Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hot sauces  (Read 21770 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 13:43:09 »

I made a really hot phaal curry using fresh Naga chillies once; Jayo impressed me by battling through and finishing it.

You do build up a tolerance to the spice quite quickly. Stop eating spicy food and suddenly a jalepeno pepper becomes very very hot.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 14:05:59 »

Phaals are ok but sometimes the heat does overpower the taste of the curry, although when you have built up a tollerance like Si says they become better, certainly more tollerable if not enjoyable as such, but the chilli rush is quite amazing.

But you do need to build up that tollerance before you can even remotely enjoy them.

The naga chilli is quite amazing although for taste I do prefer the scotch bonnet or habanero are my faves, great heat but with a lovely taste too.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 14:08:14 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 15:02:14 »

The Bury Black Pudding Co, do a chilli black pudding.  Their standard BP is decent enough....but I'm not sure if a chilli one would work for a fry-up after a night on the lash....anyone tried it?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 15:06:10 »

The Bury Black Pudding Co, do a chilli black pudding.  Their standard BP is decent enough....but I'm not sure if a chilli one would work for a fry-up after a night on the lash....anyone tried it?
Not tried it but am intreagued by the prospect, will certainly keep an eye out for this.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 17:52:53 »

I made a really hot phaal curry using fresh Naga chillies once; Jayo impressed me by battling through and finishing it.

You do build up a tolerance to the spice quite quickly. Stop eating spicy food and suddenly a jalepeno pepper becomes very very hot.

That was a phaal? I shall be boasting about that now I know.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 18:15:56 »

That was a phaal? I shall be boasting about that now I know.

The hotter one had three Naga chillies in it, in addition to everything else I threw in.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 20:34:59 »

Thanks reg, I haven't had black pudding in ages.
Talk Talk

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 21:00:37 »

Ah black pudding. Food of the gods to the true carnivore. It's almost verging on a Christopher Lee or a Vincent Price film flashback when enjoyed.

How is it best cooked though? I usually fry it in butter but that will probably deserve a stake (sic) through my heart from the purists?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 21:07:00 »

How is it best cooked though? I usually fry it in butter but that will probably deserve a stake (sic) through my heart from the purists?

Fry Bacon in a non-stick pan, when it's had a minute or so and enough of the fat has leeched out you can chuck the Black Pudding in then.

Mind you if it's some of this watery bacon that we have to put up with nowadays you're better off waiting till that water has kindly fucked off.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 21:10:06 »

Good black pudding doesn't really need to be cooked in too much extra fat, as it should contain its own....but a bit of bacon juice does no harm.
Talk Talk

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 21:20:07 »

nowadays you're better off waiting till that water has kindly fucked off.

Cheesy
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, March 18, 2014, 21:21:18 »

Good black pudding doesn't really need to be cooked in too much extra fat, as it should contain its own....but a bit of bacon juice does no harm.

Bacon can only make meat products better.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 21:14:22 »

I'm off to London this weekend, and will probably go to the ribman. If anyone wants any hot sauce or rub, I am happy to get them some to save on P&P.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, August 6, 2015, 05:44:17 »

Chris can you get me some Holy Fuck sauce please
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, August 6, 2015, 06:19:52 »

No problem. I owe you a favour anyway.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: