't be starting games in League 1 yet)
Smith - Solid (Does a lot of the donkey work and doesn't get a lot of credit for it)
Storey - Decent (looks a better player than pre-loan spell)

Atmosphere - tragic

Empathy Sloth

« Reply #113 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 22:01:19 »

Total pro appearances for entire stfc starting XI: 876. Kevin Davies: 772
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 22:06:47 »

Total pro appearances for entire stfc starting XI: 876. Kevin Davies: 772
This surprises you?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 22:08:34 »

I thought it was a solid 'League 1' performance rather than over playing the tippy tappy stuff . Working hard, competing physically with a robust team like Preston and playing a bit more direct using space in the channels. Troy was immense and loved Gladwin's Bamberesque run and tumble in the box for the pen although he was clipped. Just frustrating the points we let slip over the last few weeks as 6th place could have been up for grabs as the Posh slide continues
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 22:42:06 »

Decent performance, good signs for next season.
I agree with your player ratings.
Interesting that all the Spurs players were missing. Luongo still struggling to find any form at all. But good signs for next season? How do you work that out?
He played two up front today. That is not part of the grand plan. How many of today's players will be there next August.
If Power comes out of the closet and tells us Cooper will play two up front next season then I'll rush out and renew my season ticket.
fatbasher

« Reply #117 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 22:57:48 »

That was much better with no Harley in the team, playing no needless sideway passes.

Preston were 'dirty northern bastards', who moaned and complained about everything. A special mention for their number 6, who manhandled Smith every corner, but took a massive dive in injury after running into Troy to try and get a pen.

Talking about pens, we should've has a blatant pen when Smith was about to nod in a Storey cross from two yards, when he was pulled back. It was a decision the lino should've gave, as he was looking straight at it, but chickened out.

Mom Troy, with Stephens and Gladwin not far behind. Gladwin's best game in a Town shirt...so far.

Won't disagree with that anology but I'd lump in the ref for the MOTM award. Compared to some of thecRodbourne Sunday morning refs we have gad he was very good, not perfect but gery good.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 22:58:03 »

So all of a sudden its the Spurs players that have cost us a play off place? Total crap,they were part of the reason we had such a good start to the season

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 23:52:34 »

So, did the widely anticipated "kick-off" happen in Mancy Road ?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: