Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Independent Article  (Read 6387 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 12:44:12 »

Christ he's only 3 years older than me - he looks much older - must be what working with Jed does to you.

Will this possibly put the Cre8 story to bed?
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 13:39:14 »

Don't think anyone said they didn't like him did they? (On this thread). Or were you aiming that more generally?
I meant more generally. Don't get the feeling there is much love for him. Certainly compared to some of the nonsensical guff spouted in Jed's direction when he left.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 13:59:46 »

I meant more generally. Don't get the feeling there is much love for him. Certainly compared to some of the nonsensical guff spouted in Jed's direction when he left.
Oh OK. Wasn't most of the hostility (such as it is was) down to a few individuals on Twitter in a failed "Get Jed Back" campaign largely kicked off by Jed anyway? Although I agree Power doesn't seem to be widely warmly regarded, either.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 14:32:10 »

Yes I wonder just how many signatures that particular petition got.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 15:09:43 »

Yes I wonder just how many signatures that particular petition got.
And how many of them were Jed?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 16:03:40 »

And a little pop at De Canio on the way through the article.

And without mentioning names... Morshead. Is he still in the naughty corner?  Might explain why he's scratching around here, trying to get really interesting stories out of TEFers.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 16:16:05 »

And without mentioning names... Morshead. Is he still in the naughty corner?  Might explain why he's scratching around here, trying to get really interesting stories out of TEFers.
One day I'll do something you approve of Reg. One day.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 16:20:19 »

Don't hold your breath, you have more chance of getting a front page exclusive in one of them posh broadsheets.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 16:22:20 »

I quite liked the piece a couple of weeks back outlining why the current project should be regarded as successful thus far....but the following week it was followed up by the Cooper out piece...struck me as somewhat contradictory.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 16:25:10 »

I quite liked the piece a couple of weeks back outlining why the current project should be regarded as successful thus far....but the following week it was followed up by the Cooper out piece...struck me as somewhat contradictory.
Cooper out piece?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 16:34:20 »

Cooper out piece?

Not directly Cooper out, rather this piece, which is less than complimentary about style of play etc.

.http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/11078617.SAM_MORSHEAD_COLUMN__How_to_inspire_the_next_set_of_Swindon_Town_fans/?ref=rss

Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 16:37:37 »

Not directly Cooper out, rather this piece, which is less than complimentary about style of play etc.

.http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/11078617.SAM_MORSHEAD_COLUMN__How_to_inspire_the_next_set_of_Swindon_Town_fans/?ref=rss

Ah, that. Designed to reflect a sense of disillusionment about the club - personally and from a wider perspective - not a direct criticism of the model, which I am a support of. Obviously not written well enough if it didn't come across that way.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 16:54:02 »

Ah, that. Designed to reflect a sense of disillusionment about the club - personally and from a wider perspective - not a direct criticism of the model, which I am a support of. Obviously not written well enough if it didn't come across that way.

No criticism of the writing, it's, just that it seemed a bit at odds with this one...

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/11062759.THE_SAM_MORSHEAD_COLUMN__International_call_ups_show_Swindon___s_model_is_working/?ref=rss
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 17:10:27 »

I can understand why you'd think so. I really was trying to get at different points. I approve of current model at the club I just feel that the club hasn't been able to promote enthusiasm and excitement in the fanbase for several months, for whatever reason.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 20, 2014, 17:24:05 »

I can understand why you'd think so. I really was trying to get at different points. I approve of current model at the club I just feel that the club hasn't been able to promote enthusiasm and excitement in the fanbase for several months, for whatever reason.

The reason is not winning enough games....think it's 5 in 20.  It's hard to convince the average Town fan that things are heading in the right direction when results suggest otherwise.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: